or Connect

Posts by cutshot878

"Kenny Perry (a pronounced drawer) was playing at Doral a few years ago and someone asked him what he does with a pin on the right side of the green. He said he aimed at the flag and if his ball didn't draw, he got lucky, but otherwise he was content to have a 25-footer for birdie."   So what did Kenny do when his stock push draws off the tee during a round weren't drawing and he was landing on the far right side of the fairway or the right rough? If there were...
I bought a Taylormade Superfast 2.O TP Driver at Edwin Watts online store two years ago. It was offered as "New" and "in original packaging" but it arrived with a big scuff mark on the face. It didn't even have the type of shaft (Matrix HD-6) that was supposed to come factory. It had been reshafted. Why I didn't return it I will never know.  The clank it made when struck sounded nothing like another "genuine" TM driver I owned. It had to be counterfit. Chinese copy.   I...
I feel like I can really go after my 3 wood off the tee. With the driver, unless it's a Par 5, I'm not going to go after it and really explode with the lower body for fear of blocking it right. I am much more timid off the tee on a Par 4 on these water lined or tree lined fairways we have here, with the driver. A miss left or right with the 3 wood is not going to end up in the trees. I might be in the rough, but not in the next zip code.   With the 3 wood, I tee it up so...
Brick and Mortar retailers can't compete with the online retailers. Let's see, do I pay $200 for last year's  TM Rocketballz Stage 2 fairway wood or $89 online with free shipping at Rock Bottom Golf?  Of course, my  $89 purchase of this club got me a stock "Stiff" shaft that is too whippy for me and feels and plays like a "Regular."  Maybe a demo at Dick's would have been the way to go. But I doubt they would have had any X-Stiffs on the shelf. Would have still had to buy...
Hand strength and its relation to grip preference:   I believe Gary Woodland (one of the strongest, most athletic golfers on the PGA Tour) uses a weak grip (left hand turned more to the left, V pointing at his chin, one knuckle visible, thumb directly on top of the grip). But then again Dustin Johnson (another tremendous athlete) uses a very strong grip.      Maybe it has more to do with how the player releases the club?  Or whether the club at the top is laid off,...
For me, holding it that much in the fingers with the left hand makes the grip too strong---V pointing at the right shoulder. I draw the ball and I'm always guarding against a hook so a strong left hand grip is a no go unless I want to hit duck hooks.  I tend to hold it a little more palmy but I still understand that only the 3rd, 4th and 5th finger (of the left hand) are responsible for holding the grip against the lower palm. The index finger and thumb don't do anything,...
Thanks for posting Brian Stuard's golf swing. It looks a bit Dufner-esque without the waggle and with a longer backswing. And maybe he's closed at the top instead of square like Dufner? He seems to be another Hogan disciple with that Hogan Stance (left foot really flared out and right foot back and square-- for the driver swing). The finish looks identical to Duffs. I've been watching this guy (Brian Stuard) who seemingly came from out of nowhere  (obscure Oakland...
  I used to live in what you would call "the right place" to play golf in Florida---Jacksonville. I rarely played because, (although I was a skilled golfer in the 1% who can actually break 80)  I was a working class guy and $40 per round was cost prohibitive. I might actually "play" once a month. Mostly I was hitting range balls once a week.  Now I live in what you obviously call the "wrong place" to play golf in Florida. 50 miles north of Tampa, way out beyond even the...
Well, I'm glad that the future of golf is safe in Colorado. Skiing and Golf. Not a bad combo. Still, I'll take our dying public courses,  mild winters, year round golf on poorly maintained tracks and beautiful beaches--- here in Florida. I won't mention hurricanes if you won't mention wildfires. 
I would agree with you when it's golf season here in Florida (December to April) when all the snowbirds are here and my neighborhood public course actually has some business. But there is no evening golfing at that time. Sunset at 6pm. But during the summer, when kids (the future of golf) are out of school, it's too hot and humid and too many thunderstorms for anybody to be playing.The course closes at 6pm. If golf was a game with a working class future there would be...