or Connect

Posts by Elrey Desol

can we safely say that the first leg of the Trunk Slam is complete?
pulling hard for Watney and Levin. got them both in Daily Fantasy, and both are < 5% owned. would be nice to see Fowler play well too.
#18 at Hiddenbrooke in Vallejo, CA is a par 5. my buddy pikes a drive and has about 240 in. he decides he's going to go for the green and waits for the group ahead to clear.   i'm still not sure how these morons did it, but as they left the green they put the flagstick back in the hole in such a manner that it was leaning left at about a 35 degree angle.   my buddy, shaking his head and muttering obscenities at them, then proceeds to rip a 3W which hits the flagstick -...
83 at the home course yesterday.   had a great start w/ bogey/birdie/bogey/par and scrambled all day like a mo/fo.   The Good: hit 8 fairways, had six pars + a birdie, no balls OB or wet, read putts really well   The Meh: four GIR, 28 putts (a result of a lot of missed greens and some lucky bounces), a three putt   The Suck: not a whole lot to complain about...had two birdie putts lip out, distances w/ irons seemed to be short by about a club (not sure what's up...
though more recent, i was digging Patrick Reed's "shhhh" at the Ryder Cup.   yes, it was cocky and the US didn't win, so it came off as gauche. that said, i loved some attitude from a US player on a world stage...it's sorely needed.   personally, i will throw out a tiny fist pump after a birdie, but that's about it. happy to high-five any playing partners after they hit a good shot though.
88 at the home course this afternoon.   continued the theme of good start (par) and crap (triple, double) before finding some kind of rhythm.   The Good: hit 8 GIR, made 7 pars and a birdie   The Meh: four fairways hit, 11 misses to the RH (better than the pull/hook than a few days back), 35 putts   The Suck: 3 Three-putts, two balls OB (and awful OB, like toeing a hybrid dead right on a 75 degree angle...twice), bad course management on three holes....trying to...
first round since early November 2014 today.   started par, triple, par, double and cruised to a smooth 96 on my home course.   The Good: hit 5 fairways, made 5 pars on the front (including three in a row on #7,#8,#9)   The Meh: missed all birdie putts, only had 5 GIRs for the day   The Suck: shot 50 on the back, put 3 balls OB off the tee (all left) between #14 and #18, did not make a par on the back nine, topped two drives   The Conclusion: after a great...
two hours ago:   short par 4 (375). dogleg right. hit 3W to the LH side of the fairway. course was "carts only" so i had to guess on my yardage, and picked PW before walking to the ball, thinking it was about 115.   got there, and it was more like 130 into the breeze. lazy, i decided not to walk back and grab the 9i, and i put a perfect swing on the PW. knocked it to 8'. i wasn't impressed with the distance, which was probably at the outer-limits of that club, but more...
no love for Stricker? with the way he putts and his short game, i think he's got as good a shot as Scott, Blixt, or Rory.   picked Dufner at 33/1 on Wednesday, so that's my guy for the afternoon.
last week, the idiots (that's putting it kindly) in the group ahead of us couldn't figure out how to put the pin back in the hole when they were done with the hole. for example, they did such a crappy job on #16, the wind blew the flag down as we were hitting our approach shots. on #18, par 5 540 down wind, the flag was sitting at about a 20 degree angle in the cup after the group in front of us were done. my playing partner has 250 to the green, from a side-hill lie...