or Connect

Posts by tiger1242

Okay cool I did it right! Thanks sprinkler head!
So today I hit an approach to a green that goes just over the back and I thought rolled down the slope on the other side. When I get to my ball it is actually right on the top of the hill at the start of the slope in a sprinkler head hole ~4 inches deep. I have no doubt that it would have gone down the hill if it wasn't for the hole. What should I have done? I dropped next to the sprinkler head right behind the fringe and putted, wound up 2 putting for par. Was that...
I was just being honest, like I said if it was any kind of competitive setting or anything of that nature obviously I wouldn't do that. But if I'm playing by myself, I don't keep an official handicap or anything and that's probably what I would do. I don't see it as any different than when you hit extra shots when playing alone to try stuff
I'll be honest, in your 2nd scenario I would have either re-teed without taking a stroke or dropped a ball where I thought my ball would be without taking a stroke. Of course this is assuming I am just playing for fun and am not going to submit the score or anything like that. If it happened in a competitive situation I assume the rule would be just like a ball OB
This, pick a tour pro, give me his iron swing. If I have the iron swing of a tour pro than I won't need to short game of a tour pro. Since if those guys played the courses I play they would basically hit every green in regulation.
Working on 2 big keys for my golf game.   The first one is the 50-90 yards wedge shot, I have to get much better and more consistent with these shots. Right now It's all about distance control and a solid descending strike while keeping my weight forward. I've been going to the range and just hitting these shots over and over   The other thing I'm working on is my take away, I generally make pretty good contact on all my full shots yet my accuracy is horrible,...
Wow, that chart is awesome! I guess I need to buy some Chrome balls!
I always try and warm up, mostly just so I can see what my swing is for that day. Am I going to draw it or fade it/am I skulling misses or hitting them fat, ect... Just so I know how to play shots on the course.   Also I've recently started warming up with a 7 iron to start instead of a wedge, because the 7 iron is an easy enough club to hit to get loose, but also a high enough one so you have to think about shot shape and not just swinging away hitting the ball...
Heck I'd be happy with a consistent miss. I guess that's my whole issue, if I play to fade it I'll hit an uncontrollable fade that basically is going sideways by the time it lands. If I aim to fade and think draw I'll usually hit a straight or maybe slight fade that works very well for me. When I get into trouble is when I play the draw and I actually draw it into the trees a few times, then I'm on the tee not knowing whether my next swing will be a draw or fade. It's...
Generally when my game is off I have trouble controlling my drives from fading, sometimes severely. I usually have to think of trying to draw the ball off the tee in order to keep it straight/control it. The problem with that is it's not consistent, I often over cook the draw trying to compensate and it goes way left, but I also still fade it too so it's hard to know what shot to play off of the tee.   On the range today I found if I think about keeping my left...