or Connect

Posts by kurtwainwright

I dunno Gerald... I'll be listening in for the answer myself!    I am having similar problems.  At first I thought I was simply having alignment problems.  So I slowed down my pre-shot routine and really concentrated on that one tiny blade of grass 8 inches in front of the ball as my psuedo aimpoint.  So nope... it's not alignment.  I'm definitely pushing it left, just like you described.  Then I try to compensate for it by aiming 5 degrees right.. and yep.. you...
At age 52, and not having played much in the past 10 years??  You need PGA Master Professional Don "The Swing Surgeon" Trahan. He teaches at Old South Golf Links in Bluffton, SC between Savannah and Hilton Head.  PGA Tour player D.J. Trahan is his son. 
I can beat that last post.  I go to a nearby driving range in the colder months because it's one of the few who have indoor/heated hitting areas.  The yardage markers are all jacked up.  I don't know who put them out there, but apparently that person doesn't know a darn thing about golf.  The hitting stalls all point toward the center of the range in a gradual U-shape.  But the yardage markers are in straight lines.  So I end up having to do TRIGONOMETRY to figure out my...
  Sorry, none of those are it either.  Maybe the product never "caught on" and it doesn't exist. I suppose I'll just make my own.  Thanks for the feedback all.  
No.  That's not the product I saw.  Forgive me if I'm wrong, because I've never held a TR3 SpeedStik in my life, but isn't it weighted??  
I'm 37 years old... and picked up the game of golf at age 32.  I never had the luxury of playing golf in my youth.  I'm a firm believer that if I had, I'd be a better golfer today.  As is.. my "in control" club head speed for the driver is somewhere in the lower 90 MPH range.  My goal is to gradually bump up my club head speed over time, and eventually have a CHS in the lower 100 MPH range.   I want to find a pre-round training aid that will help my body promote...
I've been told by an experienced golf fitter that the best driver shaft selection for my physical body measurements, m swing and my 92 MPH CHS is a Matrix Ozik XCon 6 R-flex, cut to 44 inches.   My current driver has a Matrix Ozik XCon 5.5 S-flex.  Apparently the 5.5 is especially made for Taylormade to put in their r7 Limited drivers from 2008, because I can't find a shred of data on it.   Looking at the specs for a stock length XCon 6 R-flex as follows: Weight...
Well after watching it on The Golf Channel last night, I feel somewhat redeemed. I walked 36 holes, Bandon Dunes + Pacific Dunes, carrying my own bag. They wrre using caddies. So when this guy pulled off his socks after the first 36, and there was BLOOD, I literally laughed out loud! I had blisters, but no blood. What a wuss. hehe They did impose some gentleman's rules between him and his playing partner in order to finish before sunset. No practice swings were...
I can't hit my drives 264 yards. That is amazing. But I think Tiger's best iron shot was the 8-iron from 185 yards -- wasn't it in the 2008 US Open? -- from the adjacent fairway, over the trees, to a peninsula green.
22-ish handicap. But I am fairly "dialed in" with my 8-iron from 138 yards. I'd take that shot any day, over a 'tween shot from 70 yards.