or Connect

Posts by shanksalot

I play so often that I rarely go into a prolonged slump. When I have a few rounds that are above normal or I am striking the ball poorly. I sit down and and try to understand what I am doing to cause this problem or problems. Where are my misses, left, right, poor contact etc. I then go out on my patio and stand in front of the sliding glass doors so I can see myself in them. With a golf club I take my stance and look at myself to see how I am setting up. I do this from...
I never think about what I am going to score. When I go out I have the same mind set. Put the ball in play, keep it in the short stuff and try to keep the big numbers off the score card. 
A golf course is a golf course is a golf course. Well no it isn't. There are country clubs, high end golf courses that are close to a private course, there are plenty of courses that have dress codes and there are muni courses that more than likely have no dress code. Then there are the little nine holes in small areas usually out in the boondocks that have the average joe who busts his butt just to make a living supporting his family. These courses are not going to have...
I don't understand the problem. If there is no dress code why should someone be considered trash for what they are wearing. If there is a dress code and they  don't abide by it they don't play. Just because you don't like what someone wears is your problem not theirs. I personally don't care for someone coming to the golf course in a tank top and ragged jeans shorts, but if there is no dress code, again what is the problem. If you don't like it try to get the dress code...
37-39 76 with a double bogey on the front 9. Going very well on the back until 13 and started to lose ita bit. Three straight bogies then finished with three straight pars. Today was may first day using the Super Stroke 3.0 on my putter. Did good for me on several putts inside 10 feet that I usually have been missing. Only really had one bad putt all day and that was a very nice feeling. 
 Growing up the coaches all wore pants, the golf courses were mostly private and no one probably wore anything but slacks. I still think of myself as much younger than my 71 years of age. I think most older people don't really feel the age they actually are at the time. The body ages but the mind stays young. I sometimes look in the mirror and wonder who that old fart is looking back at me. My wife and I have been together 31 years next month. I was looking through some...
I switched to a 13.5* driver @ 42.5" from a 12* @ 45" with great results. I hit the ball almost as far and have far better control and confidence with the 13.5 driver. I did this initially for tight par 4's but the results were so good I took my 12* out of the bag. Been doing this for about two months now and it still working well. 
When I turned 65 I started wearing slacks all the time and still do.  I play early morning in the summer and it is generally cool until somewhere on the back nine. It just does not seem right for someone in the late 60's or older to be wearing shorts. Growing up older people did not wear shorts so that is probably where I get this feeling.
I would buy the club that could help me the most.Take a look at how your driver is treating you and then your putter. Which one is the weakest link in your arsenal? To me the putter is the most important club in the bag since it is the most used club for most everyone. The driver you only hit probably 12-14 times a round or less. The putter more than likely 30 or more times a round. If you are hitting fairways but having too many putts get a new putter, but get fitted for...
Just put a slim lite 3.0 on my putter and am going to try it out in two days. Looking forward to using it hoping it helps me as my putting has slowly become the worst part of my game. Looking at my stats I average almost 33 putts a round. I hit almost 2/3 of my greens so I get a lot of two putts but I miss a lot of putts inside 4-10 feet. Thought this might help me roll more into the cup inside that 10 foot length.