or Connect

Posts by boil3rmak3r

I am engaged and have friends ūüėú. So, if my fianc√©e has a computer with a pcmi card slot, it would be easy to transfer the video to her computer? If so, how?Fwiw - I haven't looked up how to transfer data from 4 pin FireWire to pcmi.This is promising, however, as my fianc√©e bought a new desktop last year!
I guess I'll head over to the thread about the best cameras to use for Evolvr and shop around ūüėě.
I agree - picking up an old computer just for Evolvr doesn't make sense. And, no, my computer doesn't have a PCMCIA port.Thanks for the advice on not going the DVD burner route. I'd rather spend money on a newer camera than to waste it on a poor attempt to connect an old one.Yeah, my camera is 4 pin. There are 4 pin to USB connectors available, but they are not capable of transferring video.The more I research, the more I think there is no cost effective and quality...
I recently signed up for Evolvr.  I got my Panasonic PV-GS80 video camera out (which uses a mini digital video cassette) to shoot my first video.  This camera can capture videos in very high FPS and would be great for golf swing analysis.  I haven't used the camera in a while.  During the time it's been idle, my old computer crapped out.  To replace the computer, I bought an HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook..  It was fine for what I figured I needed.  Of course, I...
+1. Thanks for posting. I agree that the "lumpy doughnut" makes my last inch comment wrong, but I'm really surprised that folks are saying that watching an actual ball roll near the hole is not that important.@iacas, I would ask you this. Would you make more 8' putts if you watched other balls roll toward the hole, or if you just used Aimpoint?
  I never suggested where to aim putts in any of my posts.  I must have worded what I was trying to say very poorly... Even though you are a pro, your putting isn't much (if any) better than mine.  I learned that from LSW  .  I'll take your challenge anytime.
 Actually, it's very much on the topic that I intended...  While my initial "last inch" comment was a bit extreme, I meant that the slower the putt gets, the more you'll be able to see the true fall line.  On a perfect greeen (with no imperfections), the last inch would be extremely telling...
The Dark Tower series was great! I read a lot of Stephen King in my 20's. Most of them were great. My favorite, though, was The Bachman Books. It was a compilation of four short novels that were all very good. The Long Walk is still one of my favorites.
Yeah, the "last inch" was probably a bit extreme. I know that imperfections in the green can cause a ball to wobble at slow speeds, but I also know that gravity affects a ball much more at slow speeds. So, maybe the better thing to say is the last foot...While I bet you are really good at reading greens, this mentality confuses me (along with @iacas's previous response). Most people's reviews about Aimpoint basically say that longer putts with multiple slopes is an...
I assume you have taken the Aimpoint class? If you had a 10' putt, do you think you'd be more likely to make it solely based on your Aimpoint calculations, or solely based on seeing someone else putt from a different angle to the hole (let's say your putt is from 11:00 and the other putt is from 1:00)?I'm not trying to be snarky. I am sincerely wondering which you would prefer. To me, it seems like a no brainer that I'd want to see an actual ball roll towards the hole...