or Connect

Posts by arturo28mx

For a 913 driver, black dot weight is 14 grams (11 grams is blue dot).   With the black dot weight your driver was about D5.5 swingweight. In my view that's high. No wonder your son had trouble swinging it.   Without any weight your driver is now about C8.5 swingweight. I believe that's more common for women, seniors and young players.   Some Taylor Made drivers had a cavity on the bottom, newer models have it filled with some kind of silicon, they were obviously...
Try eBay
You reduce the swingweight by one point for every 2 grams weight you remove.   In my opinion, the total weight of the head remained practically the same.   However, you reduced the swingweight from D2 to less than C9. This is something your son will definitely notice and will help him get more clubhead speed. That's exactly what that weight is there for. To adjust swingweight.   913 drivers come from factory at D3 swingweight and I feel I have to struggle a bit to...
I can get more distance with a Regular shaft on my driver, but a stiff shaft gives much more accuracy (more fairways) so I use a stiff shaft.
For me, keeping my head still means DO NOT SWAY ON THE BACKSWING!!!   It really helps if I slightly push my right knee inward so the weight is on the INSIDE of the right leg as I swing back. There's an easy drill about putting a golf ball under your right foot to ingrain this feeling.
Two Titleist 913 D2 both 10.5 degrees   In the past I used a Ping G20 with 9.5 degrees but played like 10.5 degrees. Ping drivers are known for having one or more degrees more loft than what is stamped on the head.
+1 I've tried many balls and for my intermediate level game the Q Star is my ball now.
After three years of attempting to play serious golf once a week I'm finally being able to hit down on the ball and take a small divot (I used to be a sweeper). The feeling off the face of the club is incredible and my consistency has improved considerably. I'm happy.
I play alone 60% of the time. When I play alone I can take the time to focus on doing things right and learn from my mistakes. Nobody is rushing me. Every time I play alone I feel I improved some part of my game.   However, it's more fun to play with other people, even if they are strangers.
After several years of being a picker/sweeper, I've just begun to take divots. I tried everything and this is what has worked for me: At the same time I'm doing my downswing I think of moving my chest/sternum SLIGHTLY  to the left as I approach impact.  This is in fact a weight shift, but for me it is easier to think of slightly moving my chest towards the target That's it. By doing this it just becomes automatic to hit down on the ball without actually trying to hit down...