or Connect

Posts by rehmwa

Can only look at the score summaries - this tourney is killing some serious players
  Who cares?  lowest score wins regardless of how each hole is labeled.I wonder if players would attack courses differently if there wasn't any par designations at all.  (I doubt it, but I'm sure there's still a mental aspect to having the expectation put out there....)
 yup  I think the example that keeps resonating with me was actually a (surprise!) Big Break.  Jerry Rice's teammate was playing another girl for elimination (if I remember it right).  The moment his teammate won it, Jerry saw the loser just feel crushed and the first thing he did was go straight to her and console her, before celebrating with his teammate.  Totally classy and I always hope to see it reflected in every tournament I watch.  Mostly I do to some extent, even...
 This^^^I find this to be prevalent on just about anything nowadays.  Emotional escalation is the easiest way to get lazy people to vote. (but, I think a lot of people listen to reason.  It's just that the hardliners are REALLY LOUD, and it makes for entertaining news reporting.Now, my bias is that the true hardliners are on the left of it - I've met a lot of people that truly do want to outlaw guns and delete the 2nd.  While I've never (yet?) met someone that wants to...
 My apologies - I find the correction above to be appropriate.  If a bit patronizing. But the key point in the anti-gun element is NOT an acknowledgment of differing, but acceptable, ideals with a respect for the other viewpoint (i.e., THAT would result in gun people owning guns, and anti gun people choosing not to and both of us just fine with that).....  But a strong need to enforce their position on others and remove the ability to own guns (property) from others of a...
 Good to see that sportsmanship (anyone can appreciate good shots from any other player).I was a bit disappointed to not see it from ALL the girls for any good shot. But when that last putt didn't fall, I also would have liked to see Stackhouse go immediately to Davis FIRST - BEFORE celebrating with her team.  Davis was standing alone and ignored on the outskirts of the Stanford team pre-celebration trying hard to congratulate the other girl.
  you want to look good on the course?  hit your drives straight, stop your ball on the green, make putts as for fashion.....one second, I need to find a girl to ask this question - be right back
Actually fun to watch - the last group played well and it was good golf   pace of play?  I believe they were keeping up with the group in front of them.....and I didn't see any group behind them being held up either     ; )     (I see a lot slower in the PGA - but we get the benefit of jumping to other groups.  When it's the end of a PGA tourny, following the last group seems slower than these girls).
Played a local VERY  NICE course yesterday - Troy Burne.   I think likely the worst scoring/hitting game of the year.  But the score card was soaked and we didn't keep score. I did have a very reasonable length eagle putt (missed it) on a short Par 5 where I hit a great drive and a decent approach shot (only pulled it a little bit).   I was missing like crazy, and this course isn't friendly to missing your lines....   Gotta lot of practice out of fairway bunkers and...
 Digression - Sorry about that..... The "Barney Fife"/Mayberry theme is used constantly as a derogatory slur. I think that's sad..... Here we have cops:1 - They take the time and know everyone in the town personally and are friends with everyone2 - They use judgement with offenders and give warnings or help people out (example, letting the town drunk sleep it off in the jail instead of arresting him)3 - They figure out problems before they turn bad and try to settle stuff...