or Connect

Posts by Rick Martin

Haven't watched a single stroke of golf from this tournament.  My way to countering the over-saturation of golf by the tour. Season is way too long. Got burned out last season, so my plan this year was not to watch until Phoenix/Cali tourneys then the FLA swing, then back off until Augusta and possibly watch RBC Hilton Head since I've gone to that tourney a couple of times.......then sporatically watch except World Golf Championhip and majors......if the pros take...
I spent several days down in Miami early this week and was able to see a lot of world class players practicing.  Pretty fortunate to see world class golfers last week at Arnie's tourney and now this.......living in FLA has its perks.  Took a lot of pictures.......        
Today I head out to watch the Miami Open first round and qualifying. Last week I was at Arnie's tourney.....watching and playing Tennis and Golf...my life.  Can't seem to pick one over the other - so I'm mediocre at both......
 I wonder if having TV carts, larger crowds (who follow the lead group) have anything to do with the delay? I've seen several delays as players wait for the crowd to settle down, marshals to get out of the way,  TV carts to clear the fairways.  Lots of distractions for the lead group that the middle of the pack guys don't deal with . Also, just calling in the rules official for a ruling can put a group a shot behind.  I don't see why the rules guy has to put them on the...
 So could Hoffman. Five course meal as he walked down the fairway, glove on, glove off......etc etc.....But Koch was commenting on Saturday about the "deliberateness" of Stenson. Wonder if the PGA gave him any advanced warnings that he'd better speed it up a notch.    
        Stenson peeved at official for slow-play warnings     “I thought we were here to play golf and not finish at 6 [p.m.],” said Stenson, who had two three-putts the first three rounds. “I know we have times to take into consideration. If one, two minutes on the broadcast is going to make or break it then I think we need to have some more leeway with...
 It was okay until it went too far w/ the marshals and volunteers hitting the Gamez shot.....those were some gawdawful swings to look at.
Respect to the winner. It was a fun tournament til the end......next big one for me will be the first full week of April....don't really care about what's going on in Texas.
Zach finish...double eagle, bogey, bogey  
I'm going to start my own drinking game....every time I hear adrenaline or airplane w/ Hoffman, I'm taking a shot.