or Connect

Posts by rehmwa

Just started this one.    pretty girls   most of these people are real a-holes it seems
OK - I admit it.  It's all my fault.   These guys are not lying on purpose.  It's me.   When a co-player hits a shot only 200 or 200 or so, I yell in delight and tell them it went 280.......they are so much more cheerful to play with that way       mea culpa
Tried a drill I like:  (Chipping drill, not pitching - sorry, it's a pitching thread).  Worth doing - highly recommend it for those that feel confident they can land on their target.   Took my 4 wedges and threw a ring on a relatively flat green (near side to me) - 10 yards. Then I chipped to that ring with each of my wedges.  Discarding any shots that missed the 'target' by anything stupid bad.  trying to not change anything with shaft lean of face alignment, just...
I can work out at home or at the gym at work..   Joining a golfing setup (range, chipping, putting, lessons, trackman) is the draw for me and I've joined a local indoor place here.  It was a bonus to have some workout equipment there, but I don't see a lot of usage at all there by anybody.  Adding gym equipment was not a part of the decision at all.  They'd have done better to put some nice furniture by the bigscreens for watching big golf events.  (However, a lot of...
I like my Winn fat grip.  I'd get a Superstroke if it would fit in the bag.
Finally - first round of the year.   84 on a par 71.  Good enough to start the season.  Really learned a lot about chipping over the winter and made a lot of those 6-8 foot putts (because I kept leaving stuff short - the indoor green if FAST, the real thing, not so much).   Not a great score, but much of the play showed signs of a really good year to come.
Ten point separation between father and son.
Still loving the commentary.  Figured out a couple things:   (random name put in) "This puts (Janet) in a lot of pressure" and  "(Janet) can really put the pressure on (Ellen)" simply means "Hey look, it's Janet's turn to hit"   and   "I needed to make this shot" simply means "If i miss this shot, I have to hit again and that will add another stroke which might or might not be less than the strokes the other person hits"   and   "I really want to...
In a tournament?  play strictly by the rules   Posting for handicap?  play strictly by the rules   Playing for fun but there might be bets with friends?  get group concurrence to do whatever you like and score however you like - or tell them after the fact if you all play that way anyway - mock the jerkwad in the group that only wants people to follow the rules when it benefits him   Dinking around and having fun?  get off the fringe and count it any way you like. ...
 spot on.  (Double take......Erik nailed it, take a fit woman (already a good thing and rare enough in this game) and put here in a nice athletic outfit and she already up two points - I'd hesitate to say 'golf' outfits are nice, but tennis ones are pretty decent.  The 'fit' part is what does it) This episode, they seemed to have lost their regular makeup tech for the interviews and accidentally employed a clown to do the job. However, it seems they are taking the cutest...