or Connect

Posts by DougJ

Crim,   I appreciate your opinion.   But I stand by my opinion.     Just got through watching Morning Drive on Golf Channel.   They were watching Rory McIlroy practice chipping.   The commentator said that amateurs practice more on tees than they do chipping.   Which is the opposite of what the pros do.   He was emphasizing the importance of practicing chipping.  Now this is only an opinion of that commentator. For me  I will continue to  practice the 70% - 30% ratio.
Just an update...... took 3 lessons from my course pro,  finished mid July.   went over my swing and gave me instruction on how to cure my fades..... has helped but still  have  some issues.    played 4 holes with him and gave me insight on course management.   Very helpful added a lot to my knowledge.  Key was bogey max.   worked on my short game with chipping 10-20 yds out.    Also from 30-50 yds out.   Putting.        Helpful piece of advice.......    70% of...
Anyone going to the World Amateur in MB at the end of August??    This will be my 2nd time ,  the first was in 2012.  I am a high handicapper, looking forward to the tournament   .  But still a little nervous.     Doug
I agree.    I attended training at KC and played Swope Memorial numerous times.    I have become a Tillinghast fan.    I eventually would like to tour the US and play other of his courses.   Doug
Ok Guys,    I went out yesterday and concentrated on  smoother, slower swing off the tee.    Concentrating on putting.    I practiced this on the range for 45 mins before my rd.    My drives were better,  no serious fades,    just a slight one several times at the end of the round as I was getting tired.   But still remained in the fairway.    My putting I was pretty pleased2 pars,  with.  I sank 4 putts from 5-8 ft out and had a lot more confidence.    I had a total of...
I have read this post with great interest as it is similar to my goals.    The advice makes a lot of sense and will try it.  Thanks everyone.   Doug
Retired civil servant (systems analyst)  and retired military ( Chief Petty Officer).   Right now I work (part time) as a  Sales Manager at a  regional petrochemical  distribution center.    ( I pump gas and assist customers at a local Supermarket's gas station.)
I am thinking of joining a local club.    Now that I am retired I am trying to play more quality golf.    After the initiation fee,   I pay $300.00 /mo.    It would be more than I am playing now as I only play golf about 2-3 times a mo.   What I like about the club  is they also have Tennis,  Swimming pool,   nice lounge ,   activities for the wife,   gym with decent equip, social events.     With what we pay for gym memberships and golf  several times a mo.    I...
I have turned in all the items that I have found including cell phones,  head covers ,  and clubs.   I have left head covers and a wedge on the course.   Fortunately,  there were turned in.    We have had instances of clubs/ bags  being taken out of cars in parking lots in this area.
Consistently shoot under a 100.