or Connect

Posts by cutshot878

Pretty funky at the top but I love his finish. I could honestly watch this swing all day. When you cross the line at the top, does it mean that you have to have a lot more lateral lower body movement (on the downswing) to avoid coming over the top? Is that what's happening here and allowing him to find the slot like a PGA Tour pro?  If he just rotated without lateral he'd be over-the-top?  Why doesn't he look as Hip Bumpy as say Tom Lehman?  He rotates more?  
I've been attempting to make a swing in which my backswing is less upright and steep and a closer match to my downswing so that I don't have to be as athletic (as Fred Couples, Bubba, Furyk, and Ryan Moore who have large angular differences (loopiness) between backswing and through swing and have great rhythm and timing).     Is it true that flaring my right foot at address will not help me in this regard and will lead to too much of a weight shift onto the right foot at...
Just got his "The Plane Truth" book a few days ago.  I guess it's kind of an older book.  So far the book hasn't been as enlightening as I had hoped.  Some interesting ideas. Especially the ones about how you should have a different type of grip, set up, spine angle. weight shift, foot flare, method of initiating the downswing, etc. depending on which type of swing you have. While I do agree that a more one-plane swing is theoretically more repeatable  (less compensations...
Fundamentally it makes sense. I flare both feet and I feel it allows me to swing like a younger man. More around my body.  
Probably going to go out next week and watch Web.com 2nd Stage Q-School at Southern Hills Plantation in Brooksville, Florida. I went two years ago and I enjoyed it and learned more in this quiet setting (watching the pros) than in some of the PGA Tour stops I've been to. Watching these guys quietly going about their business without all the hoopla and crowds.  They'll be playing it down on dormant bermuda fairways. Very tight lies.  Not sure if the rye grass has come up...
I guess nobody has a shag bag anymore? All the mini tour (Florida Space Coast Tour) players I used to watch practicing in the early 1980's had their own leather shag bags. You could find them at the back of the driving range on any given Sunday afternoon hitting shot after shot until dark.  I don't think they thought they were "wasting time."  
I guess the title of this thread is not accurate. It should read, "Advantages/Disadvantages of the Sam Snead/Nicklaus Head/Chin Swivel at set up/address. (Before the takeaway and backswing) 
1. Does this movement cause you to take the club back more inside? (for me, that's a good thing when I'm trying to draw the ball, as my swing tends to be too "out-to-in" like  Ryan Moore or Jim Furyk.)    2. Because your head/chin already swivels to the right when you've completed your backswing, is this step even necessary?     3. If you're trying to hit a fade and have made set up changes (playing the ball more forward, aiming left, and in some cases even slightly...
"These marquee players are especially good."  
I Let me try to clarify: We have a lot of pine trees that line the fairways here in Florida (pretty much everywhere in the South). Fairways cut out of very thick pine woods---think Augusta or TPC Stadium Course. The push draw off the tee doesn't always draw (even for players on these developmental tours like E-Golf and Web.com) and then you're left with the push in the right rough.  When you're drive is on the right side of the fairway with overhanging tree limbs blocking...