or Connect

Posts by rogolf

Ok, make one and submit it to the USGA for approval, as per the preamble to Rule 4.  I wouldn't bet on a positive outcome.
I rest my case.  Good night.
It's unfortunate that you're not willing to accept an opinion that differs from your own.  Instead you choose to rip those posts that offer different views.  Such behaviour will obviously inhibit others from posting. Back to the topic at hand with an update - Decision 10-2c/2 was in effect prior to the ruling that Wendy obtained in 2000.  Are you suggesting that the USGA was unaware of this Decision when Wendy obtained the ruling, or are you just going to be...
Incredible!  Such censoring!
Guess I'm not quite finished, need to correct one thing - I would have no gripe at you in the situation you've described.  My point was regarding the "honour", which only exists on the teeing ground.
If we choose to do it on occasion for some odd and justified reason, other than giving anyone an advantage, that could be fine.   This has been taken out of context.  The context intended was pertaining to the specific incident of playing out of turn for some odd and justified reason (saving time, retrieving a club, washroom break) could be fine, ie, might not be a breach of the specific Rule.  The wording was purposely chosen since "circumstances alter cases" and the...
It's apparent that you will choose to do what you want to do.  Just don't suggest that we agree, before we begin, to play out of turn unilaterally.  I believe that such an agreement is a breach of 1-3.  If we choose to do it on occasion for some odd and justified reason, other than giving anyone an advantage, that could be fine.  However, if I have the honour and you try to play before me, don't get offended when I object.  "Ready golf" is not the salvation for slow play...
It may seem like semantics, but do so at your own peril.  No response required.
I'm siding with Wendy on this issue - there is a difference between agreeing (beforehand) to waive the operation of a Rule of golf and doing so incidentally, even purposefully, during a round.  It may be a subtle difference, but it is a difference nonetheless.  I also agree with her view that players should "play when ready" providing, of course, that it doesn't interfere with the person that is away.  And I'm all for improving the pace of play, but "ready golf" isn't the...
Aye, welcome Wendy, and perhaps back on track!