or Connect

Posts by Cyberbob

Not dumb at all, IMO.  Marketing would lead us to believe tight lies require low bounce.  But as you seemed to have experienced, there isn't much you can't do with your "high" bounce wedges.  I bought into that marketing too, and I think it has a lot to do with your technique.  Take me for example.  I could have the lowest bounce wedge in the world, but the way I was going at the ball, a nice crisp high ball was hard to hit.     I think the low bounce allows for a...
I've been meaning to get some new wedges.  I'd say short game is a relative strength for me.  A long time ago, I read the Stan Utley book, and tried his technique.  Whether it was his ineptitude at articulating his method or my own lack at understanding it, it didn't work.  I had been doing 'bump and run' type shots, and doing all kinds of funky things to get the ball to do what I wanted.  Now, I've revisited his method, seem to have a better understanding of it, and...
I tried the contour casuals a few times, and ended up going with the Ecco Streets.  Just more comfortable and natural feeling.  The FJ's felt like they had a soft, mushy pillow on top of a rock bed; the pillow wasn't much comfort after a few steps.
Good to hear some negative feedback too.  It's not all roses and sunshine, no matter what product.   Setter, your experiences seem to be in line with what I've read about spinner (rifle or DG) shafts.  Good feel for less than full shots, but take a full swing, and you're basically playing a shaft that's way too soft for you, so it just goes straight up and is very inconsistent in regards to traj and distance.   $180 per wedge is pretty expensive IMO, and it...