or Connect

Posts by Nosevi

Hi there. To answer a few questions, it's just using the golfshots feature and comparing your basic stats (and they are very basic) to others at whatever handicap you put in. "+2" is 2 shots better than scratch - it tells you to put a "+" symbol before the number if you are better than scratch so was merely comparing my basic stats to players using the golfshots app. I've said a number of times on different threads how barking mad our handicap system is and that it can't...
Personally I do track my stats and use them to focus my practice. I use game golf more just as a memory tool so I can then enter the stats into Golfshots afterwards which I find records them in a better way to chart improvement. I find the Gamegolf club performance next to useless - it has no idea how far I can hit a 9 iron, only how far I have hit it and that includes cut down shots, deliberate fades, wind against.......basically I hit it as far as I need to hit it on the...
 I don't really subscribe to location being a factor - how often do you think the Swedes play golf in the winter when growing up? Northern Ireland doesn't exactly have perfect weather all year round and Rory seems to have done OK coming straight from there onto the world stage. I do get the bit about playing with better players and since practicing with guys at the level I aspire to my game has had a massive up turn. Like I say, in our system the handicap system doesn't...
  The only thing I'd say is that I really don't think he's a bad bloke. I know some think so but I just don't. I think he's struggling a bit and maybe not wanting to make that public (like I said, human nature) but I'm not convinced he's trying to really fool anyone. If I was I wouldn't post high scores when I shot them out on my own. What would be the point? Currently his scoring average is what it is, he's not hiding it and it would be simple to do if he wanted to. It's...
 To take an ipad screen shot to show his results? Push the 'Home' button and 'Off' button at the same time. I think he could probably work it out if he set his mind to it
 Was giving her the benefit of the doubt that she did it deliberately and on cue........ but perhaps you're right  The point is that a combine is a very good metric for performance and yet we're not seeing any. Why? I'm trying to work out how I could measure my performance on my kit against the Trackman combine so I can compare myself to Luke Donald, Justin Rose, other PGA Pros - I want to know. If I was doing The Dan Plan I'd publish it. Even a screen shot of dispersion...
Maybe he is, Lihu, but I've a nagging suspicion that if there were masses of positive results we'd be seeing screen shots plastered all over his blog by now and yet there's not one. I can't for the life of me see a reason for having the ability to show everyone exactly where his long is, bearing in mind all it'd take would be a 2 second screen shot on his ipad, other than it's not quite where he wants to show it is.Flightscope has a 'combine' the same as Trackman. If you...
 I do think the media focus thing is hurting his chances of getting better and told him so a while back. His view is more or less that the whole media/blog/type things is what sets him and his plan apart from others doing similar things (pretty obvious from the way he is going about his plan). I told  him succeeding is what would set him apart. Don't get me wrong, I think he likes the attention, but I don't think he accepts it when I tell him it's killing his chances of...
One old boy at my club often gets ignored, possibly because he's clearly mad and breaks into uncontrollable laughter for no apparent reason from time to time but also because he talks constantly (and I do mean constantly - from the first tee to the 18th green, and yes that includes during your shots) but I've joined him a couple of times now. Durring that time I've learned that he's actually a pretty lonely bloke, won't tell you his life story (but trust me I could) and...
 Am I sensing you don't like the guy?  I think, as Bruce above says, he's not exactly where he needs to be. What I don't know is whether he's being deliberately dishonest with others about that or genuinely doesn't know how good the end state (ie a Tour Pro) is. I practice with a couple of tour pros from time to time so have a fair idea but does Dan know how good a tour pro is? Watching them on the TV is a far cry from having them show you just how far you have to go in...