or Connect

Posts by DevinFitz

Tom,   I think if you are swinging 103 with driver I would not consider messing with your hip action.  The deceleration you see tends to happen when the upper body and arms fire.  So far I have not seen anyone capable of physically trying to decelerate their hips. The drills in Golf MTRx for deceleration tend to have to do with engaging the upper body sooner and stabilizing the low body.     You seem to have good numbers and speed.  There are great golfers that don't...
I just came across this thread and thought I could offer some insight so you can continue to get some benefit from the app.   Erik is right, there are few great golfers that would probably not score the best on the app due to swing style or physical limitations.  I also see plenty of Junior Golfers that score 100 on the app but make terrible contact with the ball because they are hyper mobile and the rest of the golf swing isn't strong enough to match up with their hips. ...
Hi guys, This is a cool thread and Im sure happy to see Golf MTRx in it.   This is an interesting discussion and there seems to be a long list of variables that can affect the hips and pelvis in the golf swing.  I can tell you from my experience that trying consciously slow or decelerate the pelvis before impact has disaster written all over it.  But I'm sure there are coaches and players out there trying to implement this because that is the way it looks on video...