or Connect

Posts by rehmwa

are you a vet?   We played Ft. Belvoir and Andrews AFB both were fun and inexpensive of course       There is some really beautiful areas outside the area, I'm sure one doesn't have to go far at all in any direction to find dozens of really great courses.
 a couple weeks?  seriously? and then a comment later about 'oiling' the clubs? edit:  ok this was 6 years ago..... after my range finder, my ball retriever is the next best item in the kit - I found it on the course (handle only with a kinked broken blank end).  I kept it and in the bar, there was the cup, just sitting there.  They let me take it, I took both home, cut both butt ends flush and clean up the the ends, put a press fit dowel in the tubes and fit the cup back...
Seriously, 14 and 15 in that first challenge.  that was quite a feat.  That one likely took forever to shoot too.  I wonder if they had a fairly consistent weather period during that one.  It looks soggy on the course for some reason.  They are really chewing up the turf. Kyle's meltdown wasn't really that surprising to me.  Good luck to him, regardless. Clay may surprise us, the elimination was a nice change to see three confident holes played with a couple really solid...
 I'm a bigger fan of that.  You start with the maximum number of points and then every miss they remove those points and lost points downstream in the later rounds if that applies.  Winner has the highest at the end.   tangent here:  the online one I use (just because the bracketing interface is very tidy) has scoring 1 point per game in the first round, 2 in the 2nd, 4 in the 3rd, then 8, then 16, then 32 that's WAY too slanted to just rewarding survival - I like a point...
2H on a wide open line 235 to the hole. Just off the green on the right near corner. (Up and down for the birdie)   that was Saturday (local) - and this morning I was shoveling about a foot of snow off the driveway.....
I did two bracketts.  One for my family, It's the 'what I'd like to see happen' - I bid ISU to win it all.  The Big 12 to do well.  Northern Iowa to do well.  Iowa to lose immediately.  My Midwest region is perfect so far.  EVERYTHING else is trashed.  My Final 4 is half gone.       I did a 'real' brackett where I tried to guess better.  All things considered, I'm doing ok in that one.  It's pretty amazing to look at the bracketts of the leaders in the open group on...
85 - 39/46 Yesterday.     Barely above freezing.  But first official round of the year here near home. Really happy with the way I finished the first 9 - 4 pars and an easy birdie on 9 3 doubles on the back, including 1 penalty   Played the par 5's well, missed another easy birdie chance to up and down on the back 9 too.   Kept leaving my approaches and chips short, and half my putts.  I'll chalk some of that up to new irons and the cold temps. If my chipping was...
 Rory seems to be feeling his approach shots pretty nice.  I've just been watching a bit so far.  Glad to see he found his swing back.
 This is what I did with my last set.  It helped my iron game a TON. My new irons I didn't buy the 4i, but I'd like to have it just for this purpose.  Once the model gets a bit older, I'm looking for a used one.
I like the Badgers this year.  Fun team to watch.  I've pretty much given up the right to mock the Big 10 though.  ...... for now  (but if I did, I'd note you have two good teams and the rest are cannon fodder.....but I won't do that.....I have class)