or Connect

Posts by sofingaw

Just watched the video, and read the thread. Based on this, and my worthless opinion,  it looked like cheatin' to me!    Funnily enough, I hadn't known this rule until reading this thread.. I'm going to give the rule book a good once over prior to my next round. I have looked through it before, but not in a while, and I obviously missed some apparently common knowledge stuff. I pride myself on playing by the rules as I know them, but if there are too many more like this...
Miami Springs Golf Club, 140 yd Par 3 #16. It's an elevated green, and an elevated tee. This is my favorite hole on the course, as it is surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers, and has great landscaping around it. Very beautiful hole. Plus, it's challenging for a short hole, due to the hilltop green that steeply drops in all directions. Miss the green, and you shoot up 15-18 feet to it, no joke.    Anywho... hit my PW 133 or so of the 140 yards, landing it just past...
This is so depressing!    http://golf.sports.yahoo.com/tracker/1178115/scores   Not sure if this link will work for everyone, but these are all my scores since I have kept my cards and scores. I started playing about 6-7 months prior to the start of this list. Any of my scores before this list (Feb 2013) would have been above 115, mostly in the 120's and 130's.   I've been playing a year and a half almost, with no off-season. Since around July of 2012. I have played...
Two words for horn honking when not really necessary:  BLOOD PRESSURE.
Apologies if you weren't attempting to be antagonistic with your bolding and very large font size increase of the portion of my post that seemed to confuse you.If you weren't trying to antagonize, then I made an improper assumption, and I'm sorry.If you were... Then I apologize for nothing.
With as DAMNED SERIOUS as they are about people who pull out a 100% silent phone to check a text message (happened to me, can you tell?) .. One would think people would be kicked out for this stuff. Granted, in my case, I unserstand that there was no way for them to know that I had zero intention or capability to take a picture or distract a golfer in any way with my silent phone. So I understand. But I think the same amount of firmness and enforcement could and should...
Overreaction re: Tiger, IMO. I definitely think there is a mental hurdle for him with majors right now. Anyone can see that. BUT... He still has 20-40 chances or more, and he will get 15. Once he busts that mental barrier and gets 15, it'll be downhill till 19 I think. Certainly, he needs to get moving, but he still has time. Plenty of time. Won't be this week, but it will come.
Even shorter: Pros move their heads. So do we. They have it under control. We don't, necessarily have it under control. We need to improve overall on this. 'Keep your head down/steady' will help most of us who need it.
Is what I was quoting. I don't MEAN anything by it. You said it. I referenced the general 'pros' that YOU were discussing.Should be pretty clear.If not, (you seem dense to me)A) Plenty of great players, e.g. 'Pros' like Hogan and Woods, move their heads during the swing to a small degree.B) They can control their head movement because they don't move it a whole lot, overall, they have excellent body control, etc. In other words, they keep it 'Steady, not still'.C) All of...
Speaking about the head, the required position/action for repeated, good contact, is to keep the head 'Steady' not, 'Absolutely Motionless'. If an observer/instructor can CLEARLY SEE that your head is moving noticeably, and/or erratically during the swing, then it is likely moving too much for you to control consistently, like those pros that you mention. The reason it's called 'down' is because you aren't looking UP at a ball at address. The ball is 'Down' on the...