or Connect

Posts by rogolf

I respectfully disagree, and offer that the problem is lack of education on the proper etiquette of the game.  "Enforcement" is the responsibility of every player in the group.
Which Rules are we NOT using during today's round?  I need to know so that I can take the appropriate liberties.
Yes, I understand that, but assumed from the post that I was answering it was not in place (given that it is not very common).And a further correction to another post above, the player can play a provisional ball from the drop zone for a ball that may be lost outside the hazard, but it would be a breach of the Rules as it's played from a wrong place.
He may only play a provisional for a ball which may be lost outside a water hazard; he may not play a provisional for a ball that may be in a water hazard.  Of course, this is a bit of semantics because a ball that may be in a water hazard also may be lost outside the water hazard.The water hazard Rule (26-1) does not use the word "lost", instead it uses "not found" - they are not the same.
Further, the Rules do permit implementation of a local Rule for a ball played provisionally under Rule 26-1 under certain conditions- it's impracticable to determine whether the ball is in the hazard or to do so would unduly delay play, AND- if the original ball is not found, it is known or virtually certain that it is in the water hazard. The ball played provisionally may be played under any of the options of Rule 26-1 or any applicable local Rule (drop zone).  If a ball...
Imo, a notice is not required.  Such actions are not showing respect for the golf course.  Pull/push carts should never be on tee boxes, fringes or putting greens.  If you show that much disrespect for the course, the course gods will get even with you through bad bounces, plugged lies in bunkers etc. 
 Yes, they probably do, but they need to be pulled or pushed by somebody, and the cumulative impact of that somebody plus the cart is greater than just the somebody.
I'm going to take the opposite view.  Since the player did not announce which ball he wanted to score, the first ball played must count.  It was played according to the Rules, as it lies, and the player incurs a two stroke penalty for the general breach of Rule 18-2a.
As noted previously, Rule 16-1a gives many instances where you are permitted to touch the line of putt, - in removing loose impediments - addressing the ball in front of the ball - measuring - lifting or replacing a ball - pressing down a ball marker - in repairing old hole plugs and ball marks on the putting green - removing movable obstructions   Rule 16-1c says that the player may repair ball marks on the putting green whether or not his ball lies on the...
Yes, it is a line of play.  However, the Rules permit repair of ball marks that are on the green at any time, and this includes those ball marks on the line of play or line of putt.  The permission to repair damage to the putting green is clearly stated in Rule 13-2, and 13-2 refers to Rule 16-1.