or Connect

Posts by Nosevi

I still think he could go further, much further if he does things very very differently. By the way his goal is to make the cut in a PGA Tournament, not just get on one. Am I going to argue that he's going to achieve that? No, but I will argue that he could do much better than winning the B flight of his club's championship.Here's a question - could a guy who played golf from early teens to mid 20's only ever getting down to a 7 handicap so not super talented in many...
Just as a last thought on the above, I think that's why I'm more optimistic about Dan's chances going forwards than some are. He's got this far despite not having used a coach for most of the time; not having been target and goals focused (which I think he needs to be); not having had a detailed fitness regime, at least not one he's shared; not practising with players at the level he's aiming at for more than a few holes of golf so he can learn from them. My point is he's...
 My plan goes into such utter 'geekery' and ridiculous lengths that I wouldn't want to bore you all with it. There's an overall plan, progress targets, intermediate targets, intermediate intermediate targets, a financial plan, a practice plan, a fitness plan, a dietary plan. I use technology to help ($15k outlay to set up a swing studio. that's not including $60k for the building to house it) to offset the rubbish weather here, I spent an age seeking out the right coach...
He's from London, he probably means The Open as in The Open Championship. I understand you have one over there as well though......?
 Agree with both of the above. I've hit a lot off mats over the winter and it's not hurt my chipping and small pitches, in fact quite the opposite. A mat is just like a tight lie, I actually feel a slight mat then ball contact off a mat more than I do off turf, especially off a decent mat. You might get away with it but you know when you've done it. A good mat will also kill the spin you get around the green on shorter shots in exactly the same way as a poor strike off...
Hi @buckeyes14 . To be honest distances per club when it comes to irons are almost entirely irrelevant. I hit driver about the distance you hit yours but irons I'm not even on the same page. Just to demo, this is on my launch monitor, I'm regularly over the 300 mark in still air, good conditions when I go after it (rarely on the course though, I like playing from the fairway :) )     The distance an iron shot goes is a result of the ball speed, trajectory and spin....
 Thanks @iacas and @mchepp, very much look forward to reading it. Lots of unanswered questions, hope you managed to shed some light on some of them :) "Absolutely zero" is spot on. Northern Ireland isn't ideal, Sweden is far from ideal - the guys from there don't seem to struggle any more than anyone else. In fact the two currently highest ranked players from those countries (number 1 and 3 in the world btw) played all their golf growing up locally, then around Europe on...
Sounds good to me. See you there :)
Just seen the thread. Look forward to Friday too although I've been off the course for a bit so you may be giving me a few shots rather than the other way round :)
 You wouldn't. Simply toss them out.