or Connect

Posts by rehmwa

difference between a good coach and a crappy coach is that phrase "they're not really understanding their ((fill in the blank for whatever sport you are referencing)) as much as they're just telling us what worked for them."
 ok - now someone will have to explain "adjusted gross score" at that point, it looks like everything is there
same here - it's so hard to define what you mean.  It seems simple, but ask 5 people and you can get 5 very different concepts and then there's release during the swing, and then there's the release of the ball when it hits the green, etc etc etc. If really stuck, whether it's a full swing or putting or whatever, I'll assume that the 'release' is any point when the wrists do their thing at that timing just prior to contact  as for a ball checking up vs releasing....that's...
Scrambles yesterday - fun stuff.  Me and 3 people that don't really play at all...   Par 5, I hit the correct drive for the hole (long on the left edge)  and left 208 yards to the pin. Pin is on a rear left lobe of the green, that lobe is blocked in front by a bunker.  The only opening is the right half, and there's trees on the right, so I have a lane with sand left, trees right.   (last time I played this hole the pin was short right and I had a 12 foot chip for...
Bag of tees.   I always take the time to grab the demo 6i of the MP64's in the practice bay and hit one shot. 205, 'barely' off center.   I really like these clubs.....  a lot   but also pretty certain the machine toggle was set to "sell" mode, rather than "reality" mode. regardless, it was a really pure contact.
That's a good read.  Thanks.   I'm way up around 7 or 8, but this year dropped significantly from like a 12.  Yet I find a lot of things in your post that resonate with me.  It's weird how stories all have such common elements.  Even when the levels are so significantly different (I know that 1 or 2 is several orders different than a 7 or 8).   weird game, golf.     "I know it's golf and an 82 is right around the corner!"  Classic, and I WISH I didn't know what you...
I hope he wins one soon.
 TP - I get the idea that you are reading these graphs as a position vs time rather than speed vs time.  And the position component you are suggesting is in the wrong plane.... the graphs are head speed vs time, there's no angle or direction component to them.  So simplify your analysis by looking at it this way:(this'll kill Erik, but if you need to read it as a visual position reference, then I suggest you pretend that it's club path visualized looking horizontally from...
 this is a very interesting thread and I like the points and graphs Erik uses I've been convinced that when most people are offering the "accelerate through the putt" advice, that what they are really observing is people that stab at the ball (decelerated on purpose rather than as a natural part of the last half of the pendulum).  In essence recommending an over correction to the observed issue. I'm finding I have better control of my line and distance that one thing was...
83 at Veenker Memorial in Ames IA   I haven't played this course in over 20 years.  Still a very nice course with a lot of 'tactical' holes that require a bit of thought.  Only one birdie and that was a chip in.  This tennis elbow thing is really taking its toll on me.  Whether it's due to the injury, or just that I'm not going to the range any more, it's getting harder to keep the swing under control - more mishits, and I'm not controlling my face angle as well.  4 par...