or Connect

Posts by Club Rat

Last month I hit a bad line drive tee shot out to the right towards three large pine trees. I saw it take a bounce into the second tree from the tee. We looked around, under, and beyond the pines for a few moments and I walked to the area which I had seen it entered and looked up. There it sat on a branch, slightly above shoulder height.   I had a good chuckle with my buddies and then hit the ball off the limb.   I had another unusual spotting of a ball resting on a...
I play mostly on zoysia fairways and seldom take divots. Love to play on bent grass, then it's a small patch to trimming the grass.   Club Rat
Here's a video for installing Pure grips - http://www.puregrips.com/tapeless_installation/   The installation of PURE Grips requires no adhesive tapes or solvents. Using our proprietary quick-connecting tools, the simple power of air pressure installs our grips as securely as any adhesive tape. Once installed on a steel or graphite shaft, the grip provides optimal stability while the elasticity of the rubber combines with friction to create "rubber memory," ensuring the...
Wet, soggy, sponge conditions, especially on dormant zoysia turf, are usually not a ton of fun. Full swing shots requires hitting the ball first. Hitting slightly behind the ball will usually be a shot off the top portion of the club face, or worse, a totally fat shot. A sweeping arc with a small brushing divot, is a safe manner for spring play.   Moisture between the ball and club face during contact is inevitable, so club up and swing in control for the best...
That's a whole lotsa typing guys.... Thanks and congrats to you guys for all the enjoyable comments, arguments, trash talkin', photos, suggestions, on an on   Club Rat
I've played this game for over 30 years and would need to write a book to extend the many thanks the game has treated me to.   So, I just keep it simple and say "thank you golf for the wonderful journey it has provided."   Club Rat
There are many "second hand golf stores" through out the US, if you live near any city which you can buy quality golf gear/clubs. There, you can try an item before making a decision on a purchase.   If your looking for a specific item, then shop on Ebay or golf forums for items. If your looking for "new equipment" wait for items to go on sale at reduced prices.   Club Rat
Not sure if this photo was taken this week at the club, but it's too funny not to share....   Club Rat  
As much as I like the KickX tour ball, I am also dealing with their "promotional marketing headache" I ordered a dozen when they were advertised on the Golf Channel back in February ($.99 shipping deal and kept the balls and was later that month charged $29.95   On Monday, I noticed I had a charge from them for $29.95 I called them and ask to cancel the order and for a refund. The next day I was refunded only $20.00   I'll be giving them a call tomorrow to inquire...
@snellgolf, just wanted to add to my earlier post, I emailed my friend who is a Bridgestone Rep back in February about your new products. His reply was that he knew you had been with TM and spoke very highly of your talents and that you are well respected by your peers in the industry.   Club Rat