or Connect

Posts by wadesworld

It seems a bit like there's an assumption that doing this is pulling a bit of a fast one on your buddy.  It should be noted however, that the situation still doesn't really change even if you didn't put another ball into play.  As you walk up and your buddy is laughing at your predicament of "having to play" your ball in the bushes, you can simply say, "I'm declaring that ball unplayable" and go back to the tee and hit your 3rd (assuming the other options are not...
   This seems to indicate that anyone, including the player, may repair damage done by anyone in the current group, if the ball is already on the green.  For example, your fellow competitor drags his feet and creates spike marks on your line. Or drops his putter creating an indentation.  This reads as if you or he may repair it,  since the condition did not exist when the ball came to rest. However, that would seem to directly contradict 16-1a. Additionally, 16-1c would...
Never mind….changed my opinion.
This aligns nicely with the Shawn Clement line of thinking.   He makes it quite clear that you don't need to be focusing on positions in your backswing for example.  You need to focus on the picture of the shot you want, and delivering the needed feel into the picture.  If you do that successfully, your central nervous system will put you in the right position on the backswing.   I was watching the LPGA coverage today and I believe it was Brittany Linsicome who...
You guys really expect us to believe you play with a large group of smokers none of whom throw their butts on the ground?   I've got some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you then.   As for the dippers, (which I was was for a brief time), don't leave your half-full spit cups laying around, or your half-full spit bottles.  Dang sure don't throw your dip out in the sink, the urinal or the toilet.   P.S.  You really think oral cancer is no big deal or...
  Yeah, but there's no way to know what we don't know.  I have no way of knowing how good I could have been had I had optimal circumstances and unflappable determination as a youth.  Chances are very good I would have been among the legions of wannabe's, but there's no way to know if perhaps I could have been more since I never tried.
Your post makes no sense in a lot of ways.   "Could you have made it to the tour without the right dedication, coaches and mindset?"  Well, no.  Of course not.   Now, had I determined at a young age that I was going to make it on tour and nothing would ever stand in my way, had I put in tens of thousands of hours of practice and had I had the right coaches (both swing and mental) could I have made it?  We'll never know.  Someone can look at me today and say...
Be very wary of any pain, but particularly in the elbows.  It'd be very easy to develop Golfer's or Tennis elbow hitting that many balls off an artificial mat.
  I had an interesting situation the other day.   I was playing a Par 5 that runs alongside a farmer's field and it's not 100% clear where the golf course ends and the field begins.  Along the entire 500 yard length of this hole, there was but one metal stake.  It was a rusty piece of metal, that looked like the kind used to hold up a wire fence.  The stake itself was probably 4 feet long, with the top 3 inches or so of the stake was painted white.   Now, caution being...
I enjoy playing by myself, but always prefer to play with other people when I have the choice.  I've been in hundreds of groups in my 35+ years of playing golf and only once or twice did I not enjoy the experience.   As for those of you who are too nervous to be with others, my advice is:   1)  Be honest with the people you get matched up with.  Just say, "I'm just a beginner, but I won't hold you up."  Don't try the "Gosh...I don't know what's wrong with me.  I...