or Connect

Posts by arturo28mx

The idea, as someone else said, is depth perception AT ADDRESS to help hit the ball in the sweet spot. While a white ball is perceived by the brain as somewhat two dimensional, the truvis pattern helps the brain see the ball in full three dimensions.   I have used them and for me at address I can definitely see the truvis ball with better focus than a white ball.   HOWEVER, in the heat of play, one shot after another, I forgot about them and they did not make a...
This is my experience based on what I have seen in the last few years regarding weekend golfers:   The majority of weekend golfers I see have bad swings, never take lessons, and display poor athletic abilities. They all shoot over 100. They have little interest in improving their scores. Sure, they would "like" to improve their scores, but they are not willing to spend any time or effort on it. They go play more for the social side of golf.   There are exceptions of...
I would say the TWO stroke penalty would take care of any uncertainty of where exactly the ball was lost.   But never mind, I can accept the rule as it is.
My view: the lost ball rule as it is (stroke and distance penalty) is fair and logical, but it is IMPRACTICAL in real life scenarios!!!   Subjectivity is already existent in golf rules!!! Yes. When your ball goes into a lateral water hazzard you have to determine where the ball crossed the line of the hazzard so you can drop there. Most times this is extremely difficult to do in an exact way and is therefore very subjective. All you know is APPROXIMATELY where your ball...
The glove is not for protection. It's for increased friction while holding it so the club does not fly off during the swing.
This is not a funny accident but I figured I would tell it anyway because there are lessons to be learned.   At my home course some years ago a man convinced his wife to learn to play golf. She took a few lessons. One day they decided to go out and play a round. They were on the first tee waiting for another group to tee off. The wife took a practice swing with the driver and because of her inexperience did not check to see that nobody was behind her. Well, the husband...
I'm a good ball striker with irons but I still can't hit my driver consistently. I decided to replace the driver with a 3 wood. For the last year I have tried to make the 3 wood work for me off the tee. When I hit it well I get almost the same distance as my driver. But I'm also inconsistent with it. I'm now using a 5 wood on tight holes and hit it much better. So right now my bag has a driver for holes with wide fairways, a 5 wood for holes with narrow fairways, and a 7...
I do my own fitting the expensive but far more accurate way: I buy a club with senior flex that is identical to another club I have with regular flex and play several rounds with both and compare. The club I don't like I can sell or give to my son or a good friend.   This is the only kind of fitting that I really trust. I've had bad experience with simulators.
My home course has all the sand traps washed out due to several torrential rains in the last couple of months. the club is almost broke and has no money to repair them. They are all marked now as ground under repair. The truth is it has made little difference. Even without the sand traps the course is plenty difficult and challenging. I still enjoy playing there as much as before.
In my town we have torrential rains every august and september. The fairways are extremely saturated with water and very muddy. Several times my drive has gone straight down the middle of the fairway but when I get there the ball has totally sunk and is impossible to find. Not due to long grass but to very loose soil. I just drop in the area where I saw my ball land and continue play.