or Connect

Posts by gavind

I'm certainly no expert here, but if you are used to the stiffer shaft and switch to regular, you will have some adjusting to make. I have the G15 driver and 3wood with 20 and 23 hybrids, all with regular shafts. I upgraded from Rapture woods but kept the Rapture irons. Stiff graphite shafts. I also have a set of older i3's with reg shafts that I play with often.. I find that I must adjust my swing when shifting to reg from stiff, or else my ball goes right and high. I'm...
While both shafts are excellent choices, I'd go with the VS Proto in Reg. I have one in my Ping Rapture driver and love it. Swing it slow and smoothly and the ball will explode! Not much difference between 65 or 70. Sorta wish I had one in my G15.....
I have been using a G15 driver for about a year now. It is 10.5 loft with a G20 Tour Reg shaft that the guy I bought it off of had put in. My swing speed is the same as yours and I can hit about 220 with the driver. I had heard that the Ping G15 was a "high hitter" before I got mine, and I thought the G20 shaft would bring it down a bit. I have compared it to another G15 with stock reg shaft and I would say my drive is a bit lower. All in all, I like the trajectory. I...
I've been playing Ping G15 with 20 and 23 degree hybrids lately. This winter I developed a bad pull/draw with my shorter irons and hybrids so I decided to use my old Callaway S2H2's for a while. The set includes 3, 5, 7, 9 woods(Big Bertha Warbirds). I like the ball flight of the 9wood compared to the Hybrids, as mentioned, the soft landing it produces.  I play "Geezer Golf"(70 yrs young) so I'd be  one to recommend to the older golfers to try one. I use the 9 in place...
I switched to yellow Srixon balls last season. I lose track of white balls on overcast days in that grey sky. Also, in the winter when the grass turns light color, a white ball is hard for me to see. This season, I switched to the Wilson "nuclear orange" smart core ball. Boy, you can spot those a mile away!  Never a problem as to the ID of whose ball. Just don't stare at the ball too long or handle it for prolonged periods of time.
I recently acquired a Ping G15 driver from a fellow golfer. It is 10.5 loft with reg shaft. The shaft is a tfc 169 Tour Reg, not a 149 that is standard with G15's.I asked him where he got it and has it been re-shafted. He got it from a pro-shop and didn't know about re-shaft. Anyway, I took it as he gave me a really good deal on it. Took it out to the range and was really surprised. It doesn't know anything except straight down fairway and long. I had read reviews of...