or Connect

Posts by Guillaume

A weird story . But I wish I was as Lucky as you are, the R9 supertri stays my favourite driver 's head of all times, and I Keep playing it those days. I broke two of them from 2010 (the metal breaks on the crown, as it often does with big hitters)  so I m still in search for best price good condition Supertri heads. Though my last one is still in good shape. I ll certainly buy one or two more as it becomes tougher to find in very good condition here in France. My...
Maybe the next step in the rules of golf. By making the game ever and ever easier, the equipment could be restricted. What about a 12 clubs bag? Back in times players did not had 60s or "gap" wedges. Not talking about big headed drivers , it could be a way to render the game a way to defend himself...
Just back from the practice range, where I hit 300 balls. They are just what I had expected, not really pretty clubs, but frighteningly efficient! The X stiff is the good choice for me, as they are not really strongly hard. They fit my tempo well and I have my average distances, but with much more consistency in the results and a big amount of confidence at adress. My previous little head Launchers 2005 were definitly too compact for me, though they are extremly good...
What about Laetitia Casta french flair?        
I started the game 6 years ago, I m a pure product of the modern gear era. Last summer a non-golfer friend gave me an old persimmon Ben Hogan 4 wood with a stiff steel shaft assuming it was not a pricey present, but only a memorabilia I should be happy to own.   He was just right. After taking few hours sanding it and giving a new tint I brought it to the range. What a surprise! Quite easy to hit and what a whack! I claim I had my actual modern cleveland 5 wood...
I ordered mines today at last. 3 and 5 woods + 23* hybrid with Myazaki C Kua 59 shafts (X stiff 63gr). Hope I had not made a mistake... Cause my wife won't allow me a second chance to buy clubs this year (just bought a new set of ping S56 + the matching 3 tour S wedges on KBS shafts...) Will see.
Turtleback,   They are sure the 2012 , cause 2011 had only the hybrids line . Fairways Mashie line came for 2012 as the irons . And the sole design on the new hybrids changed slightly. Cleveland kept them in their 2013 catalog but won't release the Mashie woods no more. Waiting for your feed back.
When I started the game 6 years ago an old pro teacher gave me a set of very used wilson staff FG 49. Not the best gear for a beginner. I quickly switched to an inesis game improvement set. it last me 3 years and lead me to a 12.5 hdc. Inesis is a very well known brand... in France. Now playing Ping 's S56 I sometimes give a go to my former little old pure blades, just for the fun of it!
Thanks a lot WUTiger. Yes the catalog helps. I will be able to refine my choice. Such demo days are organized here at spring too, but problem is they' ll show the 2013 gear and I won 't be able to hit the 2012 woods  I'm aiming at. Plus, for this year Cleveland goes with the c kua 39 shaft , no more the 59 you 're talking about. The mashie wood line disapears from the Cleveland catalog for 2013. The mashie hybrid becoming the "classic" (same shape + rails and...
Thanks for the advices. Difficult to find many reviews about those clubs. It seems  like they are eclipsed by more noisy products from TM for example. I think there is nothing to say much about the hybrids which are maybe a bit sad looking, but perform just the way they are asked. Now , concerning the woods , some says despite they are not in the lights of the  hype they can outperform such others as RBZ. What do you think about this statement? I need to deepen my...