or Connect

Posts by cutshot878

"These marquee players are especially good."  
I Let me try to clarify: We have a lot of pine trees that line the fairways here in Florida (pretty much everywhere in the South). Fairways cut out of very thick pine woods---think Augusta or TPC Stadium Course. The push draw off the tee doesn't always draw (even for players on these developmental tours like E-Golf and Web.com) and then you're left with the push in the right rough.  When you're drive is on the right side of the fairway with overhanging tree limbs blocking...
Thanks for answering my questions, Mike.  It would be interesting to see if Matt could play a fairly tight course like Harbor Town (lots of overhanging tree limbs and tree lined fairways) by just hitting his stock 5 yard push draw (really just a straight shot) all day long.       Maybe on these desert courses the player isn't as obstructed (on approach shots from the first cut or rough) by overhanging tree limbs and there's no incentive to work the ball?    Also, it's...
1. Did he or any of the other players hit any "stingers?"  I watched a 2nd stage Q-school in 2012 and I saw quite a few 3 wood stingers hit off the tee. Granted the fairways were pretty hard (dormant bermuda) and it was moderately windy.    2. Did he move the ball forward or back in his stance or make any other changes to set up or posture to control ball flight? Or did he just hit his standard push draw all day, regardless of wind or other factors, ball played in the...
Sounds logical. Makes sense. Better players naturally tend to draw the ball because they hit the ball from the inside? Because they know how to start the transition and downswing by leading with the lower body by executing a left-hip-clearing pivot? Or because they have learned (found it in the dirt after 750,000 swings) to release the club more naturally and powerfully?   Or both? 
If you've already gripped the club in the left hand, doesn't opening the face at address just strengthen your left hand grip (more clockwise) and therefore offset any extra lofting of the clubface by opening it? When I look in the mirror, having already gripped the club with my fairly weak left hand grip and I open the face as I address the ball, this is what happens:  My grip strengthens, even though the face is open. I know have a "Neutral" grip.    When I close the...
All Putting Tour:     3%  (Tiger Woods, Ben Crane, Freddy Jacobson, David Toms, Rickie Fowler, a few others)    Most of the other top 150-200 money list players would immediately retire (goodbye sponsors) and live comfortably for the rest of their lives in gated communities like Isleworth and Lake Nona or some of those Jupiter haunts (Seminole?) or perhaps Sea Island, Georgia, playing golf like the athletes that they are---mostly walking and trying to make that little...
"Kenny Perry (a pronounced drawer) was playing at Doral a few years ago and someone asked him what he does with a pin on the right side of the green. He said he aimed at the flag and if his ball didn't draw, he got lucky, but otherwise he was content to have a 25-footer for birdie."   So what did Kenny do when his stock push draws off the tee during a round weren't drawing and he was landing on the far right side of the fairway or the right rough? If there were...
I bought a Taylormade Superfast 2.O TP Driver at Edwin Watts online store two years ago. It was offered as "New" and "in original packaging" but it arrived with a big scuff mark on the face. It didn't even have the type of shaft (Matrix HD-6) that was supposed to come factory. It had been reshafted. Why I didn't return it I will never know.  The clank it made when struck sounded nothing like another "genuine" TM driver I owned. It had to be counterfit. Chinese copy.   I...
I feel like I can really go after my 3 wood off the tee. With the driver, unless it's a Par 5, I'm not going to go after it and really explode with the lower body for fear of blocking it right. I am much more timid off the tee on a Par 4 on these water lined or tree lined fairways we have here, with the driver. A miss left or right with the 3 wood is not going to end up in the trees. I might be in the rough, but not in the next zip code.   With the 3 wood, I tee it up so...