or Connect

Posts by arturo28mx

on some courses driver + 5 wood on other courses 3 wood + 7 wood
Wonderful documentary, a bit long, but worth watching. Very inspiring.
A shorter shaft will significantly reduce swingweight and make the club feel a lot lighter. This works for some people but not for others. A club that feels too light may affects the tempo of your swing.
I hate it when my shadow covers the ball I'm about to hit.
For me, driver fitting answers three very important questions:   1. loft - should I use 9.5, 10.5 or 12 degrees 2- shaft weight - should I use a light or a heavy shaft 3- shaft flex - should I use regular or stiff flex   The right combination can be supreme. The wrong combination can be disastrous.
When I started playing golf I was in the same situation. I was really afraid of playing with strangers. My view is that strangers don't care how bad you play golf as long as you don't slow them down. So when I got into a situation I couldn't get out of, such as getting out of a difficult bunker, or carrying  a large body of water, I simply picked up my ball and threw it by hand onto the fairway and continue playing from there so I could keep up with the group.   Also,...
I have Titleist woods and drivers and play around with swingweight a lot (thanks to the interchangeable weights). I also own a swingweight scale (best purchase I have made).   In my experience, swingweight goes hand in hand with shaft weight. You should not look at swingweight on its own. In the end you should choose the right combination of shaft weight and swingweight that gives you the best tempo.   I did an experiment once. Two identical driver heads, one had a...
I live in Mexico so it's hard to get a good fitting. Most of the sets I didn't like I gave to my son, to friends, and to two caddies at my home club. I spent a lot of money but I found a good home for all of them.   For me the best fitting is being able to play a few rounds of real golf with the clubs you are testing. That's what I did and I don't regret it.
For me no problem in using different brands as long as they have the same swingweight (D0 or D1).   Having a D0 swingweight in one club and D3 swingweight in another club does bother me.
I started golf at age 53 (I'm almost 58 now) and decided I had to quickly find the right irons for my swing and ability.   I did it the hard and expensive way. In three years I purchased twelve different sets of irons (different brands, models, shafts, etc.)   There were BIG differences in how well I could hit one or the other.   So I'm sure for you there are irons out there that can improve your game. Good luck.   For me, Ping i20 irons were the winner.