or Connect

Posts by setexmd

I really think they got it wrong. I do not anchor and never will. But everyone seems to be worried about bifurcation of the rules. So what. Many sports do this . The three point line in baskeball, the number of minutes played in high school vs college verses pro. What about aluminum bats in College and high school baseball , but not in the pros. I think the USGA and the R and A should ban it for the pros and leave it for the amateurs. Let the game be more enjoyable to...
I understand that Phil makes more money than almost all of us put together on this forum but. I run a small family practice in a small town and I employ 7 people  .  I do not make a half a percent of what Phils makes. so I would imagine that he has at least 10 - 15 full time people working for him , if not more..  He is a business. On top of the 39.6% federal taxes and the over 13% state income tax he does have to pay workers comp insurance premiums, FICA for his...
Last year I took my sons and my dad to Myrtle beach.  My sons are fairly new to golf so we Teed it forward for them. I am a 7 hcp so the course was short for me. Basically a driver and  wedge to the par fours  .  My dad is 80 and thought he would golf from our tees but after two holes realized that he needed to play the senoirs. We all ended up having a great time and no one was stressed out . It really does seem to help when one plays from the correct tees. Even hitting...
The first time I broke 90 was in college and was during a light rain. I will never forget that round it was on a 9 hole course with two sets of tee boxes for the front and back nine. . I cannot recal the first time I broke 80. But I do recall my best round. One over par. It was one of those days that even if I hit a tree , and I did, the ball would bounce either back into the fairway or on the green. 18 on the course was a short par five but the second shot was over...