or Connect

Posts by Derrick Parker

I married my high school sweetheart at age 19, still married to her and doing fine...my golf game however.......
The ball into the lake, yes I did thank of that but I held my temper for the sake of the boys. 
I think this explains how to figure out a handicap rather well.    http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Your-Golf-Handicap
Well, my grandsons are learning quite a bit on the golf course. One of those things is that some adults behavior is less mature than that of a 14 or 12 year old boy. 
My grandsons are new to the game and they can be slow. We let people play thru quite often, when we are not waiting,  but in this case we were not holding up anyone. Also, the twosome that hit my grandson were playing slower than we were, people were piling up behind them. That of course only made me angrier. I had the urge to tell the twosome behind them, "tee off! the man in the green side bunker (where his ball landed after hitting Carson) he won't care!"    Derrick. 
A bruise on one leg otherwise fine. 
My wife said the same thing, about getting a person from the pro shop to handle his butt off the course. She was not happy hearing her grandson was bombed by a fool's golf ball. 
Today is the first day I have gotten really mad at a golfer other than myself. I am playing with my two grandsons, 14 and 12. They are newbies and so they are hacking the ball a bit down the fairway doing their two month best.  We are on a par three over the water hole, about 135 yards from the whites, 85 yards from the women's junior tees. I hit my seven over the water at the pin about 145 yards and land just on the back edge of the green, pin high. The boys are trying to...
I watched it. I was really impressed with the kids, not just their playing ability but their manners, attitude, and respect for the game of golf. Those kids showed a much more mature attitude towards sportsmanship and the game they love than kids who play any other sport. I say that as one who coached kids baseball for many years. 
My A wedge is cast and here I was thinking I must be an idiot...Wait a minute, my sand wedge is forged! So what does that make me?