or Connect

Posts by In The Hole

Only thing I can think of is that the ball was further back in your stance than usual or your hands got in front of the ball....... in both cases your would de-loft the club and on the same swing travel further.   just a thought.
I think from my personal experience that the time comes that you will do well with blades is more about tempo than handicap.   If you are still in the hit the cover off the ball stage, 100% swing, stick with cavities.   If you have more of a tempo swing and swing at 85%, blades do well. I find that at 15% less effort I am more accurate and the ball will carry further with a blade.   Just a personal observation.
With irons specially, there is not a distance, just your distance. It is all about knowing how far you hit an iron, not how far a club should be hit.   An answer for myself though and I find my distances generaly a little longer than most in local comps but shorter than most when playing Tournaments against A graders.   In metres (Aussie)   4 iron       180 5 iron       170 6 iron       160 7 iron       150 8 iron       140 9 iron      ...
Has been some really great golf, 4 of the worlds best are playing off tomorrow, I really don't see the problem with some of the comments on here.   (Conteriversial point with some on here) Yeah lets have a WORLD championship, but americans need only enter.   I don't mind who wins, would be nice for the aussie to come home with it, but as long as the winner wins it and dosn't just not lose it, I will be happy.
I don't know, it might be one of those things that are just in my head, but then most things in sport are head games.   If I am just playing a round, any ball will do, but if I am playing comp. I will play probably 4 new balls for the round. (rarely lose any)   I just find that once the ball starts to scuff that is spins more, so once a ball is scuffed will use it only on par 3's and shorter holes, where I need a longer club and require the ball to hold...
I will agree with above and a good rule too, I know myself with some particuar bunkers on courses that I play, if I go in and the ball is not in a perfect position, I will just replay the original shot that got me there. (bunker too deep, and my sand game too unreliable to guarentee getting out first time).
Yeah I use two older sets, a set of Wilson staff progressive blades from about 92, great clubs...... but am currently suffering a little bit of a shoulder tear problem so have gone back to my spalding executive xe's (hollowbacks) about 87 vintage.   The best thing about the spalding's is they are basically a set of what we would call today hybrids, still my favorite clubs.
I have found something similar, started carrying a ladies 7 wood a while back (no longer in the bag as no room in the new set), but found that distance was 165 metres, no ifs, no maybe's, had a very high ball flight and I could hit the ball at 80% or 110%, it would still go 165 metres. Weird club, but always straight and did not have the customary fade of my other clubs, if anything it had a draw of about 1 1/2 metres.   Did try it with my irons and found the ladies...
This is a bit of a windup right...... Order of play is just to prevent arguments so that everyone knows when there shot is to be played.   You have no reward, you didn't win anything, in golf you have 18 totally unrelated hole.   As for football, so if one team has an exceptionally good offence, they keep the ball all day, after every touchdown the elect to receive again. Makes no sense.     Have to say though, have never played under this rule, every game...
For me it was a case that I just couldn't seem to shoot any lower on my handicap, driving passable, putting above average but even though I was hitting the ball well, I just seemed to be leaving myself too much to do.... Got down to 80 and then pretty much shot that score every round plus or minus a couple of shots. ( game improvment clubs brosnans gradys, pgf v8's and tommy 855's)   Didn't have alot in the way of money so went to a place that had heaps of sets of...