or Connect

Posts by ToblaT

There are 2 normal ways to see if you want to start playing golf here in Sweden, where we got this test system. 1. You borrow a club or two and go to the range and see if you like it. I would say that most people will know if they like it or not after this. 2. You borrow a set, couple or a single club and go play on one of the courses that doesn't require a green card. There aren't super many of them, but enough for it to be a viable option for most people. Both are the...
And yet I got basically that exact thing for free in Sweden, as explained in my previous post. The problem as I see it is how to get enough courses to do it, rather than the test itself. As @John Friedel said, it will probably not get implemented on enough courses for it to work nationwide. I do however think its possible for it to be implemented state by state.
With the "new system" to book a tee time you use the golf-id (thats what they call the id number you get when you start playing golf in Sweden so lets just call it the same) you get from your club after doing the test. If you don't have one you will be told you can't book a tee time before getting one. A lot of people seem to think that they will have to take the test even if they have played golf for a long time already. That is not the case, the test is ONLY for new...
At first I was thinking something along the lines of "big deal, she missed by an inch when replacing the ball" but after seeing the video i totally agree, that was definitely intentional which equals cheating. The ball was off the ground for about half a second and yet it managed to travel that far when being replaced again.
Why don't you push it? It's just as easy to push a 2-wheeler as it is a 3-wheeler, apart from going up steep hills or over very uneven terrain. I guess it could be a model that's harder to push than pull, but unless that's the case you should just push it. Although I do agree that if buying a cart today everyone should buy a 3-wheeler (clicgear 3.5).      It can't be said enough how important it is to use comfortable shoes. You will ruin your feet before finishing the...
It confuses me how people seem to think that the test has to be a long test that will ban you forever if you don't get every question right. Or that the playing test means you have to score a 75 or better after 18 holes. Here in Sweden the tests are basic, easy and fast. Like I said in my earlier post:Thats the rules & etiquette test, it takes about 3 minutes to do and another 5 to score and for the pro to explain the answers. I never even mentioned how the playing, or...
I believe that there is a different mindset in the US compared to Sweden (or EU in general), which is the biggest problem to consider if you want to implement a system like this in the US. Here in Sweden I would argue that the system actually encourages more players than it discourages, to start playing golf. As i pointed out in my first post it's also not expensive for the beginner (mine was free) so I don't see why only privileged people would be able to play with this...
In Sweden you have to get approved by a club to be allowed on courses connected to the Swedish Golf Association (SGF), which is pretty much all of them. Now I understand how that sounds scary/annoying/expensive and what not, but the truth here in Sweden is that it's much appreciated by the new golfers (even more so than the other golfers). The tests and lessons you take differs a bit from club to club, but not a whole lot.   When I took it a couple of years ago it was...
Sweet, I'm almost there!
It actually fits the definition fine. That's what I get when I google for a definition of golf. Just because it's not by the rules you chose to follow doesn't make it another sport, it just makes it golf by a slightly different set of rules. What you are saying would mean, for example, that untill 1952 (USGA started to jointly issue rules with the R&A) people in the US didn't play golf, but a "game that sort of looks like golf".       As for a breakfast ball, I don't...