or Connect

Posts by CR McDivot

I agree, but mine is #12, a par 5 with the carry on the tee shot just a bit more than I can consistently handle. My partners are always trying to get the green in 2, and typically clear the hazard but miss the fairway. I have learned from painful experience to lay up short of the water. From there it's a fairway metal and a wedge. Partners struggle from the rough to get on in 3, but for me #12 has become a fairly easy par, and a good shot at birdie.  
Examples from my last round...   71% Fairways 22% Greens 5 Three putts 2 One putts 1 Penalty   Shot 89, but really could have come close to breaking 80...   Drives need a bit more distance, best was 240, average 220.   Flew a few greens, too much of a gap between my 19.5H and my longest iron on longer approaches.   2.3 Putts per GIR, and these were not 35 footers. My putting stank!   The 2 one putts came from tight to pin shots from 142 and 95 yards....
On the day, and at the location of my original test, Google Earth registered within 1m of a point collected by a quality handheld with a powered external antenna averaged over 3000 readings. This seems to change over time as historical aerials are not as well registered. Currently the best publicly available aerials are claiming 1 foot (primarily in US urban areas).
The GPS Benchmark app tests the inherent accuracy of the chip, hardware, and OS. If any augmentation is used it will be noted. The tests I ran were purposely without wifi or cell tower augmentation. Played a round today with an app I typically use only for scoring. This time I compared distances and shot tracking with a laser, and came up with results generally in line with the expected 95% assurance. Some few readings considerably worse than that. Having done mapping work...
Do you really know how accurate the GPS is on your android device? Would you like to get some real world stats?   I found an android app, GPS Benchmark, that is easy to use and produces a plethora of information presented in both spreadsheet (csv) and visual (Google Earth) format.             I ran a series of tests on an older Cliq2 and got a lot better idea of just how she performs.   The app identifies the test location as “Ground Truth” the coordinates of...
FIR stats from today - 86% FIR. As for approaches one on #12 par 5, 190 hybrid from 195 yrds stuck 12 ft from pin, #18 from 180 pin high a foot off on left fringe. #5 par 3 175 yrds rolled a foot off back onto fringe, #8 par 3 192 yrds again hit green but rolled to back fringe. Did stick a few from 70 to 110. Missed several more 150 to 180 yrd approaches, some a few yrds short/long or left/right. Hitting the fairway at this point is not the problem... approaches on the...
On the golfing landscape there seem to be a few, if not many, highly competitive players that appear to have a disdain for the beginner or recreational golfer. These "elite" players often whine about the perceived lack of skills, dedication, or pace of those "lesser" golfers.   My father introduced me to the grand game with an emphasis on etiquette and respect for the game, the players, and the course. Make no mistake, Pop was a scratch player and thoroughly enjoyed...
Please see ESA as GUR. I could call you out as a non-golfer for your ungentlemanly behavior, but unfortunately that lack of civility seems rampant in some golf circles.
You might want to check ROG Appendix 1, and then 25-1b and 25-1c.
Can do that in Colorado in one day... usually accompanied by rain, sleet, hail, then snow! Actually, along the Front Range golf can be played year round. Just be prepared for QUICK weather changes.