or Connect

Posts by JediFish

First hole of the day I set my Bloody Mary down and let the big dog eat! I'd go driver to the left side and draw it in to target (lefty). Then after my shot never turns I use my wedge and get 15 ft. 3 putts later I'm scoring my 5 and saying, "glad I got my bad hole out of the way" :)
Either way, that's a nice strike right there! Dead center with some spin! 
Yesterday I hit a tee shot super array and literally had my back foot slip about 6 inches on the down swing. It was a little wet but not that wet. I never flip my footjoys over and look at my cleats so I immediately did after the shot and sure enough, they were almost gone. Well I had some extras I bought when I got the cleats so I changed them and WOW! There's no telling how long I've been slipping on shots because I'm hitting the driver pretty well now that I have that...
A hat is a hat. I wear a shimano fishing visor most of the time. Recently I've been wearing my Detroit Tigers hat just to rep my team so I don't think brands matter. If you're knocking down shots, nobody is going to question your hat selection. 
Depending on how you strike the ball and if you try to control your spin determines your ball selection. Balls do spin more or go farther and all that jazz but you have to sacrifice one fire the other or find one that fits your style of play. I'm just now trying to spin the ball on all my approach and chip shots so I've switched to a proV1. In contrast, the prov1x has a little more distance to it with a little less spin. Id love to hit a ball that's as hard as a rock off...
We all have been in those shoes... It still drives me nuts when I don't play my handicap one day but like they said earlier you have to take it with a grain of salt. Personally when I hav that bad round, I try to look back afterwards and remember how it felt to hit those few perfect crisp shots that do exactly like you wanted and focus on the positives rather than the negatives. Also beer helps haha my score on the front determines my empties at the end of the round! 🍻...
Never mind! Played with some 845s this weekend and it may have just been a confidence boost but I'm hitting them more crisp than anything so I think I'm set for now!!! 
86 today :/ 45 degrees with winds 15 to 20 so the windshield was cutting right through me... And although I'd like to blame the score on the wind, it was by far my putting. I turned 6 birdie putts to bogeys and ended the day with 2 birds but also 2 triple bogeys. On a positive note, my contact was crisp today with every iron in the bag so I brought home one positive feeling! 
 Now tell me how to do all of this after I've drank 6 beers!!! My game is hopeless 🍻
I started playing with my Ben hogan apex plus irons 5 years ago and I bought them used. Since then I've put quite a few smacks on them and I'm considering buying newer clubs. I love the feel and workability of my BH's but I want a little bit more forgiveness. I figure with all the new technology that has come out since these clubs were new, there has to be a similar new club with more forgiveness yet with a similar feel. I know nothing will ever feel as good as these...