or Connect

Posts by Nosevi

Thanks. Not sure if it'll be that helpful but it might if you're struggling with a ball going left due to a lack of rotation (or at least by what seems to be a lack of rotation). Be interesting to see that in super slow mo and see if the hypothesis of body stopping and hands taking over is right. As an aside the drill I was doing for irons is actually what I've started to do on the tee with a driver and has definitely helped me hit more fairways.
 You got me, last one is under the 2 year deadline  The thing is everyone talks about Dan's lack of distance off the tee (and to be fair he's mentioned it himself quite recently) but the last thing we have to go on was back in Nov 2013 where he was carrying the ball 228 yards on average with a driver. Who knows how far he carries it now, I don't.  Regarding what you've said about the way Dan is going about it I'm not disagreeing but isn't that the irony - there's no plan....
Spotted it too, was too kind to mention it
LolLike I said, I've spotted the occasional pit fall in the plan :)Btw I challenged you to find something in the last 2 years......
:)I'm kind of thinking you won't, there's nothing material in there, just a guy playing golf (or not playing golf right now as the case may be). Could be someone is going to dig up a gem that'll help my chipping technique or perhaps enlighten me on a way to better focus my practice but I'm still betting they don't.
LolBut where's the fun in that? I've actually learned a lot from The Dan Plan. Not necessarily how to go about it but I've learned about a few of the potential pit falls. Pretty much all of them actually .........
 Very true. Question is though, you're thinking of doing your own 'Dan Plan' - learn to be a pro golfer from zero experience........ in fact a pro anything from zero experience. You read the blog. What have you leaned?
Mentioned it on a different thread so may as well chat about it here. I spent 4 hours in the swing studio this afternoon working on both a slightly less open club face at the top (ie less of a cup in the left wrist as @layup pointed out) as well as trying to stop the ball going left as a result of closing the club face off a tad. I totally understand what Erik is saying about just not rotating your left forearm into impact as much (am I right that's what you are saying...
 You get talent scouts in most sports, in fact I know one for golf, he lives 3 doors down from me and used to work with Nick Faldo running the Faldo Series. Sometimes they get it right and sometimes they get it wrong, it doesn't seem to be an exact science. A young lad called Ashley Chesters gets some of his coaching where I do and I've hit balls next to him and chatted golf etc. He has real talent, you may have seen him do pretty well in The Open Championship (British...
 Still smiling at the first bit while acknowledging you're right (although not in this case, I do kind of get where you're coming from) , but have just ordered an iphone 6, pretty much exclusively for the high speed video. I could have just got a high speed camera but I'm already an iphone user and want something I can take to the range and onto the course for practice rounds etc. It'll be so much more useful than only getting high speed video now and then at the...