or Connect

Posts by Guillaume

No worries , and thanks for support. Writing on TST is a way to share my passion for golf with other nuts like me, but also a means trying to improve my English.So feel free to correct me, I will never be embarrassed to figure in this thread.By the way, if some have questions about French or France (for a golf trip advises for ex), I will be happy to help.
Thank you, everything to help with my poor Frenchie english is welcomed! But I must warn you, there's a lot of job to do!
Thank you for those answers. It certainly is an explanation. And  grumpy Shorty, sorry but I'm not a braggart, I absolutly agree when you say in other terms that nobody give a shit about how far I can hit it. That 's not the question and I know a bunch of athletic guys able to achieve such distance. Nosevi, your constructive approach helps a lot, and probably the setting is involved. My club pro owns a FlightScope, I will try to recreate the shot being sure the mode is...
I guarantee that shot is a good wedge shot. All the guys around the scope were pretty impressed and the demoman told me it was an impressive shot. (Why I made a screen picture). I swing my driver about 115/120 mph. I use to throw javelin, so I kept some rapid fibers from that time! It 's possible the datas are erroneous, but it 's for sure the ball traveled those 140 yds or so, as we observed it on the range. It really was a pure shot, but how can we explain a 1.17 smash...
  Hello, I need a skilled Trackman or FlightScope operator to help me to understand what happened during this shot? It was pretty huge so I decided to keep a picture of the FlightScope's screen. I made it with a 56° Nike forged wedge on a demo day. I'd like to know the correlation between "angle of attack" and "dynamic loft".   Plus , who knows what is a "correct" smash factor for a wedge, 7 iron and driver?   Thank you guys for answers.
A weird story . But I wish I was as Lucky as you are, the R9 supertri stays my favourite driver 's head of all times, and I Keep playing it those days. I broke two of them from 2010 (the metal breaks on the crown, as it often does with big hitters)  so I m still in search for best price good condition Supertri heads. Though my last one is still in good shape. I ll certainly buy one or two more as it becomes tougher to find in very good condition here in France. My...
Maybe the next step in the rules of golf. By making the game ever and ever easier, the equipment could be restricted. What about a 12 clubs bag? Back in times players did not had 60s or "gap" wedges. Not talking about big headed drivers , it could be a way to render the game a way to defend himself...
Just back from the practice range, where I hit 300 balls. They are just what I had expected, not really pretty clubs, but frighteningly efficient! The X stiff is the good choice for me, as they are not really strongly hard. They fit my tempo well and I have my average distances, but with much more consistency in the results and a big amount of confidence at adress. My previous little head Launchers 2005 were definitly too compact for me, though they are extremly good...
What about Laetitia Casta french flair?        
I started the game 6 years ago, I m a pure product of the modern gear era. Last summer a non-golfer friend gave me an old persimmon Ben Hogan 4 wood with a stiff steel shaft assuming it was not a pricey present, but only a memorabilia I should be happy to own.   He was just right. After taking few hours sanding it and giving a new tint I brought it to the range. What a surprise! Quite easy to hit and what a whack! I claim I had my actual modern cleveland 5 wood...