or Connect

Posts by golfdesperado

Exactly, amen, you hit the nail on the hammer, +1 I am learning to do that every time. However, it is not always easy to do for some reason. I always feel rushed. Especially on the first few holes. And when the smoke has cleared my scores are already so bad no chance in printing a decent (for me) score anymore. But last round I promised to take more time, forget all bad shots, concentrate on the shot ahead and keep laughing at your own wicked swing which defies any swing...
1. I desperately want to break 100 and feel I accomplished something. 2. Being able to hit the driver without a bananarama slice into where no man has ever been before or wants to be, looking for his golf ball.
@UncleJim : I try two putters to see what works best for me. Longridge Alpha ii and Wilson Pro Staf HMI II. The both have some sort of insert. I always grip the putters at the bottom the handle. This way it feels i have more feeling/control. But when I grip it higher the ball distance increases but loses direction more easily. See here my putting (You are allowed to laugh at me): http://golfdesperado.com/?p=406   I am practising a lot on the practice green and i go...
How long does your Irons stay good and how often should they be replaced when your are not a good player, yet. As a beginning golf desperado i think i am abusing the golf irons, woods, hybrids, driver probably a lot by hitting it into the ground at the wrong angles in front off the ball (Where else as a beginner). This surely creates a lot of forces on the clubs it is not intended for to withstand. Are the clubs being affected by it and are you as a beginner suddenly...
Putting to short almost all the time and if not it is too long. It is if I am afraid that I putt too long and make it swing shorter/slower then i have to do and it will be always too short. Outside the 5 foot range i am talking. Within it is most of the time good. I must admit my putting is still work in progress. But when I putt, the ball rolls general straight now just too short. And when I say to myself don't putt to short give it more swing it runs past the hole at...
It seems when your are fitted you hit better and more consistent. But as beginner your swing is not consistent and erratic so the fitting does not make sense to begin with.  But maybe more important to begin with is to find a swing that fits you before any club fitting. As a desperate beginner trying to hit the ball myself i am still finding the right swing methodology and consistency that hopefully comes with it. Until this is not found i refrain from any club fitting...
Is a chipping iron legal to use on the PGA tour? Is it legal to use during club tournaments?
I know this is Old thread. Just read it and it is an eye opener for me that a lot of other people have trouble hitting the 5 well and constant even the PGA Pro's. I am at the driving range start hitting balls with sw , p, 9, 8, then the 7 still hitting them well. Then i take out my 6 and start to be a bit insecure but still struck it reasonable well. Then I take out my 5 and start praying that i hit it it well and of course i don't. Up to the 6 iron i feel i have a...
I am so happy I found this thread. I don't feel alone any more with my 24/7 OTAGATTANES (Obsessively Thinking About Golf All The Time And Nothing Else Syndrome)
Give it a break for a week like El Shanko says. But also during that week do not watch golf on youtube. Watch some other tubes but not about golf.