or Connect

Posts by Dirt Digger

Every member here has given you good information and what works for me may not work for you.  I hit a power fade and love it.  I don't want to hit a draw and I have been a 1 handicap but now a 9.  Try this and if it works after 30 balls you've fixed it, if not back to the drawing board.  Grip the club with the left hand for a right handed golfer so you see 3 knuckles.  Bring the right hand over the left thumb so you only see the one knuckle of your right index finger. ...
After 57 years playing golf and 25 years teaching golf I have torn both tendons in the right and left forearms.  The surgeon told be he could repair them but could not guarantee the outcome of the operation.  I use a strap on both arms after rubbing them with Icy Hot or other products and I think I have tried them all and I play 18 holes just fine.  Be careful of cortizone because I was told it could cause a fatty liver.  I've had way to much cortizone.  I look like...
Thanks for the replys.  On 18 at my home course I hit a tree with my drive and had 200 yards to the pin.  I took out my trusty 3 iron and played the ball back in my stance and hit the top center of the ball.  The ball was about 5 feet off the ground all the way to the green but went 25 yards over the green.  The Moongoose swing must me more like a low punch shot.  I think we have to find more ways for golfer's to play better, faster because the younger generation is...
This is not a joke!  Has anyone tried the Mongoose golf swing?   If you have please give me some feed back?  Thanks, Dirt Digger.
That happened to me and I felt like I was a burden to the instructor and it was a waste of time.  So I taught myself passed my PAT the first time and became a PGA apprentice. Teach yourself using video and with all the information on the web you can do it and you will feel better about your game. Work hard.
I use the Trevino swing and to hit the ball with a draw, I use an open stance with a strong left hand grip and a weak right hand grip and make a circle 8 swing. To fade the ball I take the club outside and and cut across the ball.  I can't tee the ball high but 1/2 " lower.  It corrects the over the top swing. I turn the left hip back and post on a straight left leg.  If the up right swing doesn't work for you give this swing a try.  I have never had any injuries...
JH really knows how to teach and explain the correct moves in a golf swing. He is as good as any teacher out there and I am grateful for his message.
I wish I could say it is easy.  Some days you can do nothing wrong and some days it doesn't go as well.   These are suggestions that I have found work for me and other students. I hope it will help someone but I know not everyone can feel the same type of swing I describe and that is why there are many swing theory's  out there.  Find the one that works best for you and stay with it.
First I'm all for having clubs that fit your swing speed, lie angle, loft, correct grip etc. I have repaired, fitted, re-gripped or built clubs for about 54 major winners on all tours out there. I also know you have to work out and keep flexible and practice.   The eyes are not talked about to much in the golf swing.   Next time on the practice range look at the front of the ball and swing.   After you get use to this, look and inch in front of the ball...
Remember on the back swing let the arms follow the shoulders.  This may be more inside than you are use to.  Now all you have to is turn the hips and drive the right knee toward the left knee .  Do this is slow motion and you will see your hands are ahead of the club head and your right elbow is next to your side letting the lower body swing the arms.  It works, no over the top.