or Connect

Posts by 2nd Time Around

I honestly don't know my SS. I do have a cheap accelerometer that attaches to the shaft. I have no idea how accurate it is (I'm guessing it might be juiced), but I pin it at 110 unless I really take something off it, and then the swing just doesn't feel comfortable. I think it's a little too slow for my current rhythm/tempo. Something just gets out of synch.   Anyway, here's to having fun and enjoying the game! As... challenging ...as it can be at times, the one thing we...
I agree the standard and easy short game shots are not all that difficult to learn to execute reasonable well. It's the ones that result from the bad approach shot that leaves you with a difficult chip or pitch shot. For me it's easier to work on setting up and executing a better approach shot than working on the nasty and tricky recovery shots.   I've also found improving my game off the tee and my mid-irons and full wedge shots minimize the more difficult short...
  Roblar is spot-on. I'm not that good. Just getting to the point where I can probably shoot somewhere between 90 & 100 fairly regulary. I only have two wedges: Pitching & sand. I've worked a lot on the range at 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4 swings with the sand wedge. At first it was very uncomfortable and very ugly, but now it feels much, much better and the results reflect that.   I also don't worry about trying to put backspin on the ball. That's a bit too advanced for me right now....
First off, understand I basically suck. ;-)   I had my best round of the year. 45 on the front nine (Par 34). Here are the stats:   Fairways hit - 1 GIR - 2 Putts - 19 Up & Down - 1   2 pars, 3 bogies, 4 double bogies.   1 putts - 1 2 putts - 6 3 putts - 2   This past Saturday I was really connecting with the woods and accurate too. 4 out of 5 fairways but my irons and chipping stunk and I shot a 46. This week I had about 20 - 30 less yards...
Way to go Jimbo! I respect the fact you went out and did the trackman session and posted the results.   While on the course do you give it your all with your driver or do you just take a normal swing? Reason I ask is I just started golfing again after more than a decade away. Back in the day my game was really ugly (usually around 115 with some outliers below 110 and some above 120) but I swung from my heals and occassionally hit a 300+ yard drive, but way more often...
I started golfing again after more than a decade away from the game. I was never good then, but I've put a lot of work in this summer and I'm getting to the point where I can play between bogie & double bogie. For me that's about 10-15 strokes better than I used to average.   I picked up a cheap set of Top Flight XL+ on ebay with regular flex shafts. Not sure exactly what my swing speed is, but I'm fairly confident it's somewhere north of 110. I say this because I...
I'm working on very basic stuff. Grip, address, posture, balance, take away, shoulder turn, swing plane, tempo, keeping head stable and eye on ball until follow through naturally pulls it away.   It really seems to be helping my ball striking a lot. I work on this at the range but try not to think about it on the course. I want to build muscle memory and get to the point where I'm "in the zone" more often than not. One thing I also work at to help me not think...
Hiya! How's everyone doing?   Got an urge to take the game up again after 14 years away. I played once a week with a few buddies in the Albany, NY area for three years back in the mid to late 90s. Was never any good. Typically 110 - 120 for 18 holes.I never worked on it, hitting the driving range maybe once a week. I was also enamoured with power, though I could never, ever hit my driver straight so I kept it out of my bag and used my 3 wood. That club even presented...
Mainframe programmer/analyst or dev lead depending on the client's needs. Yeah, I'm an IBM mainframe dinosaur. COBOL, assembler, VSAM, CICS, IMS, IDMS, DB2, MVS JCL, TSO, yada, yada, yada.