or Connect

Posts by MonarchGolf2010

There were only ever 175 cards before.  25 from Q school, 25 web.com, 125 PGA tour.  Now they come from 125 PGA Tour, 25 web.com, 25 from playoffs, which consist of 126-200 on PGA tour and 26-75 on web.com.  (maybe 26-50)   There are many players with conditional status as past champions, or whatever it may be.  Also, PGA Tour winners receive 2 year exemptions.   
I'm only speaking from experience.  It is difficult to get to the corners of these Ross greens from any position, whether it be wedge or not.  Having played Oak Hill East in tournament conditions (albeit not major championship conditions), I believe that whoever can make putts from the centers of greens will win the championship.  Drivers are NOT necessary around this place.  out of 14 holes, I hit 3 hybrids off of tees and 3 woods, 8 drivers. That very well could be 4...
Oak Hill is a course that Tiger can win on with his iron play alone.  Think back to Hoy Lake.  The scores will be such that he won't need to make many birdies to stay in contention.  Pars will serve players well.  As for those that say you need to hit driver at Oak Hill, you don't.  The holes that seem like driver holes such as 7, 9, 17, 18, although striping one 320 will set the hole up nicely, the difference between hitting a 6 iron and 4 iron into a green is not...
I also think that impact position looks pretty solid, especially when you get that left wrist flat.  Here's a video as to why it is important.         One other thing to mention.  As I said, I think your impact looks great, but your head seems too forward.  I think this problem can be addressed simply by moving the ball forward in your stance some.  Here is another video.  
Little bit more forgiving, same ball speed for me.  But, my switch from D3 to D2 decreased dispersion by ALOT!   But, that's just me.  If not properly fit, you may see a great increase in ball speed from 910 to 913.    Oh, and I was using a 1/2" short 913, and still getting same ballspeed.
I hit probably 150 balls.  The whole process took 3 hours, maybe 3.5. 
Last Friday I went to Titleist's fitting facility in Acushnet, MA. I went to get fit for a whole new set basically.  With the 913 driver coming out, I wanted to be sure I had one that was optimized for me.  I also wanted to check the rest of my clubs.  I had trouble controlling distance and getting shots to stop on the green this year.  My results were eye opening to me. The entrance to the test facility, guard tower and the entrance lane.  Got me all...
If you're hitting everything too high, it is more than likely a swing issue.  It is extremely difficult to add 6* of loft to a driver, no matter the shaft.  I suspect you're a scooper and need to learn to compress the ball more.  You can confirm this suspicion by seeing an instructor with a trackman, and posting your numbers.  I would be interested to see your angle of attack with the driver, and with your other clubs.    A driver could be fit to you to give you a...
Reading a few posts in a few different threads got me thinking.  I have seen some pretty interesting quirks over my years playing golf.  Some that come to mind are eating grass, saucer chipping, cross-handed chipping, hitching the pants, or having happy feet before a shot.   What are some quirks that you may have, or that one of your playing partners have? And, why do you have this quirk?   I'll start with some of mine.  I go through a few gyrations that seem as...
James does some pretty quirky stuff, but he is extremely skilled.  He can pitch and chip very well conventionally, from rough or into the grain, or if the chip is too long.  He said he switched to the saucer when he started getting a little yippy on the straightforward shots.  But, this saucer pass is testament to his natural feel.  He plays completely by feel, no technical swing thoughts, or position thinking.  He told me many times that if something felt right, he...