or Connect

Posts by hunter991

i hit the G20 as well and love it so much i bought 2 of them. But i would love to try the G25 if the price drops. 
I just bought a 3rd driver yesterday to test out the shorter driver shaft theory on my own. I normally swing my stock G20 Tour S at 45.75 and do pretty well with it. However, lately i have bee playing courses with small narrow fairways and wanted to see if a shorter shaft would allow me greater control. I bought an Amp Cell and had it cut to 44.75". Time will tell but i hit back to back with both drivers at the range last night and couldn't tell much difference.    I...
I thought a mallet would help me, but really made me much worse. I struggle with the same things. went back to a blade and i am much better. The mallet has a completely different feel one in which i did not care for. It was NOT as forgiving, and harder to adjust to how hard to tap the ball.    What did help me was the right length. i went from a 34" mallet to a 35" blade and that made a big difference. Make sure your putter length is right first. 
I just bought a second set for a vacation home so i don't always have to travel with my clubs. I found the Nike MachSpeed clubs for $299. They are pretty decent. I would check them out if you can. I found them a little more forgiving than the TM clubs for $399. 
Tour shaft spins less.
Mixed bag here but have been gravitating to PING lately. Ping Irons, driver and hybrid, tour exotics hybrid, odessey putter, and a no name wedge at the moment all inside a tity bag. They way I look at it is, whatever I hit the best, whatever has the features I like to have I will buy and not care about who makes it.
I have the G20. By far the best driver for me and I tried them all. Not even sure why. I would say go newer with the G20.   If you are working on getting better, then get the driver that you plan to have 2 years from now . I am not saying the G20 is far superior technically, but I also don't believe in all the marketing hype with todays drivers. If you believed every mfg we should all be hitting the ball 500+ yards by now. The G20 was more appealing to me at address and...
I can't even keep all the models straight anymore. My local golfsmith sells about 4 or 5 different TM drivers still.
thanks for the replies. I bought the g25's and love them so far. They don't seem as long as my Burner 2.0's but as someone mentioned above, my burners were pretty inconsistent with distance. I know it could be me, but even on good hits, it seemed I couldn't find consistent yardage on particular club. The pings seem far more consistent and easier to hit. Also seem to have much better quality. I too got fitted and the process was more in depth than that others. I played the...
demoed them a few weeks ago when looking for new irons. honestly didn't care for them. To me it felt like you "felt" the ball when hitting. I felt lots of vibration up the shaft compared to the other 3 sets i hit.