or Connect

Posts by Monte the Bear

McIlroy is Catholic, has always played for Ireland at both amateur and professional level, plus his uncle was killed by the Ulster Volunteer Force, a pro-Protestant Sectarian militia that terrorised the Catholic population of both Northern Ireland and the border country.   As I understand it, the term 'taig' was used - McIlroy arced up at this because he would have gotten a lot of that in his time.
Bubba's fine - he's just a bit ADD. Just as Keegan Bradley is OCD. But if Bubba comes back to the UK, he can cook on my barbecue. And Keegan can clean my house -they will both be good at that.
What does it pay?   anyway, here is a couple for you.   1. the woman who McIlroy is licking his post-Caroline wounds with     http://nadiaforde.com/   2. The reason for all of the heavy security presence with RM down the 18th - chose Ireland for the Olympics, had an Uncle murdered by the UVF, is a MU fan in Liverpool. Not a well-liked man.
This guy writes for Golf Digest, has his own blog and contributes to the 'State of the Game' podcast. A well-known 'journalist' and course critic. Here is what he said in the State of the Game Podcast dates 27/11/13 after Mike Clayton (Australian Professional and course architecture partner with Geoff Ogilvie) stated that Ogilvie rated McIlroy above Adam Scott after watching him playing at Royal Sydney.   ''I’m writing him off next year if he’s going to continue this...
Just on McIlroy.   He's catholic, a Manchester United supporter, has played for Ireland all his life and had his uncle killed by the Ulster Volunteer Force. He got some horrific abuse from somebody today, really unbelievable. I mean - you would NEVER hear that in the US. One guy was marched out, and that also explains the security around RM at the end walking down 18.   Should never have it at Liverpool again - a bunch of scumbags. Great course, but the patrons are...
Let's not kid ourselves this was about the lightning - the lightning has been bouncing around us all day and we got a really big storm at 5.30-6.30pm with multiple strikes pretty close.   Seen pictures of the greens and fairways flooded makes me believe the R&A actually made a very good call - play got completed, no-one has to come back on a Sunday, which utterly ruins the comp.   If you think the US transmitters are happy about the timing, knowing that Tiger and...
Ya know, he's right about the number of people on the fairway though. Each one of the games has a scorer, a rules official, a scores board carrier, bunker raker, and then a whole host of mobile cameramen, sound personnel and cocks with mic's. Did anyone see McIlory nearly bean one talking head who was standing in the first cut of rough, thinking he was far enough from the tee from a bomb? If he the ball had hit him and triggered into the shit, I would not have blamed...
I'm having a whip round to organise a trip to Dignitas for Peter Alliss.   Fowler got the lead, then whipped his old feller out and stamped all over it.   Rory has 2 to go and could well go in with a 6 shot lead - n which case, put a fork in it, because this is done.
If there is one thing this thread shows it's that the interest in Tiger Woods is still alive and kicking nicely - most players who have dominated and then faded have been allowed to gently slip into the good night...but not Eldrick.   He will never be forgiven for not being a good husband, it seems. Even if a large section of the golfing public would want to hit a ball like him and bang skanks like him.   McIlroy is the most exciting player on the tour right now, but...
McIlroy just played beautifully after the third hole - just hitting the ball where he wanted to do apart from a couple of loose drives.   DJ doesn't have the balls to catch him - McIlroy has more finesse to his game.   Great news about Tom Watson.   Vale Bob Torrance - a nice man in an industry filled with bullshit artists.   Tiger needs to just play. He'll be back, but a British Open ain't the place for a comeback.