or Connect

Posts by Golfizit

Shot 93 yesterday. Wind constant 24 mph gusts over 30 mph so pretty happy with score. Hit my new irons well but putting sucked. Tuesday plan on playing 2 rounds. Well see how that goes.
This is great info. Many times not able to get out due to temp or wind (wished it was due to snow or rain) so can put these to use. If you ever do the wrist band I want a couple!! Love having new things yet old. I remember my track coach making us do some of our things slowly. It really did work then so know it will now.
Well today had an awesome round for me today. Shot a 78 on a par 72 course. And can only place it on the fact that I rec'd my new Apex irons that were actually fit to me which meant 2 up and the recoil graphite shafts. I have never had so many straight accurate iron shots as I had today. Hit 10 GIRs - something I have never accomplished before. When I analyzed the results I found it would have been even better but as I walked I am not in the shape I need to be. So...
Shot a 90 which had winds greater than today's PGA tourney. Only two holes were downwind. In fact, afterwords found out there was a high dust warning. Which we had then some few seconds of rain, light though it was. Had to really consider it as had 77 on Thursday. But, normal for this time of year.
Played home course w/5 others yesterday 1/18 in 50's but the wind (a club wind) we weren't supposed to have was present for all of it. Scored a 99 just couldn't get directions right and 4 3 putts. Course in good shape for this time of year. Then as wind died down I played the back 9 again and scored a 43. So I guess just couldn't get wind adjustments down. BUT had a great day. And to finish it off I practiced chipping for an hour. By then was freezing and getting dark so...
That band is a great aid for what your talking about. And the the elbows down is really the only way you can keep your forearms close together. This is in front of you thru your turn with your upper body. After that some separation where the ares go back further. Think of having your arms out in front of you and gripping the club with your hands facing down instead of up. Hope that makes sense.
Sunday is my rest day but yesterday did my Age Defying Golf stretching (about an hr) then headed to the golf course for a round with friends. Monday the hard HIIT workout.
90 Saturday I played with 12 others and tied w one other for the lead. Weather started at low 50s then about an hr in it started blowing and got up to 20 mph. So cold said all by the end. Had rec'd a new driver TM SLDR on Friday so an hr before we played I adjusted it and found only took 10 balls to get it set. Have never hit so many great drives. Only missed 1 fairway and out drove everyone. Had lots of good thins happen. So though would rather have had a lower score it...
I have started doing the workouts from the GOGI app and just started the AgeDefying stretching for us ole folks (50+). Really do like what I'm starting to see as results. Oh I've also added a few Men's mag exercises. Results to date include 20 yds further on drives and less aches an pains afterword.
Played 18 today n shot 92. 3 putted thrice, which is unusual. Also one out of bounds yet I was hitting all but 2 drives in the short stuff and even though low fifties feeling like forties with wind going 15 when slow and only 2 holes with the wind averaged 260 yds on drives with couple 280 yds. Amazing how much it helps to try an keep forearms close!!! Now just need to make that a permant part to my swing.