or Connect

Posts by rehmwa

I have the same problem where my round falls apart if we go slower or faster than my ideal pace - also, if we go at my ideal pace, my round falls apart.......
 is that what the kids are calling it nowadays?
Sunday the Group in front of me was very slow all day and I really liked taking the slow pace as no one was behind me and I enjoyed my day.  So I played slow too, looking for balls, practicing chips and putts, and pretty much not even coming near these guys.  I'm really enjoying the day.  I could have speeded up and asked to pass, but no need.   Last hole - I'm on a long par 5 (600 yards) and hit a great drive.  I have a 3w line, but it'll still be short of the green by...
Actually, they seem to be very consistent shot hitters - especially considering the running.  So the 'golf' aspect is pretty good.  We saw 6 pars on a hole with a blind tee shot and approach over the top of obstacles.  I don't think any Big Break showed that skill in 6 people simultaneously.   and the course really does look pretty nice.   it's just........   it's just a REALLY horrible and boring show.  And I don't think it's something that can be developed beyond...
Four rounds since my last - seems that previous one was a breakthrough round for this year.  I have three of them here. The back 9 at White Eagle was magic.  Never hit like that ---- ever.  Started on the back 9 and just played alone and behind a slow group and no one behind me.  I just took my time,  enjoyed the scenery (this is one of my favorite local courses) looked for stray golf balls while waiting on the other group and really focused.  all 9 fairways hit, all...
"Canadian" Open?    In Canadia, I hope they just call it "The Open"       (Yes, I did two things there)
 absolutely - for slow 4-somes - catch up or skip ahead to close the gapfor singles, 2-somes, and 3-some - try to combine into a 4 some to reduce the number of total groups on the course
 7 pages and finally this bit of obvious wisdom is put in play thanks  (I like the idea of letting someone through, or them letting me through by just playing the same hole and the faster player moves forward faster - I do this a lot.  I also always first offer to combine groups - at least when it busy.) I hate to pile on, but I think the two some did nothing wrong until that last shot - and they were apologetic.  It looks like they had to have been pacing to this slower...
 You missed his smiley face in the comment........ I think when someone pulls one item, it's just for discussion to emphasize how close it was......  One can claim a single stroke anywhere.....(example - hitting that last approach shot a couple yards more left might have left a really easy birdie putt..... but for one of the best putters this year - a 4 putt and (6 or 8) 3-putts - that's a good observation in general. let alone so many very close opportunities for one...
This might be a tangent - but I could be happy never seeing Zach's caddie doing the birdie dance.   Just the dance.  I like seeing Zach get birdies - without a dance.