or Connect

Posts by flymojames

play your way through the bad times,it does eventually get better.
played Saturday morning in the weekly competition. my iron play was very hot with 9 greens in regulation.my driving was not to bad except for a crazy OB on 4th hole which went over a road and into a herd of cattle.With  1 three putt .1 OB.11 pars and 1 birdie. I finished shooting a 79  ,which im more than happy with after last weeks game  an 89.
Thanks .I,ll take that on board and let you know how I do over weekend.
Played horrible yesterday. ZERO fairways hit out of 13. 7 greens in regulations.5 par 3s all parred. Hard to believe I got 2 lessons in Driving in the last 3 weeks. I know if I keep practicing it will all come around. Shot an 86 ,15 over, with 2 double bogies 1 quadruple bogie 8 pars my 2nd shots were not bad ,made some nice recovery shots with my long irons .
yes better weather ,no rain for a change .about 10c and little wind.
I have not posted since January I played sunday .I shot a 79 ,it felt much worse only 7 gir and 4 f,i,r. I scrambled like hell and made some putts .finished  8 pars 2 birdies .but disaster on 2 of last 3 holes ..with  2 double bogies.
First game back in over a month.Home course is like a bog after all the recent rain. 6 inch placing everywhere bar the bunkers.Started off pulling my drives on  first 4 holes ,luckily my mid irons were not to bad and I made some nice long putts which is a change. Finished with 9 pars and 9 bogeys which I was delighted with.Hope it  continues.
Its a month since my last game.I was as rusty as hell.only 1 fairway hit all day and only 4 g.i.r. my iron play got me out of a lot of trouble.I somehow managed to get through 17 holes without a double bogey,then I finished with a triple.I I finished 3 over my handicap,but it felt much worse.
Its that time of year again.Today we played for Turkeys. I hit only 3 fairways today ,8 greens in regulation.The only thing that was very good was from 140 -100 yard out. I genuinely had 8 birdie putts inside 15 foot. Only made 1 3 putted twice ,once from about 8foot.I had 2 sevens and 1 nine'. Finished with an 87. If I continue like this ill starve for xmas.
28 putts fantastic stuff. if only I could putt.