or Connect

Posts by shanksalot

Slow play= the group in front of you does not keep up with the foursome in front of them. Or any round over four hours. 
 Many of today's balls are very soft and when you play a "normal" ball it feels harder. My experience with the  Pro V1 is that it is not hard. When I play the soft golf balls most feel like marshmallows though. 
 Don't know if this counts, but when I was ten years old our next door neighbor was going out for a quick nine late in the day at his country club and brought his son and me along. On the second hole he leaves us there and says practice around the green while I go play some more. Not sure where he went or what he was doing but we went ahead and played around the green. I had never touched a club in my life. Threw a ball in the bunker and proceeded to hole out. Never played...
 Practice does not make it permanent if it did many guys on tour would never miss a shot. How many times have you seen a pro come down the back nine on Sunday near or in the lead fall apart. If it was permanent they would not do this. The brain does not always allow you to repeat what you know or thought you had ingrained by repetitive practice.
 I have been playing for over 50 years. I was never a good driver of the ball. Back in the 90's when Callaway came out with the Big Bertha War Bird series the larger head helped me hit my drives much better. When the heads kept getting larger the faces were also getting longer and higher which again helped me hit drives straighter and longer. I love the larger heads they may have more drag because of the size, but the larger face makes it so much easier to hit the ball in...
 The problem is I would not remember that either. My mind just goes blank. It is like reading a book. I had to learn all over again about how to pronounce words so I could read and understand what I was reading. I still have to think how to spell a word that is longer than a few letters. For months I could look at a word and not know what it was, what it meant and how to pronounce it. Golf is the same way. Both have gotten better over the years but I still have some...
 You are correct what you are doing with constant practice is programming your brain to send those impulses to the body to initiate the swing. If you practice the wrong things you will continue to make bad shots no matter what you do, but if you have a basically good swing it will be ingrained in your brain.So practice will help give you a repeatable swing but in order to play well under pressure you also need to play under pressure to allow your mind to repeat good...
 During my 50's and early 60's I played 3-6 times a week and hit balls every day at the range or my house where I had enough room to hit up to a fairway wood. I dropped my handicap down to 5-8 OGA until I had a small stroke that got rid of all that work. I had to start all over again with my swing. But due to the problem from the stroke I could not retain my swing from day to day. At times during a round I could not take the club back because I was just dumbfounded about...
 I think most range balls are not the same as those balls we use on the course. In upscale courses they may be good balls, but at courses like a muni the balls are usually hard like the old Top Flites. Many of today's balls are more soft than range balls. The yellow balls can be just as soft as the white ones in my estimation. I play both and often can't tell the difference. If you go to different brands of white balls one can be harder or softer than another it is the...
I spend almost all my time on my short game which of course includes putting. I spend most of my time on the putting green since it is the weakest part of my game.