or Connect

Posts by billchao

This, exactly. I mean, you want to have a little knowledge and understanding, but there's a reason they're experts and I'm not. I'm certainly not going to make a decision about my children's health based on something I read on the internet if my doctor is against it.
Our pediatrician actually has a printed news article on display in every one of her examination rooms that shows what a ridiculous fraud this guy is. Still, people believe vaccinations can cause autism. I don't think they're ever going to be able to un-ring that bell.My rule of thumb is this: getting the disease is worse than the side effects of the vaccine. That, and given that less people are vaccinating, my kids will be protected on the off chance that one of the...
Yea, you know what? You're right, it is advantageous. I'm just saying it's not a panacea, that's all. Sorry for jacking your thread. As I understand it, speed comes from (besides technique) fast twitch muscles. The best way to train them is to do exercises quickly and explosively. I'm thinking plyometrics, since a lot of those exercises are designed to train the legs and core. Resistance bands are also good and you can use them in conjunction with more golf...
Well this is the fitness and exercise forum...
I'll accept that, but the subject ot the thread (which I've had a hand in derailing, sorry) is to swing 5mph faster. I just think that most people would gain more from learning to swing more efficiently than to develop an exercise routine simply to swing faster.Sorry I was just referring to the driver (specifically, making a comparison of your drive to a longer one). I'm not saying anyone would turn down extra yards, I'm just saying that increasing one's swing speed...
Sure it can. Next time you mishit a drive, go to where you ball lies. Now walk down the line your ball was taking about 30-40 yards and drop a ball. Keep a running tally of how many shots you would have to declare unplayable and take the stroke and distance penalty.The other thing I can think of (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is that a faster swing imparts more energy to the ball, which leads to more spin. A mishit with a faster swing will hook or slice more than the...
I give no credence into Golf Digest's ratings of anything, but feel free to try the balls out for yourself. Like @MS256, I also pick my ball based on its attributes around the green. You have to try a few different kinds tobget a feel for what works best for your game.
Welcome! Unfortunately, you can't edit your signature quite yet. This thread will explain:
Thanks for sharing. That backs up what I'm trying to say: improve the mechanics and the speed and distance will follow, not the other way around.
Ok that's what I thought you meant. But that's ten yards, not 5 mph as the subject of the thread, right? As in you wouldn't tell a single digit player to learn to swing faster to improve his game?