or Connect

Posts by Nosevi

Have to say, though, was out yesterday and it really is a great time of day to go practice on the course. Mornings like that and it's not such a hardship........ 
 I suppose I am reasonably committed and the only reason I put it in was to make the point that doing this isn't always plane sailing, achieving something hard takes effort. Given I'm looking after my kids for about 5 hours a day (give or take) when my wife's at work but they're not at school, I have to schedule my practice around them. The swing studio helps as I can practice long game at night if necessary but I need to start my day early to get in phys, short game, on...
 Yep, all the planets aligned and I just caught it perfectly, sailed for miles. I was going after it but must confess it was a little better than my average :) Yes it's Golfshot and it is the old app. I don't use it all the time but seems to do what I want it to do. Is the new one much better do you know?
 Thanks. We'll see how it goes. I think I'm giving myself the best shot I can at it having taken time to get things like the coaching, indoor launch monitor/sim set up (bearing in mind where I live) and some good players to effectively act as on course 'mentors' as well as live 'targets' - when I'm as good as them in one area or another I know I'm in the ball park for that specific area of the game. That last one is possibly the most important IMO, there's no point sitting...
 No probs. Yep ceiling hight can be an issue for these set ups. I had the 'advantage' of not having anywhere suitable for a sim set up so had to build one. It's tough to see from photos with the sim in but when I had the garage built I had the downstairs made much higher than normal to give ample space to swing a club. There's a slate floor now on top of where I'm standing here but the ceiling sits on top of the wooden beam you can see above the bricks at the top of the...
While I won't make a habit of it I thought I'd just do a really quick 'day in the life of' to give an idea what I get up to. Don't know if it'll be of interest but it may be so this once I'll open the doors on my day. As you can see I have some juggling to do as I look after the kids after my wife goes to work and before they are at school and again when I pick them up until she gets home.    0500 alarm call - need to get up at daft O'Clock to get phys done before my...
Money no object I don't think there's any question that for training you need something good enough that it displays an accurate representation of the shot. If it doesn't you'll be forever chasing your tail making alterations to your swing to correct for poor shots as displayed by Skytrak that were in fact bang on target. Money always is a consideration though.For what it's worth I just have the standard GC2 (no HMT tracking the club). I just couldn't legitimise the cost...
 Hi there. With the side spin it just depends on which direction the error is in - if the ball is spinning 200rpm in the draw direction (nice little draw) and the kit gets it wrong 400 rpm towards a fade direction it'll show 200rpm of fade which is essentially what it does if you look at shot number 9 in the left hand set of shots in the link I posted. It only does that once in the example they give but the spin numbers disagree with Trackman by up to 600rpm on several...
 I've got to be honest, if it's for indoor use there really is no comparison GC2 to and RADAR based systems. You need less space and it's more accurate. Outdoor I still think a GC2 is better for training although the RADAR based systems have their place.. It's not just that the RADAR can't see the impact, it can't measure spin axis either - this is key. So if you use a ball it's not calibrated for, hit the ball a bit out of the toe which it can't tell and there's a...
 Regarding whether it's accurate enough for hitting wedges, the answer is simply yes it is. If it's good enough for this guy, it's good enough for me :)   Regarding the technique I tend to use, I used to do yardages by how far back I went but I'm going more and more to just doing it by feel as I spend more time practising.  Reds - you're right I was pretty much stuck back at Scampton for that tour but before that I was with the Harrier Force for about 8 years. Lots of time...