or Connect

Posts by boil3rmak3r

I really like this time of year for golf.  The weather is warming and the ground is starting to firm up.  For a number of weeks, my golf group was playing in 40* weather and the ball just didn't go anywhere.  Basically, you had to hit 1 or 2 clubs more on virtually every shot.  To add to it, the ground was mushy and drives would get no roll.  All this made the course play much longer.  After a while, it makes you wonder if you've lost a little something since last year and...
Better eyesight?The only guys I've personally known to have this problem had terrible eyesight. These guys literally asked their playing partners on the first tee if they could watch their ball for them. Otherwise, there could end up being 4 or 5 lost balls just because no one saw it.
My club had it's opening day tournament this weekend and I finally felt like the winter rust is working itself out of my swing. Also, I'm getting my touch on the greens back... I ended up with a 78 (par 72) and placed 2nd in gross total. I was really surprised at that, because there were a dozen or so guys with lower handicaps than mine in the event. I guess they are still shaking off the winter rust as well. On another note, with warmer temperatures and the ground...
I think this is a great question!  My answer will probably not be for everyone, so take it for what it's worth...   I've been golfing seriously for 15 years, or so.  I did my own thing without taking any lessons for the first 6 years.  When I finally did take lessons, I got really frustrated because it made me worse, so I simply abandoned lessons.   About 3 years ago, I decided to really work on my game.  I basically decided to make golf my hobby (I was not married at...
That's pretty much my answer, too.I do believe it's really important to visualize the shot, have THE SAME pre-shot routine every time, and only take 1 swing thought to the course. If I get lackadaisical during my round with any of those, I'll tell via the results.For example, my waggle is nothing more than a reminder of the tempo I want to achieve with the swing. I pick up the club (representing the takeaway), waggle it back (representing the transition), and waggle it...
You think her body is THAT great? It's nice that she's thin, but I think she borders on looking anorexic. She needs to add a little more muscle to those bones... The cover photo is the only one I've seen of hers, so maybe I wouldn't think this if I saw other pics....
I'm glad you've had success with the TE's. Like you, I love the thin top line and the minimal offset. I haven't played/practiced much yet, but they feel pretty good so far. The one thing that I've noticed is that, while they are forgiving, you can really tell when you've hit the sweet spot or not. You can't necessarily tell via direction, but you definitely can with distance. My RAZRX's don't lose as much distance on off center hits. I figure, though, that this'll...
You don't have it in Texas... I'm in Indiana. During the winter months, the handicap system is shut down. You can't enter scores during this time.
I tried to find a negative review of the TE's online, but didn't find a single one. The TE's are similar in terms of forgiveness to my RAZRX's. The main reason I bought them was to be able to play a forgiving club that didn't look/feel like a shovel.Yeah, I could care less what anyone else thinks. To be honest, I'm guessing none of the guys in my choose up will even notice I'm gaming new clubs.Yeah, these things aren't worth much used... I don't care, though. I've...
I'm curious what others think about component clubs.  Would you ever game them over major manufacturer brands?  Do you feel component clubs are inferior to the major brands?   I wanted a club that looked more "player-like", but still provided the forgiveness my current irons provided me.  After some research, I decided to test a Maltby TE Forged 7 iron.  I hit the Maltby side-by-side with my Callaway RAZR X 7 iron and decided to buy the complete Maltby set (4 thru...