or Connect

Posts by boil3rmak3r

I can see why some people automatically think cheating had to have occurred if a team posts a stupid-low number. Prior to last year, all of my scramble experiences were pretty much as me being the "A" player. Scores generally ranged from E to -7. Last year, I played a scramble where two of our guys were near scratch, one was a -2 HI, and I was the duffer with a -7 HI. We shot 17 under - 1 eagle, 15 birdies, and 2 pars. No cheating took place... We had 18 GIR,...
I enjoy watching really good amateurs play golf.  In some way, I think it may give me hope that anyone can become a good golfer without being a tour player.  I watched a lot of the TV coverage this weekend and 3 things really stood out to me.   1.  After what Sean Crocker did to his opponent on the final hole of one of his matches, I wanted him to get drummed in his next match.  I couldn't find video of it, but here is an article I found: ...
I've had rounds where I didn't score well, but I felt good about how I played. I've also posted good scores and felt like my game was crap. During a round, though, I pretty much know where I stand. I write my score on the card after every hole, so it's hard not to have an idea of where I stand.
I still go back to my own property. If it seems fairly innocent as to why someone steps foot on my lawn to retrieve something of theirs, that's fine by me. If they appear to be snooping around my house, that would send up a red flag. That's why I would trespass "a little bit".I couldn't imagine hopping a fence to get my golf ball 😧
Hole number 5 at my home course has OB right.  If you hit a big push or slice, you can easily end up across the road and into the front lawn of a homeowner.  What are your thoughts as to whether a golfer should retrieve their golf ball?   I voted #2 - If it's only a little ways onto their lawn, I'll go get it really quickly.   I figure it's sort of like when my neighbor's kids have their baseball (or football, or Frisbee, or whatever) come onto my lawn, I am ok with...
I play with my father at his home course a few times per year. The "sand traps" there are laughable. If you wiggle your ankles to dig your feet in, you hardly even scratch the surface. I use Erik's pitching techniique for these shots (it's a thread on this site, I just don't know how to link it via my phone - maybe someone else can). I use a 60* wedge with 20*+ bounce. Works very well. Prior to using that technique, I'd try a traditional sand shot and would skull...
 Great post.  I purchased the DVD a few months ago.  Your point #6 above is what I think.  It's crazy that people are so adamant that an in-person class is critical.  That's simply not true.  #5 above is the most important thing.  If you can teach yourself to gauge the slope, you will be in great shape.  Whether I took a class or watched the DVD, I'd still have to spend $35 on a digital level and practice on my own.  For those that are wondering....  Don't travel and spend...
MyI agree that no one should do what Ballsyriker suggested and didn't post my thoughts well. My post was intended to be tongue-in-cheek, but I obviously didn't make that clear...Not that this excuses it, but it was 3 am and I was only half-way home from the Blackhawck's triple OT win.I'm such an idiot... 😔
Sounds like a good plan to me. Heck, maybe someone in the group will "get" it an can further teach the others without having to spend the money for the class.
The head golf coach of the college in my town is a member of my club.  He tells all of us that a tailwind will actually knock down our shots and cause them to come up short.  Like others, It's appeared to happen to me at times..  Other times, the wind seemed to help....   I'm surprised there hasn't been an extensive study showing how a tail wind affects a golf ball .  Maybe the 5Sk guys can do this study :).