or Connect

Posts by Gilberg

Not sure why, but I get the yips when I play with strangers or strange people.  It just makes me nervous and I know it is just real silly.  The other day I was playing solo and I was on the fourth tee.  I was over the ball and a cart with two super hot people pulled up behind the tee and was waiting for me to hit.  I just stood there over the ball and waited for them to drive by.  But since they was playing, they just wanted me to hit and get the hell out of the way.  I...
I was not as good when I started as I am now.  The first round I played I shot a 92 (played 1 hole scaled to 18).  Last week when I played I shot a 76 (no holes played, scaled from previous experience)
I really thank it is important to hit it longer and that is why most people say they hit it so far.  The bottom line is that the male pecking order is about distance, nobody cares about scores unless you are porfessional.  I would rather hit it 330+ (I do) and shoot 72, than hit is 270 and shoot a 69.  so if I hit it farther than you that shows my maleness and i can dominate you by being more alpha.  If you don't understand me than I can tell you are a short hitter and I...
I am looking for a new pair os sunglasses to wear on my face/hat while I play.  The model I use now is real slippery when they get whet and it makes it hard to tell how far away things are when they are moving around on my nose from slickness.  I need some that are more sticky or rap all the way round.  I was playing last night and I went to put down my bag and I dropped down a crevasse and/or sinkwhole because I just couldn't get the distance.  Yeah I know ... Anyway, the...
I searched on here a lot about this and couldn't find any helpful info, which didn't surprise me or catch me off guard.   Please tell me what you typically do right after a round is over if you are playing with other people. I know tradition is different everywhere you go and it also depents on you personality.  If I am playing with an elderly family member I will give them an appropriate hug and tell them how impressed I was with their preformance, even it they played...
I went to play at Dear Creek monday night and I noticed they got rid of the old sandwich place in the clubhouse and replaced it with a restaurant called "Fish Dungeon".  It looked dark and weird inside, and it was really humid.  I hate eating in restaurants with carpet because they always stink like a dank basement, and the Fish Dungeon had the longest shag carpet we ever seen.  But we were starving and we had to eat something.  My cousin ordered the tadpole panini.  It...
I started off my son with just some old pinnacle balls.  No clubs at all.  He just hit it with his hands and when he got tired of bending over he just kicked it.  He is 24 now and the other day he told me "Daddy, why come I don't have nice clubs like Vechel and Lonnie".  I just gave him this look like "How the hell should I know!".
I really hated when the dude kept yelling "Bababooey".  It pissed me off real hard.  I mean, yeah it was really funny the first couple of times, and it was getting me really pumped up, but after like four or five times it really got me mad and I had to start hitting my push mower with an old lawn dart that was in the garage.  I think it would really teach the guy a lesson if they brought him/her out on the tee and made them kneel down execution style and put a shot gun...
My friend is a medium (not that it has anything to do with this post, just cool as hell).  He is always teaching me about consperacy theries.  He doesnt play golf, and I think that is why this technique works so well, because he can look at it from the outside without thinking like a "golfer".   We were playing nine holes the other day and he litrally hit every putt that was inside 6 or 7 feet, 100%, and he did that every time we played.  I told him at the end of the...
I hate cheaters.  Specially with golf cause it is a gentlemans sport.  I keep telling them "If you are going to cheat then go play an OTHER sport and they tell me "Go back to the Cart!""!   At least if you are going to cheat don't make it so obvios.  Yeah, I will shave a couple strokes off per round if no one is paying attention, but I NEVER do it if they are paying attention.     I played in a golf scramble eons ago and the group who won didn't even set foot on...