or Connect

Posts by Nosevi

I used the word "dedication" so you may be refering to what I wrote. If so just read it again - I said after 5 years IF basic stregth is still a problem that could only be used as an argument for a lack of dedication. I'm not saying Dan isn't dedicated to his programme, I'm saying that after 5 years strength should no longer be an issue for a midle aged male who set out determined to become a golf pro. There may be all sorts of other reasons for not getting there (Erik has...
I also think it's about talent, not sure we disagree on the basic point here - Dan appears to need more 'umph' in his swing and doesn't appear to have gained much muscle over the 5 years of the project. Lots of "appears" in there, neither of us can be sure. True, everyone can't become a tour pro simply by working out but if you lack basic strength, not working out will make it nigh on impossible to get there. Sorry if I came over too direct, thought it was just a friendly...
Don't take it so personally @Lihu. You said you thought Dan's size was in some way a road block (can't remember the exact phrase used) to getting good. I'm just saying possibly his physical conditioning is an issue and if it is, 5 years into the project, it really shouldn't be. We're just disagreeing slightly on a point. It's a forum and people often disagree. I'm not being rude about it, just saying I disagree that size or 'natural' strength is in any way a determining...
I was directing it towards you because your comments seemed to be saying his natural build was the problem. It's not. The fact he hasn't changed his physical attributes may be an issue but his stature and natural size has nothing to do with it. If he wasn't strong enough on day 1 you could point to his physique as being partly to 'blame'. 5 years down the line if his physique is still an issue that's a dedication problem. Go to the gym for 5 days a week for 5 years and...
Been reading the to and fro about whether a lack of strength is the reason Dan can't get better than a certain level with interest or whether it could be used as an 'excuse' for a lack of progress. Bottom line is no it isn't and no it can't. @Lihu, a lack or muscular strength could well have been used as a reason for Dan's lack of distance on day one. At this point, a little over 5 years down the line and it could only ever be used (if it is still the case) as an argument...
 Totally agree with the above. Do we need another Major? Not really. But if and when they ever decided that it would be a good idea to have a 5th Major (the season is longer than it used to be - there's an argument that it could handle a 5th Major) the two places that should not be considered as venues would be the Britain and the US. Golf is a global sport but it has a total 'blind spot' when it comes to growing itself as one. Look at Tennis - yes there's more money in...
Not good really but he doesn't qualify this year - you need to be a 5.0 handicap or below and his handicap is currently 5.4 . It was climbing but he stopped posting scores some weeks back, maybe with half an eye on this, if it had slid any further this would be out of sight but as it is, a couple of good scores posted to his ghin will see him get in.
 I read it. I think it's probably a pretty honest outlook on where he is right now. I must confess I don't 'get' spending $500 a month on a posh club and not finding the money for instruction - it's just the wrong priorities in my eyes.
 Regarding the bit in bold, I'm not really sure how you come that conclusion? I didn't say Dan can get better instruction at home, I said I'm sure he can get top level instruction where he is. You can only say I'm "over-stating how good other instructors are and understating how good you are" if you are categorically saying you are better than any instructor anywhere near Dan. I'm sure you're very good but I get very high level instruction here in a rural county in the UK....
 I agree with the bit about common courtesy (not sure about the dishonesty bit - dishonest in what way?) and it's a really nice offer from Erik's point of view - he's offering services for free - but it doesn't make sense for Dan as I simply refuse to accept he can't get all of that within a few miles of where he's sitting if he wanted to. I can't accept that no one in Oregon can teach golf to a high level, no one there knows how to practice or there are no really good...