or Connect

Posts by westpenncyclist

In my experience, the reason it's so difficult to make any swing change is because it's difficult to feel it when just "swinging" (especially at full speed) as opposed to half speed swings which really aren't swings at all, just manipulations. One of the most effective ways I've found to feel the position of the club, the body, and their positions relative to each other, is to use something with more weight. And the best training aid I've found for that purpose is a...
Slazenger 508 BeCu. Tried countless others, but I keep going back to the Slazzy
The vids of my Hogan swing project are in the dustbin of history, in part because they were recorded on VHS.   Speaking of a video analysis of Hogan's swing, I thought you might be interested in this, if you haven't already seen it:   http://www.somaxsports.com/video.php?analysis=ben-hogan-golf-swing-analysis   The site also has in depth video crtiques of Rory, Tiger, Phil, Dustin, and others, using the same methodology. The "squating" move I mentioned seems...
    First, as someone who once attempted the same project you are now, I want to applaud your effort and progress. I never quite was able to fully emulate Hogan, but learning to execute his fundamentals made me the ball striker I had always aimed to be; evolving from a hitter who tried to muscle to ball toward the target, to some a swinger who now allows the shaft to do the work. Hogan taught me to merely put the shaft in the correct position on the correct plane and...
It also seems the position on the left will require an early release to get the club face square at impact. 
  I totally concur. And when you just get that feeling, you just gotta get up and groove it. And since I'm not trying to hit a target beyond my comfortable range, I can focus on rhythm, tempo, and maintaining a soft grip.   More importantly, when you get fatigued, you can just put down the clubs and come back later. Nothing in golf is worse than taking fatigued swings. When you get fatigued, your grip gets tight. And when you're grip get too tight, you are more prone to...
I admire and applaud your courage to undertake this project. It's no small thing to abandon something with which you've come so familiar and chart a different course. I know because similarly, I rebuilt my swing last winter (also in the comfort and convenience of a cold, unfinished space). In the course of hitting the first few hundred balls off a range mat, I developed severe acute medial- and lateral epicondylitis (tendonitis) in my right arm. In fact, the whole reason...
  I reject that idea that this election was a referendum on the challenger or the ideas of the minority party. In fact, when an incumbent is on the ballot, history rejects that idea. 
Country club Republicans? Or actual politician Republicans? :)