or Connect

Posts by WillM

I got fitted for an Edel putter yesterday and I am super excited about it! The process is much like the one described in the other posts. It was generally pretty cool to learn about the tech and process behind the fitting and all that good stuff. The main reason I am posting is because there was one part of the fitting that differed from everything I have read and I want to get other Edel users opinions. When we first did the whole laser thing and determined that my...
Are you saying that I should give more time in reference to the shoulder plane or the shaft along the toe line?
Hey welcome to the website!   There have already been some good comments above and I don't want to clutter you with too much... eventually some of the pros around here will get around to helping you as well. They really know what they are talking about.   Anyway, I would say out of everything that people give you, focus on posture first. Your posture is your foundation and if it is not rock solid then any other changes you make will not be effective.   This video is...
I have given up on the shoulder plane... I was just too frustrated over the last two weeks. The moment I stopped thinking about it, I started hitting the ball well again... funny how that works. Anyway, two new things, one from Brian Mogg and one from Dan Carraher. I have kind of been working with both and taking what I like and basing changes on the results I get from them.     I got a video response from Dan about a week ago:   Dan asked me to move a little further...
I have seen a few posts on here about Edel putters and fittings but they looked older and I didn't want to bump an old thread.   Anyway, I got fitted for an Edel putter yesterday and I am super excited about it! The process is much like the one described in the other threads. It was generally pretty cool to learn about the tech and process behind the fitting and all that good stuff.   The main reason I am posting is because there was one part of the fitting that...
This stupid shoulder plane drill has thrown me completely out of whack... I know it is for the best but I have been making compensations in my swing for so long that now, when I get the shoulder plane right, I just hit the ball terribly. Most shots are fat and I also hit maybe 5 out of 100 off the hosel today... Scratch players don't do that... Grrr 
Thank you for the help. It did seem like you were trying to bash him a little bit but I know you had good intentions just trying to give your honest opinion. I loved the online lesson I received from him. He seemed very knowledgeable and I am looking forward to the next time I send him some video
Hey everyone, got an update for ya. So because I am only able to work with Brian Mogg about once a month I started to look into other options that I might be able to use in college. One I found was doing online lessons with a guy named Dan Carraher who works with some guys on the pro tours and seems pretty smart about the golf swing. I figured "what the heck?" and bought one, just to try it. Man I was impressed. The changes he recommended had an immediate impact on my ball...
I ended up doing an online lesson with him so if you guys are interested go check out my "MySwing" thread. Thanks
@iacas Okay, simple enough for the shoulder plane stuff.   I have noticed that I don't turn enough before and it is because I physically can't. My body will not rotate any more than that without pain. I am working with a golf specific trainer which should help but for right now that is my limitation, which is a bummer because I know I need to fix it.