or Connect

Posts by Club Rat

@Pretzel  You asked politely several times, most players would only need to ask once and maybe overlook a second occurrence.This situation was getting out of hand and you should have called for a rules official or the pro staff and this would stop the nonsense.As @iacas indicated  "It's not just a courtesy. It's in the Rules of Golf." This clearly was due to the immaturity of the player and his girlfriend/caddie.You may never have an occurrence of this again, but now you...
 Great advice !!!   A friend asked me to work over his 64* Lob. I ground 2*-3* of the bounce of the back end and it worked very well in hard pan bunkers.I use the key you mention with most of my short side bunker shots (throw the face down hard at the ball) with my 60*My success is generally good enough to have a decent chance of making the putt for a save, or two putt and move on. I used to practice hitting my lob, sand, and gap wedges off of a small piece of plywood at...
OK, then the items you need to address are simply - "Club Length and Lie Angle"Use the above methods I mentioned to check them.Once you know the measurement of your "wrist to ground" then there is a standard chart which describes proper club length. To check "lie angle" simply place masking tape on the sole of the club and take a practice swing on a thin piece of plywood (1/4" works best"Then look at the sole to identify where the sole impact tears the tape. If it is...
 There are two keys you should first check which are usually free services at most golf shops. Simply go to a store and speak with a salesman, indicate you are interested in purchasing new clubs.Mention any history of clubs would be interested in trying or have used or would like to try.Ask them to measure you wrist from the floor for proper length (you can also do this at home with a yardstick)This measurement is the basics to determine proper length of clubs.(at your...
Wife and I played in our club's annual couples championship. (The Divorce Open) Modified Alternate shot, we had a score of 76, four over par. Our best ever playing together in this event - tied for low gross. Lost in the playoff on first hole, but we had a grrrrrreeeeaaat day.   I think she'll keep me around for another year.   Club Rat 
Very nice Mr. Desmond !!!   To add another tune ......  "Your as good as you feel" ...... and my favorite saying...... "you will look marvelous" .......    Club Rat
That's really cool,   I'd bet @David in FL get's a bone'r  when he see this thread !!!   Club Rat
I've been wearing it over my golf shorts while I play. I may try it under the shorts at home, but doubt I would during golf.   Club Rat
I've used the Serola belt this past week and plan to use it one more week before I write the review. It has provided support and relief to the lower area of my back which has been sore for the past month. Tuesday was quite warm, 98* in the afternoon, I removed the belt a few times during my round.   I have shown the belt to several friends and they may purchase one to try.   With the use of the Serola belt, I have been able to play golf pain free.   Club Rat
@StBarnard, seeing you are a probably new to the game, club fitting will provide you with the "proper length and lie" of clubs. Determining other factors of club fitting you will learn as you progress when you improve. My suggestion if you purchase a set of used "Pings" simply have a "lie test".Then have them adjusted Determining the proper length, is a simple.Shaft length can be either cut off or extended. Usually it is best to buy used clubs which are near or close to...