or Connect

Posts by phan52

Yeah, carrying for a full 18 is tough, especially early in the season when I don't have my legs. It gets easier as the season wears on. But we can't always carry at our club, only later in the day and I rarely go 18 when carrying anyway. Don't you find it to be a pain when you approach a green? At our club, most greens are well bunkered and you have to take the cart all the way around them to get to the other side, which invariably is the best line to the next tee. When...
Private Club member here. We have had a no jeans policy at our club for years. Nobody has really made a stink about it but the board decided to give a try on a limited basis, and to allow "dress jeans" at certain functions. The thing that strikes me as odd is when a notice for an event says "dress jeans allowed", where is the line drawn about what are dress jeans? Is it the color? The fit? There is always some 50+ year old in some faded, relaxed fit Levi's and what are...
 Yeah, I believe that is what he meant. Plus, in match play, if you concede the putt to the one guy who is trying to show the line to his partner, pick it up and hand it to him. A given putt in match play may not be declined. A player may concede his opponent’s next stroke at any time, provided the opponent’s ball is at rest. The opponent is considered to have holed out with his next stroke, and the ball may be removed by either side.A concession may not be declined or...
KC at Oakland? Why bother. A KC blowout, right?  I never tuned to the game last night and didn't even know the outcome until this morning. Turned out I missed one of the better games of the season, with Oakland coming back to get their first win of the season 24-20. Good for them.
 Don't think for a minute that I am justifying what he did (like some here will be wont to do). But you have to know who Dan Jenkins is before you can make that statement. Here are some quotes from him from an interview in 2001: On making fun of players - Am I supposed to care? No, seriously, I've never worried much about who can take a joke. Arnold used to laugh, but maybe he didn't get it in the first place. I've enjoyed some friendly give and take with Jack and...
I'm 62 and have a knee issue, so I can relate. They have them to rent at my club. Tried it once and it was awkward, especially up hills and around the greens. Gotta walk way around to get to the other side of a green while, when I carry, I can just walk straight across to the other side to leave my bag near the next tee.   Much easier to carry, IMO.
This is my last post on this thread. You make a lot of good points. The fact is, if you read the thread, I never said it was alright for Jenkins to attack Tiger. In fact, I have said he was unnecessarily cruel. Whether I like or dislike Tiger is immaterial to my opinion that Tiger didn't do himself any favors by posting his defensive piece on Jeter's website. That is the only point I have tried to make. Others here have tried to make my dislike of Tiger the issue, but that...
 Somebody once said about Tiger when he was on the top of the world that he felt sorry for him because he was a prisoner of his success. I certainly didn't feel sorry for him back then. What's wrong with being on the top of the world? Now, I do feel sorry for him because he is a prisoner of his personal failures. He can't escape it.
 What that I got a date wrong? The point is that it was in response to Tiger. Did you even read the tweet? Do you think it WASN'T in response to Tiger? If not, I suggest it illustrates quite a bit.
 Infidelity is one thing. Depravity is another. Dude seriously needs therapy.