or Connect

Posts by Flav

I work two jobs. One full time m-f and one part time usually just two weekends on call a month. But the pt gig is 15 minutes from the home course so it's easy to get a round or range session in after work. Wife gets two days a week where she's out early or off so those are my two weekday after work rounds while it's still light out. Otherwise in the fall and winter it's weekends only and it's either Saturday or Sunday but never both unless out of town guests want to play....
Your not a real golfer if you cannot quote one line from Caddyshack or Tin Cup.  "Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch."
Well if it's busy they will likely be joined by a random solo that day anyway. At least in this case you get an am tee time if that's what you desire.
Don't know how but forgot "two gloves" so there were two local guys. Guess he's just farther away so I forget him.
There was a local guy playing in it do I watched a lot of it. He didn't do so well but it was nice to see Shank out there grinding.
Oh how I am thankful for this decision yesterday. Landed my tee shot into a fire ant nest and no way I was hitting it outta that. One fire ant "dance" is enough for me in this lifetime.
That's why I have a hard time buying into the it takes to long. People complain about a 4-5 maybe six hour day outside yet will spend 7 hrs Saturday and another 7 Sunday watching football on tv. Or any sporting event for that matter.The more I read it's the it's to hard excuse that I'm thinking is the major obstacle.
Seeing all the course listing for Florida and knowing how many are here in South Carolina (10 within a hop skip and jump from my house) it would be interesting to see if the decline is regional. Maybe the Midwest or Northeast are hit hardest etc.
Here is an interesting view from someones comment on the article that made me post this question. "Golf's biggest challenge is over coming a culture and society that values teams sports. Most parents have no problem shelling out almost a grand for a hockey season or hundreds for a travel team in baseball or even a couple hundred for a little league season as its seen as a chance for their kids to make friends. Golf on the other hand is seen as a solo sport where your not...
A lot of the money issue is priorities and the perception golf is expensive to start. New golfers need , like it's been stated a few times, us established golfers to show its not. There is no excuse that a beginner should have the perception they cannot play twice a month at a par3 or executive or muni course for under 40 dollars. No reason they should feel that they can not play with clubs that cost 100 or less for a set. The initial cost may be higher than baseball or...