or Connect

Posts by CR McDivot

Yes Dave, the patio does face NE. The south side of the building housing clubhouse, pro shop, meeting rooms has a fair view of 18 approach and green... but the parking lot has better. Muni parking lots can be used for more than changing shoes; like perhaps relaxing and observing for a bit.  Poetic license?
Image from previous thread...   The 150 marker is right of the big cottonwood in the fairway,
# 18 Riverdale Knolls. No bunkers, water left and right but not really in play. Uphill to green, rough from 90 to 50 or so. Easy to land short and run up.
Bet me! Drives are not long, but they are in the fairway!
Much less leave a reasonable birdie putt?   Not in my experience!   I'm a bogey golfer, pretty happy to score 15 to 18 over, drive 220 or so, but average over 80% fairways. I can on a good day stick the green from 180, or if really on a bit more. Of course, this is on a course where one can allow the ball to run up from the front.   I often, after a round or practice session, observe the 18th green from the clubhouse (with a brew or several ) as others approach the...
I keep track in my head, but enter into a digital scorecard app at the next tee including FIR, GIR, Putts, Penalties.
Pretty happy with the 86 (66 net) I shot today. Best I have done since returning to play after a 40 year hiatus (women and children seemed to occupy my prime years).   6 pars 9 bogeys 3 doubles 39 out, 47 in 79% Fairways , 34 putts .   Only +4 on the front due to solid driver, iron, and wedge. 5 one putts, no 3 putts.   Overly aggressive on the back leading to 2 penalties, a loss of confidence, and three 3 putts.   Still a very good day!
Just scored my best round since returning to play 3 years ago after a 40 year hiatus!   86 (66 net); 39 out, 47 in (yeah, kinda fell apart on the back). Was hot on the front, but over aggressive on 2 critical holes on the back, costing 2 penalties and quelling my confidence.   Still a very good day!
   Your clubhead speed is 10% slower measured on Foresight than on swing radar. I suspect the lower speed is correct. Gotta work on more speed, I have the same issue.
Actually, when confronted with a similar situation a while back, I graciously moved as far downwind of the complainant as possible. I behaved as a gentleman... and he as a c**t!