or Connect

Posts by David L Yskes

http://golfweek.com/news/2013/feb/21/notebook-dechambeau-key-gregorys-smu-rebuild/     So after reading this article and how interesting this kids idea for his irons was it really got me thinking into doing the same thing......   That i would cut down the length of my long irons ( 6 thru 3 )so they are no longer than my 7 iron...   I do hit my 7 thru PW the best....  And have always had a bit of a issue hitting the longer irons, and figure if they are the same...
while i doubt i will replace my current irons anytime soon ( 735cms )  I dont think the newer Irons are any better than anything in the last 15 yrs????      Like others have said a good shot with old irons is still going to go ...  the only difference with the newer stuff is the slight off hits, and the stronger lofts..     My brother who has a set of the 712 AP2's even told me he thought about going to something newer, but after thinking about it, said why??  I hit...
I only root against Tiger Woods... i mean everyone since day 1 has put him on a throne. .. and he can't do no wrong... well when his world went to crap, I was more than happy...
I've had this same issue... my pw ( titleist 735cm ) goes about 120.. Now for wedges I have a 588 52-8, a volkey 56-12 and 8, and a 60-4... The Drop off to my 52, is a lot !!! And I've thought about getting a 48 degree wedge to fill in the big gap... And then dropping my 3 iron....
I have a bunch of sleeve of ProV1s and don't use them....i just buy a sleeve every now and then ( I do have some pink ones too ) . i have hit some ProV1 / x balls and I just can't hit them well enough with my driver to see the difference between them and a NXT or even a Solo. .. if i was just able to hit them with my irons it would be a different story....
I picked up a Taylormade white smoke and really like it... it's simple looking
considering my drive is usually what kills my scores...      If i had someone who was driving 270+ yards and putting me in the fairway on 90% of the holes.. I am sure I would cut a bunch of strokes off my game..      considering on most courses your avg hole is 350 to 500 yards, if someone is driving an avg of 270yds,  most of the time you are using your short irons or wedges to get on the green... even on the par 5s, if they are crushing the ball, you are at worst a 3...
I think its a bit of both...   if you get him back on the winning track and he wins a major or two, then bam!!! you are given all the credit....  if he doesnt win, you are given all the blame...    If it was me and i had the chance to coach Tiger, I'd sign up, but only if i was paid X amount of money per week, and was given say 1 year to work with him..   That way it would be worth my time to work with him...  
I'd seriously look into the Maxfli U3, or Titleist NXT     I've hit both and have several of each in my bag, and think they perform very similar..     I do plan on picking up some more of the U/3's to give them a whirl..     Price wise, obiviously favors the Maxfli's...  
So, i work for Fedex doing home delivery, and often during the summer i get to drop off boxes that i know are for golf stuff, mainly drivers or irons...      But the other day, i was in the terminal's "cage"  where they look up addresses and packages and stuff...  Well one of the boxes was being re-taped.. and the kid in the cage opened it up and it was full of ProV1's, and i was like WTF/OMG  lol, i guess it was for a school or college or something because they all was...