or Connect

Posts by David L Yskes

hey , so i just moved to battle creek, michigan because of a job.. i've heard and seen there are plenty of golf courses around here since i drive a lot... but dont know of any of the names or places of any of them...   my friend adam told me Binder Golf Course is pretty nice... but idk  its still early and grass is still brown lol..     but just looking to set up a list of places to play...   basically anything up to a price range of 60$ per round, maybe even 75$ ...  ...
I've seen my brother go from a hack 110+ strokes per 18, to someone who now can go out and throw down a typical score of low to mid 80s almost everywhere he goes....     But he's also been playing since 2000 or 2001, and when its golf season, he has his golf league, plus his golf range practice, and then when he plays on the weekend... So basically when Golf season is in, he is out at the golf course atleast 2 to 3 times per week... 
So, after looking over all of the girls profiles on TGC, is it me or is the skill level to be a Female Golf Pro kind of ehhhhhhh...  I mean if i remember right only 2 of them didnt have Golf Pro on their profile..   yet if they are a Professional golfer, why are they on TGC on Big Break?   I mean i can still remember when Big Break first started I thought it was for people who was not on tour, looking to get their " big break " and get a chance at being on like the...
i like a good Triple Maduro camacho which would be my first choice..  Gurkha and Americano are nice too   but i've had a so many that i cant even name most of them lol....     my dad usually gets Gurkha's in a wide variety...  And after that gets Americano Cigars, and gets a variety of them..     my brother has a big stash of cigars in his humidor..    lol so ya i get to enjoy a nice variety of cigars..   when i go out golfing..  its basically like a ritual with...
here is my thought on it..      I know i hit my PW in the 105 to 120 yd range..      I know i can hit my 52 wedge a solid 90 yards... maybe a lil bit more   I know i can hit my 56 wedge in the 50 to 80 yd range..      I know i can hit my 60 wedge a solid 50 yards...     So obviously i'd grab my 56 wedge..  But if i am hitting up hill, i might grab my 52 wedge... and it depends on how windy it is..       obviously this coming spring i am going to work and...
So, I've said this for a while.....   Do you ever notice, when a white person says something and the public goes OMG thats so mean of him to say that about someone who is black, mexican , asian or w/e nationality they might be, they are instantly a racist.......   But if the role is switched, and the same thing is said about the white person, its just someone expressing their opinion or they claim 1st amendment rights......     usually the first people to claim...
while i didnt read every response...    I think a few that i'd change is....   being able to clean a ball if its on the fringe of the green..   defining what a bunker is or isnt...  ala Dustin Johnson @ Whistling Straits in 2010....... basically if it's not a man made bunker hole, then its just part of the rough or fairway..   oh and for the PGA tour..... get rid of the F-n lazy ass people who call in to report someone doing something against the rules.....  and...
I had this same thing happen to me last summer....  Went golfing with my brother and he looked at my wedges which was old Cleveland RTX's and goes wow thats a lot of bounce for your 54... which i think was a 12 ???  and my 58 had 8...     Now before this weekend my wedge game was as i usually said , pretty good for my game..    But when my brother started explaining bounce to me... I swear he flippin Sharked me lol..  and i couldnt hit my wedges for crap...   So much i...
Now on the flip side..... of the " bad " weather, i had a couple days last year, when i went out golfing and it was 90+ lol...... not that it sucks but by the end of 18, i dont think i had a dry spot on me..   I did do this 1 once!!!!  back in 97 or 98, i went golfing and decided to Walk 18...... well it was a hot summer day probably mid 90s and by about hole 12 or so i was barely able to carry my bag lol..  it was the first and last time i ever walked 18 lol... I've...
I think the only time i ever played in Bad weather was in 95.. i was new to golf and just wanted to play....  So myself and a friend went to the golf course and get in the club house and the guy working is like.... just so you know, if you want to play there is no refund cuz of the weather.. it was about 50 out windy and raining ... i was like yep no problem,,paid for myself and my buddy..   by the end of 18, we both was soaked lol... and cold...     Now i know this is...