or Connect

Posts by rehmwa

because I think these hats are kind of nifty, but will only admit it on a golf forum     OH.....and because I know of at least 30 different Bloody Mary recipes and have them identified by the golf course that serves them
that's subjective, just opinion - considers Bubba's approach shot at the Masters previously.  Likely more impact and more important than any putt.  I'll concede the last putt on hole 18 is big as it indicates the final score.  But that's just for score tallying.  Some putt on hole 12 mid way through the day?  meh IMHO.  whatever shot SET UP that birdie (including a beautiful long putt, or the great drive, or that precise approach shot) - that's the one I want to see.  Some...
Silly conversation guys -   Every shot counts as one each - drives, layups, approaches, putts, chips, pitches - Even the shots that go in the hole count as just one more.     (I guess an argument can be made that shots that generate additional penalty strokes count more than regular shots.....but I consider those one shot also, and the penalties as added on....  Thus an OB drive is 1 shot, and one added point, rather than OB being 2 shots net....silly semantics)
this  ^
Usually in the soft pocket of my bag with my keys and wallet.  It's nearly impossible to hear, and I usually ride, so even harder to.  I don't answer hardly ever and silent it if I think about it.   I like my pants pockets empty when playing (even if denim, or cargo shorts).  Usually just a spare ball, tees and marker.  The repair tool is clipped to my pocket or hat.   I used to leave wallet and phone in the car, but it's not a good idea.  You need the wallet to buy...
Hell, I've even worn denim late and early in the season when it's been cold silly me - I thought a non-golfer would be someone that doesn't "play golf" this entire thread is insulting and just ANOTHER childish "pet peeve" thread  - too bad, I think Buckeyenut started it to see if people could come with wry and funny contributions
My favorites are always approach shots for some reason:   par 5, 557 yards, wind is strong and quartering from behind and right (that drive just kept going and going), 2nd shot - about 250 yards, water all along the left.  pin in center of green with a real friendly setup - on the lower tier with the upper tier behind - so I have kind of a backstop to play with   Plan was an easy draw with a 5 wood (rented Coverts - I really like these woods and hybrids).  Try to land...
I have 3 answers - 2, 5, or 14 depending on the intent of the question:     mostly - 2 clubs - ----------9i for chipping, SW for pitching - caviat below   5 clubs (I chip with my 9i mostly, but other clubs can be warranted for other chip results.  I pitch with my SW (56/12), but other clubs also warranted depending on the shot).  I tend to train on chipping with 9I through LW - I have a really firm idea of roll distance as a function of carry for each club, and...
I thought the same thing.  But it's easier to puke all over them rather than appreciate their abilities  Yeah - we did comment on that a bit.  Justin had the monopoly of that particular personality quirk and it got old pretty quick.  Though on one green they had the same putt (line) - and it broke opposite for each guy (it broke for Justin, stayed straight for Richie - they missed on either side.
1 - shot tracer - like it a lot --- (ditto when they show the putting line graphic - much more than some announcer stating his impression of the line) 2 - swing technique commentary - don't like it one bit - and they say some dumb stuff sometimes anyway 3 - microphones pointed at the players and caddies - like it a lot 4 - too much putting - agree - especially if they start using shot tracer a lot more   I like the graphics of how the Euro tour shows a hole and shot...