or Connect

Posts by Nosevi

I just think the instructor wanted to try something new, I don't think he was trying to 'de-rail' Dan's plan or kill his chances. I just personally don't think it was a great idea.
 Sorry mate but he says in 6 months "Hopefully" Dan will be able to putt like a pro from close range but he won't be able to hit the ball ie it's not happened yet, this is right at the beginning. His plan is to put Dan on the putting green for months on end to get him to be able to putt like a pro from 2 feet, then 3 feet, then...... in the full knowledge that 6 months into the Plan Dan will not be able to hit the ball. That's his plan. I don't think it's a good one.
 Just to put this to bed, it was totally the instructor's call. What he actually said is: "He's probably not going to go on the golf.....This... this is a very unique project so, umm, it's scary but he's going to do what he's told to do, so he actually may not go on a golf course for, like, a year. Umm, he's going to be relegated to the putting green for months and months and months and months. And one of those putting greens might be ours......" He is saying he is in...
Don't think you can tbh. Your choices are the Foresight software (basically Redchain I believe) which I currently have or The Golf Club Simulator edition which I may get purely for the course play. I got my surround from Cory at Par2Pro as it happens.Re Skytrak, my understanding is it's great for a fun simulator but not on a level with GC2 for serious practice. If it's just fun you're after it should be a decent choice though. You might want to speak to Cory about it, he's...
Hi there. I use a GC2 in my set up. I went for a Net Return Simulator Series surround as I wanted to be able to break the whole thing down and reclaim the space from time to time. As well as the Simulator Series surround you need the projector mount kit, an ultra short throw projector (I went for the one The Net Return recommend using) and a half way decent laptop so nothing too pricey. You'll also need an HDMI cable to put between the laptop or computer and projector and...
 Not rubbing it in but my copy should be here Monday 
This book looks great. I'm on a bit of a 'mission' to get better at this game, I have a very good swing coach, good equipment and tech, good training partners and probably a little natural talent........ but what I don't have is an in depth look at where to focus my efforts in order to shoot lower scores. Right now I'm a seriously dull golfer - I par the course to death most days. But what I don't do is put myself in the sort of positions I need to in  order to start...
 Re the par 3, yep see what you mean now but unfortunately there's no counter slope there, that's just the mown edge strip round the green, it's all downhill from there into the left hand bunker (which you hope you've caught if you're left of the green). The snag with a draw is that you're flirting with the trees on the right and if you draw it too much you're Out of Bounds. As long as you're happy that you can fade the ball when you want then it's probably the smart play....
Only played 9 holes today as I stepped in a rabbit hole on 9 just off the tee and twisted my knee. I've got a long standing injury as I totally snapped my Patella Tendon a few year back (my knee cap wasn't attached to my lower leg) so I'm a tad gutted. Hopefully it's just a sprain and a few days off will see it sorted.   Anyway just a little par 68, very short but pretty tight course and shot 1 over for the 9. Nothing startling but pretty tidy with 66.7% GIR and 66.7%...
 Right, I'll try to answer a few more questions but stats wise, like I said I'm probably not the best test case   Playing wise I'm only a few months into a general attack on my game. The long version is on the thread I started here:   http://thesandtrap.com/t/80287/petes-programme-single-digit-to-tour-player Blankney fairways, yep, fair comment, on average they're wider than 25 yards as a couple have bigger landing areas if you can hit them but on most you're firing at a...