or Connect

Posts by phan52

EEEK!!!  EBOLA!!!! 
Off to play golf, so I'm out of here. but you all stay afraid. I wonder if my Goretex rain gear stops Ebola?
 Actually, we are not. I agree that the military should not have to go through this protocol based on nothing but fear. But the military IS different from the general public. They can't refuse the order or petition courts.   Thank you, Doctor. Carry on.
 Neither would I. I didn't say it was the right decision, in fact, it makes no sense when you consider the ridiculously remote odds that they may have been infected with Ebola. The quarantine is totally unnecessary for the military, but I have less of a problem with it than I do with civilians who are not symptomatic and trying to get on with their lives. The silliness continues. Ms. Hickox left her house for a bike ride this morning and was followed by a phalanx of local...
 Whoever made that decision, I would say yes. They are reacting to people with their hair-on-fire about Ebola. Give me one reason why somebody who has not had any contact with a person who is symptomatic with Ebola should be quarantined? A scientific reason based on fact, not "better safe than sorry" or some other bumper sticker claptrap. As far as "following orders", the military, as you know, has to do just that, whether it is going home or being quarantined. It is the...
Actually, it is not necessary for the military, as they have not had any contact with symptomatic Ebola patients. Quarantine is not necessarily disrupting their life as they have to follow orders regardless, but the fact that they are being quarantined has nothing to do with the science. In fact, they are far less vulnerable than the healthcare workers, due to their zero contact. But hey, they were in West Africa breathing that Ebola air, so . . .
Giants appear to be in pretty good shape with a 3-2 lead after five and Bumgarner on the bump in the last game of the season.
 That cat is out of the bag. The outbreak is already the worst ever in West Africa and viruses have a habit of mutating to some degree. That is why we have to be careful how we treat potential healthcare workers who volunteer to try to stop the outbreak more quickly. I saw a couple on TV last night, both doctors, who were preparing to go over there shortly. They got out of work to go for 28 days. When they heard that they may be quarantined for an additional 21 days upon...
 And they have known that for a long time. The point is that you still need to have direct contact with the body fluids of a person who has been in an acute stage of the illness, not an un-symptomatic person bowling in Brooklyn. As far as the virus mutating, yes, that will likely occur, but it is unlikely to modify in a way that changes its mode of infection.
 And it says in the conclusions: Taken together, our results support the conventional assumptions and field observations that most EBOV transmission comes from direct contact with blood or bodily fluids of an infected patient during the acute phase of illness. The risk of casual contacts with the skin, such as shaking hands, is likely to be low.  http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-the-ebola-virus-will-go-airborne/ There’s almost no historical...