or Connect

Posts by Elrey Desol

i enjoy playing solo. i work in an industry where i talk to The General Public face-to-face for hours every day, so getting some time alone to chill out is good for mental health.   at my local course, i can usually get out on Monday AM right after the Men's Club tees off and get in leisurely round. turn on some music and maybe a beer or two on a warm day and i can just focus on myself and my game.   i am fortunate that when/if i join up with someone else during the...
 i like the Studs and Scrubs here. McNeill is a great punt at that price.
   20' for our foursome. just silly.
  [drift] our scramble team shot 48 two weeks ago with those in play. 2nd place shot 49. ridiculous. [/drift]
lots of good info in here, thanks!   with this links-type course, i'm guessing the winner will have to use some imagination out there to get it done.   FIGJAM aside, who do you all think has the most creative game in the field this week?
i'm in at DK for the US Open. current lineup:   Putnam ($6300) - relatively cheap, and it's his "home" course Poulter ($7400) - apparently he's got an "undisclosed injury" but did play a practice round on Monday. might have to fade him Reed ($8500) - only one MC so far this year. he's played CB previously. Speith ($12600) - upside: game is in top form, his caddy is very familar with CB...downside: he's expensive and will be highly owned (my guess is > 50%) Koepka...
Neo Ghost Update 2:   - played a different, though, adjacent course to the one on Sunday. - Ghost found the course w/in about 5 minutes of "searching," which was fine given our tee time and wait to go off - comparing yardage from Tee to hazards, as well as from fairway markers - i.e. 150, 125, 100, 75 - was w/in a yard or two (at most) to what the Ghost provided - did not run into any issues with the unit turning off automatically like on the previous round, though i...
Neo Ghost update 1:   - picked up the last one at the Local Retailer on Saturday night. $99 (after rebate) plus tax. - Ghost comes with instructions, USB cable, and belt clip - unit was 85% charged out of the box - i'm fairly interwebz literate, so the setup wasn't too arduous. had to create an account at iGolf.com to register the unit and sync it up (about 15 minutes). - i was able to do a few things with the Ghost sitting on the couch, like set the date and...
glad to see this thread today. i was looking at rangefinders, but the price point for highly rated ones seem to be on the steep side ($250+).   i then saw a review for the Bushnell Neo Ghost, and that's where i'm leaning. i don't need much more than distance to front, middle, and back, and 4 hazards/hole seems like plenty.   the ******** near me has it on sale for $99. assuming their 90 Return Policy applies to electronics, i will pick this up and give it a run this...
i've got a bullet for the DK Masters Milly. will probably pick up a couple more leading up to the weekend.