or Connect

Posts by arturo28mx

After several years of being a picker/sweeper, I've just begun to take divots. I tried everything and this is what has worked for me: At the same time I'm doing my downswing I think of moving my chest/sternum SLIGHTLY  to the left as I approach impact.  This is in fact a weight shift, but for me it is easier to think of slightly moving my chest towards the target That's it. By doing this it just becomes automatic to hit down on the ball without actually trying to hit down...
For me it was last year when I got paired up with a beautiful handicap 4 woman. It was a joy to play golf with her.
In my view, Chella deliberately places the mark well to the left of the ball and then proceeds to replace the ball well left of where the mark was, effectively moving the ball about an inch and a half.   This was clearly a deliberate and premeditated action and it's cheating.   The LPGA should make it clear that this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated in the future.
I have read several instructors who say that hitting the ball with the lower part of the face increases backspin (because of the gear effect) and thus the ball goes straighter. They therefore suggest to tee the ball lower for control and tee higher for distance.   My own experience seems to corroborate this.   I personally prefer control over distance and use regular length tees with the driver.   For those who have not heard of the "gear effect" I recommend you look...
I think the driver is the hardest part of golf (more than putting) because a bad drive can have serious penalties, more than a bad putt.
 I need to make a correction. My FJ Contour Casual shoes are two years old. Looking at internet pictures it appears that this year's model has larger cleats, which probably work better. They are definitely the most comfortable.
I only use spikeless shoes.  I own six pairs total.   My Foot Joy Contour Casual are the most comfortable BUT the spikes are a bit small and don't work so well on wet grass. I now use them as regular sneakers.   I would recommend Ashworth.
I just finished reading a book by Hank Haney and he says at address the left wrist should be slightly cupped. At the top of the backswing it should be flat.   That's the way I always do it and it works for me.
My favorite, Romeo y Julieta, they are not too strong.
For me 7 iron, second place, pitching wedge