or Connect

Posts by kenstl

Started the season at 12.5 and have been slowly working my way down with a goal of single digits this year. I am currently at a 10.3, need some good rounds to end the year!
Here a few photos I took. They include a Mizuno TZoid 1 iron I had laying around for a comparison. I agree with other poster, you can't beat these clubs, they are that good. The low price is just a huge bonus
 The sole of the club is a little larger that a lot of the blades on the market, but I do not notice it all from the top side of the clubs.  That being said, they are not as large as what you would see on player improvement clubs.  I'll take a couple of pictures and post them for you.   
My swing speed with a 6 iron is usually around 87. I usually hit 6 iron 175-180. I used to be my 190 club but I am really working on 80% swings and it has been helping me with accuracy. My driver swing speed is 100-105. I know my stats would point me to a x100 shaft but frankly, I have not noticed any difference. Your results may vary, but I still think length, swing weight and feel are more important.
 I have always played True Temper S300 in the past.  I ordered this set with the True Temper Dynalite Gold SL w/sensicore in the X100 and have been very pleased with them.  They were on sale at the time, I think I was around $340 all in on the set, a great deal overall.  I have had many others hit the irons at the range and they have been very impressed with the feel of the irons.  Go for it, you will not be disappointed.  If you are a higher handicap golfer, you may want...
Dwade, I have played the TE irons for a year and a half now and I am a big fan. I had always been a Mizuno iron player but I have to say I love the TE irons and they are very affordable. I really like the minimal .100 offset that is consistent throughout the set. I purchased the 4-GW. They have a nice thin top line, clean shape, and they are very forgiving compared to the MP62s I was playing. I also play the Maltby tour Grind wedges switching from Cleveland wedges...
I had the pleasure of playing with John this past week at his clubs guest day. Thanks again John for a great day of golf! It was a lot fun and John was a real trooper putting up with my game while playing in the rain for most of the day" . John has a solid and consistent game, fun to watch. If anyone ever has the chance, take John up on his offer to play. Winghaven is a very nice course but more important, everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming to the guests, a...
I could not agree with this more. I am dropping my 60 degree wedge as well. I have a 47 deg PW, 51 GW, 56 SW and used to carry a 60 LWwith 8 deg bounce. I found myself using it less and less as I can make all of the shot with my 56 SW when needed. Choking down on club, moving ball from back foot to front, etc. I have had more confidence sticking with the 56 vs having one more option with the 60, a club that I had to always worry about lie, length of rough, thick zoysia...
2014 Goals - get fitted for new driver - improve off of the tee. Too many ob's (I'll hit a wedge if I have too:-D) - currently a 12, get to single digit HC - improve GIR from last year
Excalibur Maduro III or lately I have been hooked on Alec Bradely Nica Puro in the Gordo!