or Connect

Posts by Dirty birdie

On a 190 yard par 3. Stone cold topping the tee shot, barely over the ladies tee. A second shot 9-iron from 150 yards, and that one was way too long, but spinned a lot back (and downhill) and went in. Never deserved that one, but I'll take it
Hi there folks,   My name is Pascal, live in the Netherlands (yup, we also play golf in between the windmills and tulip fields), and have been playing for little over a year now, and as often as I can (100+ rounds this past year). Hcp around 20, but still very inconsistent. I know your game can vary by the day, mine can by the hole. Had some highs (broke 90), and more lows. But you gotta love this game!    In the bag:   Bag: Nike Victory Red Staff...
This happened last weekend: one of the holes at my homeclub is a doable par 3, 195 yards, but with a dense treeline on the left and a nice pond on the right till halfway the hole. Pulled out my 5 iron, took my stance, and what followed had absolutely nothing to do with something to be recognized as a swing. Something between a topped and sliced ball, it landed passed the ladies tee (whoohoo, lucky me), but wáy right, on the edge of the pond.   Walked down (my buddy...
@pmm5557: I'm pretty much the same in length as you, and am trying to get a little bit more distance from my driver and woods the last few months. So goofed around with the club pro at the range last week, and was shocked to find out my swingspeed was only 95 mph at best (still hitting 'em straight). Could get over that (maxed at 117), but with a wicked slice. Wicked enough not to be fixed with a stronger left hand grip...  
Almost anything oily will do; WD40, terpentine etc. I also use an industrial sticker remove, but don't get that on your grips...