or Connect

Posts by txstroker

I have a few sets for irons (Taylormade rac forged cb's and Miura CB-201's to name two); even though I was shooting well with the rac's and the Miuras, I too had a yearning to play blades and recently bought a set.  I told myself, if the blades didn't work out, I could always go back to my old clubs.  As it turns out, the blades are working out great and I'm not having near as much trouble with them as I feared.  In fact, I'm actually striking the blades quite well and...
I recently purchased a set of Wilson Staff Fg 59's from Golfio.com (it was their last set).  I was in the market for a set of forged blades and was impressed with the reviews I read on the Wilson Staff Fg 59's and the newer model, the FG 62's.  I bought the 59's because I wanted the smaller clubhead size and I could not be happier - the clubs look great, feel great and hit the ball great.  My previous set of irons (which I still have by the way) are Miura CB-201's which...
Rather than recomend a specific club, my recomendation is determine if you want to progress from a Game Improvement iron to a Player's iron.  Then decide if you want to try a forged club or stick with cast.  Knowing no more than what I've read here, my thoughts are you should progress to a Player's iron and go with forged.  If you're ready to start shaping your shots, you'll apprreciate the forged irons.   There has been good advice on this thread to get fit, I agree...
I use the Club Glove Gloveskins and they keep my forged irons in good condition; the money I have invested in the irons justifies it in my opinion.  I understand they're not for everybody but anybody who states they impact the speed of play or are time consuming is simply mistaken.  I remove the headcover from the club as I walk up on the ball, put it in my pocket during the shot and replace it back on the club as I walk back to the cart.  It's that simple.  You would be...
My regular playing partner bought a set of 1 Iron clubs (3 iron through Lob Wedge) about a month ago; while I was somewhat skeptical, I was interested to see how it would impact his game.  He is a 12 handicap and a pretty good ball striker and has been playing Mizuno Mx 200 irons for a few years now.  We played a tough course last week and he used his 1 Irons, it was only the second time he played with them and shot quite well.  I was amazed at how well he struck the...