or Connect

Posts by David L Yskes

considering my drive is usually what kills my scores...      If i had someone who was driving 270+ yards and putting me in the fairway on 90% of the holes.. I am sure I would cut a bunch of strokes off my game..      considering on most courses your avg hole is 350 to 500 yards, if someone is driving an avg of 270yds,  most of the time you are using your short irons or wedges to get on the green... even on the par 5s, if they are crushing the ball, you are at worst a 3...
I think its a bit of both...   if you get him back on the winning track and he wins a major or two, then bam!!! you are given all the credit....  if he doesnt win, you are given all the blame...    If it was me and i had the chance to coach Tiger, I'd sign up, but only if i was paid X amount of money per week, and was given say 1 year to work with him..   That way it would be worth my time to work with him...  
I'd seriously look into the Maxfli U3, or Titleist NXT     I've hit both and have several of each in my bag, and think they perform very similar..     I do plan on picking up some more of the U/3's to give them a whirl..     Price wise, obiviously favors the Maxfli's...  
So, i work for Fedex doing home delivery, and often during the summer i get to drop off boxes that i know are for golf stuff, mainly drivers or irons...      But the other day, i was in the terminal's "cage"  where they look up addresses and packages and stuff...  Well one of the boxes was being re-taped.. and the kid in the cage opened it up and it was full of ProV1's, and i was like WTF/OMG  lol, i guess it was for a school or college or something because they all was...
i'd take my 3wood, and probably 8 iron...  heck i am sure if i just used those two clubs, i'd probably play a lot better...
I have the Titleist 735cms, and love them...  it gives what i like to call the best of both worlds..   the 3 thu 7 irons are cb, and 8 - pw is mb...     the only thing that i wish was different is to have the 6 and 7 iron a MB too...    but i find that the 8 thru pw in the mb is actually very easy to hit...     i've seen some of the newer combo sets, where its only 3 or 4 in a cb or 3 thru 5 in a cb and everything else is mb or blade...      but i do feel the...
Opps, I should of also said, how you strike the ball should matter a lot more than your swing speed... if you are honestly straight down the fairway, like it's your job...then i see no issue playing something like a ProV1/x....
while I don't think, your swing speed always should dictate, what ball you use.. my swing speed is mid 90s... but I also tend to slice on my drives... but my iron play is pretty solid... yet I've settled on NXT/s balls or Maxfli u/3s, I find those give me the best of both worlds...
welcome to TST...   while i dont know a whole lot about other golf club company's products when it comes to Irons...   i'd first and foremost would tell you to look at the Titleist's irons first...  Now JMO, but i feel that Titleist makes Irons more directed towards mid to low cappers..  since i do not think they make a SGI iron, and stick to Blades, MB's and CB's..   Now, i say this being a Titleist Iron set owner, ( 735cm's ) and i love them, they are a nice blend of...
Yes a 3 wood is nice to have in your bag... i wish I was more keen on when to use it more often, especially when I am struggling with my driver... i know I hit my 3 wood about 200 to 250, depending on how well I hit it.. and considering I don't always hit my driver well... i should be using my 3 wood, a lot more. .. just to be in the fair way, more consistently. ..