or Connect

Posts by phan52

Sam Penecale
 I guess the NFL had to crackdown to keep it from getting out of hand, but the shame is that they have also killed originality. Love him or hate him, but TO with the Sharpie was pretty damn good. That, and this . . . Get your popcorn ready . . .
Should be embarrassing, but I am fairly certain that he doesn't care.
 There was a dubious PI call against the Eagles on third down in the Dallas game and, when they showed it on the big screen, the place went crazy. Three plays later they called offensive PI against the Dallas WR and it ended the drive. It was just as dubious and an obvious make up call, but that is rare. The refs don't like makeup calls.  "I know I’m going to get got, but I’m going to get mine more than I get got though." Best line I've heard all year. Beast mode!
42-42-84. Paradise rules. Drove the ball horribly with an OB, and missed buying a windshield by about a yard. Two sandies helped the score and the putter was on as well.   Started the round at 9:15 with 43 degree temp in Philly and no wind. Overcast all day, so that kept the temp down, but the wind kicked up around the 15th hole and it got cold at that point, with a tru-temp in the 30's. Wore my winter golf gloves all day. Got my ass handed to me by one of the better...
In Philly, we usually get Baltimore, the Giants, the Jets or the Steelers if the Eagles aren't on. But we got the Browns game because of the hype of Johnny Football,
It is going to be a little nippy in Philly this weekend, but sunny. If the wind isn't up, I may play Sunday since the Eagles/Cowboys is a night game.
 I will miss Johnny Miller, the best broadcaster in golf. Buck is a pro and he'll be fine. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but I don't like Greg Norman even a little bit. I will be surprised if he doesn't inject himself into the drama, as he is wont to do. He like the words "me" and "I" a lot.   In the end, it won't make any difference to me, and I will be watching because it is the US Open.
I find that my scores don't change much on aerated greens. But it probably comes into play for some players. I played with a buddy this fall who isn't a bad player but he has zero confidence in his chipping and will sometimes putt from way off the green. He is a 16 handicap but, the way he strikes the ball, he should be a 10-11 and the chipping really holds him back. Never gets up and down.   He noticed right away that day that he could hit his chips solidly right at the...
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/09/sports/football/rams-send-out-spoils-from-redskins-deal-for-coin-toss.html?ref=sports&_r=0     For the pregame coin toss, Coach Jeff Fisher sent out as his captains Alec Ogletree, Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Stedman Bailey, Greg Robinson and Zac Stacy. The common tie? Each player was acquired as a result of the Rams’ trade with Washington in 2012, in which the Redskins received the second overall draft pick to select...