or Connect

Posts by BZCDR

See no reason to lie... Driver - 245 3W - X 5W - 215 4H - 195 5H - 185 6H - 175 7i - 160 8i - 145+ 9i - 135+ PW - 125 AW - 115 SW - 100+ 58* - 90 61* - 75 64* - 60 I'm not spot on with those distances. I suffer from slightly heavy shots and perfect wrist releases that can widen the range of those values. But those are the distances I use when any of those clubs are in my bag.
Well, your comments and advice played a large role in my decision to go with the Nippon, so I'll let you know how they do.
Yeah, the shaft in the 7i I hit on the launch monitor had a KBS shaft in it and the trajectory was higher than my current clubs. The guy I am buying the clubs from recommended the TM shaft as first chouce,nthe NS Pro as a very close second and then the KBS. After reading the comments here, I'm going with the NS Pro. Thanks for the advice!
Actually, going for the green from 215 yds out in order to make par was NOT the best plan. I neglected to that was my second shot on a par 5. The green was below my lie but still an elevated green, with a large, vertical walled bunker in front. Safe play for par was about 180 yds to the left with an easy on in 3. But my score wasn't all that great for the day and I decided to have fun. My point is that I agree that for my level of play going for the center of the...
Interesting comments all around. Paying it safe and going for it are both legit strategies. I played on Friday and went for this tiny green from about 215 out. Ended up with a birdie. But my chances of breaking 80, which is my goal, was already pretty much out of reach.n so why not have some fun? If a par on that hole would have sufficed to finally get me under 80, no way would I have done that. It just depends on the situation. Score-wise, middle of the green is...
With the greens I play on being absurbly small, center is the best idea. But generally the most crucial factor is to allow for either being short or long. In most cases being short is far better than going long.
Not too late at all. I've purchased the clubs but haven't specified the shaft yet. Thanks for joining in. You've made a some very interesting and relative points. First, I have a 50/56 Cleveland 588 RTX wedges with NS Pro shafts and was wondering whether to spend the extra money for the TM wedges in the SpeedBlade irons I'm buying or rely on the current wedges. Not a firm resolution to the problem but definitely good to hearbof your satisfaction. I like those wedges...
Ahh, hindsight........ Already purchased off eBay. My thought was "Who better than the manufacturer?"
Nope, TM in the US. Japanese versions have different shafts flexes, different lies, and I don't feel totally comfortable fitted for custom clubs, at higher costs, by someone that says the SpeedBlades can't have the loft/lie modified when the clubs actually have a notch for such. If there is a quality issue, I don't know if TM Japan will help or not. You would think it wouldn't be a problem, but it's not always the case. Gotta' hope for the best. Thanks for taking a...
Well, I hope the builder has more than a basic knowledge of the build process.......the clubs are being made by TM and drop-shipped. Have you looked at the shaft options for the SpeedBlade irons? I ask because I am not locked into steel. I'm going that way, well, the pros do it? Bad reason, huh? Got some advice somewhere from someone? Not too specific, is it? They cost less? Yeah, that is easy to understand. But I would pay more for clubs that helped my game. So...