or Connect

Posts by boil3rmak3r

We get it, you own a law firm.  Believe it or not, some of us make very good money as well...  The fact that your wife "runs the office" is an indicator to me that you may be limiting her.  My wife would never want to run my office.  She has her own ambitions...  Another way to control her??? All I'm saying is, stop giving relationship advice.  Talk golf related stuff, not how to control a woman.
My answer is the exact same.  Mow the lawn, take my girls to volleyball/soccer practices, attend their games, work around the house, hang out and watch TV together at night...  It's pretty easy for me to know when I shouldn't go golfing... In fact, I'll pass up golfing anytime my girls suggest hanging out together.  I would much rather kick a ball around in the  back yard with my girls than golf.  Luckily, like my wife, they'd often rather sleep in on the weekends.   Duff...
Repair what? The previous damage on the green, the fresh divot you made, or both?I'm not a fan of anyone choosing this option in casual play. You, specifically, may be good enough to not take a divot 100% of the time, but most golfers can't guarantee they wouldn't.
I agree that, if you can't find your ball, it would be unfair to others to assume you knew about where it went...    I think this rule should be strictly adhered to in any tournament play.  I don't think it'd be a bad idea for the USGA to point out pace of play issues and "suggest" that, in a casual round on a busy course, you and your playing partners consider taking a stroke and distance penalty.  If you choose that option, you must post the LOWER of par plus...
I can see why some people automatically think cheating had to have occurred if a team posts a stupid-low number. Prior to last year, all of my scramble experiences were pretty much as me being the "A" player. Scores generally ranged from E to -7. Last year, I played a scramble where two of our guys were near scratch, one was a -2 HI, and I was the duffer with a -7 HI. We shot 17 under - 1 eagle, 15 birdies, and 2 pars. No cheating took place... We had 18 GIR,...
I enjoy watching really good amateurs play golf.  In some way, I think it may give me hope that anyone can become a good golfer without being a tour player.  I watched a lot of the TV coverage this weekend and 3 things really stood out to me.   1.  After what Sean Crocker did to his opponent on the final hole of one of his matches, I wanted him to get drummed in his next match.  I couldn't find video of it, but here is an article I found: ...
I've had rounds where I didn't score well, but I felt good about how I played. I've also posted good scores and felt like my game was crap. During a round, though, I pretty much know where I stand. I write my score on the card after every hole, so it's hard not to have an idea of where I stand.
I still go back to my own property. If it seems fairly innocent as to why someone steps foot on my lawn to retrieve something of theirs, that's fine by me. If they appear to be snooping around my house, that would send up a red flag. That's why I would trespass "a little bit".I couldn't imagine hopping a fence to get my golf ball 😧
Hole number 5 at my home course has OB right.  If you hit a big push or slice, you can easily end up across the road and into the front lawn of a homeowner.  What are your thoughts as to whether a golfer should retrieve their golf ball?   I voted #2 - If it's only a little ways onto their lawn, I'll go get it really quickly.   I figure it's sort of like when my neighbor's kids have their baseball (or football, or Frisbee, or whatever) come onto my lawn, I am ok with...
I play with my father at his home course a few times per year. The "sand traps" there are laughable. If you wiggle your ankles to dig your feet in, you hardly even scratch the surface. I use Erik's pitching techniique for these shots (it's a thread on this site, I just don't know how to link it via my phone - maybe someone else can). I use a 60* wedge with 20*+ bounce. Works very well. Prior to using that technique, I'd try a traditional sand shot and would skull...