or Connect

Posts by CR McDivot

Agree completely! I still have a good half dozen undeniable mishits per round. Could easily break 90 every time on this point alone. However, I try to forget the blade, shank, fat, thin... concentrate on the next shot alone. Most times it works.  
Temptation is the scourge of the faithless... Proverbs 10:9 (KJV) 9 He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known. You and I both know that perseverance is the key to success!  
Today I walked a 7200 yard course behind a threesome on the front and a foursome on the back. A fairly full tee sheet as the home course had TWO tourneys and the overflow of regulars tended to migrate over here. Was fortunate to get on as a single, but would be just as happy to have been joined to a group. Waited on nearly every shot, but that is to be expected as a single.   Finished in 3 hours and 40 minutes... no complaints, in my mind that was about right...
I choose not to let a bad day on the range get to me. If I am not having success at full shot ball striking I will move to the pitching green or the putting green. Maybe come back later, or not.   IMHO there is no sense ingraining a lack of confidence by repeating a failure to execute. Tomorrow is a new day.
Long, long ago I learned the game first as caddie for my father... and then as I became more proficient as a paid caddie on both local muni's and a private course. Carrying the bag was the least of the duties, knowing the yardages, the hazards, the roll of the green, and learning the skills of the patron is what earned the tips (which far exceeded the customary fee). Competition in the caddie shack for the known players was stiff, but the players soon learned to request...
Here ya go...  
Lucky shots that result in a good score are nice... but that is not a "good" shot in my mind. I'd rather have good contact, have the ball flight I pictured, and end up close to where I intended the ball to stop. If I could do this on a more consistent basis I could consider myself a better player.   Luck is chance, good is on purpose.
I have good results with a 15* 3w or 19.5* 3h. Usually leaves a short to mid wedge (less than 100) on par fives. Easier for me than a three or four iron.
In the unique circumstance of the Independence of the British colonies in America, government was forcefully demoted from master and relegated to the servant of the People. Servants, and therefore the servile governments have no rights, only delegated responsibilities to their master.   In America that Master was identified as the citizenry under God Almighty.   Think not? Read the Declaration.
Please list the specific criminal or terrorist activities intercepted and prosecuted compared to the number of individuals civil rights violated in the collection of this data.   Yeah, thought so!   Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. This was first written by Franklin for the Pennsylvania Assembly in its Reply to the Governor (11 Nov. 1755)   Carry on.