or Connect

Posts by rogolf

There is an anomaly in your response.  While the USGA is the governing body which establishes the Rules of golf (along with the R&A), they do not regulate the PGA Tour.  The Tour plays by the Rules of golf (as established by the USGA and R&A) and are responsible for enforcing the rules (including the one ball condition) on the Tour.  I sincerely doubt that what you have posted is actually true - it does not satisfy the one ball condition implemented by the Tour.
Read Decision 33-6/3 above.
No, his withdrawing from the playoff does not affect the results for the event, other than he won't be the winner.  In a two person playoff, the person who withdraws from the playoff would finish second in the event itself.
The above was posted based on observation of a playoff between Jim Furyk and Brian Davis (when his backswing  touched a loose impediment in a lateral water hazard beside the green).  The head Rules official still had Furyk complete the hole.However, I've just been reminded of Decision 33-6/3 (below) which suggests a player can withdraw or concede defeat - not quite the same as conceding strokes.33-6/3Determining Winner and Positions in Stroke-Play Play-OffIf there is a...
There are no concessions in stroke play.  The other player (who going to win) still has to hole out to finalize the playoff.
I would call that step 0, before 1.  He must announce that he is going to play two balls and which ball he wishes to score with, before taking further action.
Someone referenced it earlier - the stance must be taken in the least intrusive manner.  "Backing in" usually does not meet that standard.  You could place one foot in place for the stance and then place the other foot by stepping around and above many of the branches.  Sometimes an unplayable is a far more certain way of getting out without risk, including risk of penalty.
Ok, make one and submit it to the USGA for approval, as per the preamble to Rule 4.  I wouldn't bet on a positive outcome.
I rest my case.  Good night.
It's unfortunate that you're not willing to accept an opinion that differs from your own.  Instead you choose to rip those posts that offer different views.  Such behaviour will obviously inhibit others from posting. Back to the topic at hand with an update - Decision 10-2c/2 was in effect prior to the ruling that Wendy obtained in 2000.  Are you suggesting that the USGA was unaware of this Decision when Wendy obtained the ruling, or are you just going to be...