or Connect

Posts by Ajlepisto

I'd completely agree. I've always thought the real reason that children learn better is not because their brains are more efficient, but rather that they aren't as concerned with things like form and appeal and simply focus on the task. I've never seen a kid worry about what they looked like, yet as adults, we analyze and try to find the correct poses. It's amazing how much better one gets when we just trust our brain and body to make the adjustments for us.    My wife...
I wish I was capable of trolling like this. But I wouldn't even know where to start. 
Also you could be hip thrusting toward the ball. When I had the shanks, I was early extending and trying to hit a draw. Also, if you spin out and come over the top you could also get the hozel out to the ball. Or, you could be too far from the ball (also related to early extension) and be diving down at the ball too much.   Everyone has their own cause of the shanks. Figuring out what your key issues are is part of the fun!
Would it make sense to think that the forward lean from setup is different because the swing is a circular motion with the hands as well? Since the hands are forward of the clubhead, they are traveling more around, left, and therefore closing the face but also putting the toe of the club towards the player. At address, simply leaning the shaft forward does open the face, but that's not the position the handle would actually be in during a swing, no? 
I bought one today. I was planning on doing a video review. What would you guys like to see?   It works fine. Yes, it does get loose. But, it seems to hold graphite shafts better than steel. Also, when you hit the sweet spot, the unit barely moves. When I tried to do some crazy swings, and ended up hitting some shanks, it would move.    I don't see how this would be worthless at all. It provides data which can be used to measure yourself. If you compare the...
Makes sense to me. Isn't that why we get better once the feel of "proper" makes sense to us? Everyone learns differently, but I feel like I learn the fastest and most efficiently when I can engrain a feel quickly. I think that's why drills are better than positions. Once you do the mirror work to understand what the ideal position feels like, it seems more effective to find the feel, not just pose.   What I mean is...it seems that the best students are able to...
Just thought I would update this. I've been tracking my progress on another forum with a similar post. The biggest issue I have right now is that I am using a cell phone camera, which makes it hard to see my impact position.   Instead I got a swingbyte, which has confirmed what I thought. Though I do get a little flippy, and I fought a time as evidenced by the video I posted, I was achieving forward shaft lean at impact. I actually went the opposite direction in...
Worked a bit on this. Here is a new side view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Px_xkXQ1Q&feature=youtu.be   Sorry the audio got out of sync. I'm going to record a better video.   I still hear the whoosh a bit before contact...but not quite as bad. I don't know if that's good. I hold lag until halfway down my swing usually, but I just seem to lose it in the bottom 25% of the swing.   I'm still carrying around 250 with driving range balls, but my swing speed...
Can you post a video?   It could be anything. Maybe you are casting? I was losing power recently and realized I am scooping the ball at impact. I've worked hard to get rid of it and my distance is coming back slowly. Do you swing very upright? I am 6'2" but am trying to get a bit flatter because it seems to help me get into a better impact position. If you're too upright you get too steep coming down and you release your lag too early.
Is that an increase? I'd be careful comparing your driver to your irons in terms of distance because it could be something as simple as lofts.