or Connect

Posts by BZCDR

In the US I guess I felt a bit more connected to the game. And I feel connected to the courses I play the most, trying to maintain them as much as possible. But here the combination of almost no effort to repair ball marks, local rules placing OB markers SOLELY to increase profits by speeding up play thus allowing yet more golfers into the course, and OB from the tee areas consistently 'requiring' dropping from a drop zone and playing 4 (something dedicated golfers...
Sorry, but that evolved into a rant due to inconsiderate golfers.I move my ball if a minor change of distance results in a much cleaner line. I generally repair the marks anyway, but not with the degree of care I would take with a mark my ball made that was a couple of inches along my line. (A minor bump so early in the roll increases the error.)As for not moving the ball, if it is a sprinkler head where I want my ball to pass over, that's my problem.
Yes, but many of the rules are simply to provide consistent situations on the course for professionals. If I have a 30' putt and there are several ball marks on the first few feet of my putt that can be avoided by moving my ball 6" to one side, leaving me with the same putt, the ball gets moved. If my ball is near the edge of the green and a sprinkler head me requires me to use a wedge rather than my desired putter, and the same 6" takes the sprinkler out of play, I do...
This is just conjecture mixed with wishful thinking, but I think it's possible. As others have said, his putting needs to get back on track, but that should be doable in spite of his injuries. Injuries are a big question though when it comes to other aspects of his game. But I'm just not sure the desire, fire and most of all the confidence, is still there. Maybe it is the bad publicity. Or to a degree resting on his laurels. So it's pissible, but questionable.
the score has the same level of importance to me. Only if I were in a tournament would I try to follow the rules. In such a case, I can see the need to cover all situations. Otherwise, this is not something that even remotely affects my play.
It may be against the rules, but when I play, it's not for money, so there are generally 15, at times 16, clubs in the bag. I just put a new shaft in my 3W and so I took it with me today. For some reason I was having trouble making space, (I use tubes in my compartments), so I pulled out the 5H leaving 15 clubs. Decided at that point I was not going to use my 4H, which actually came back to nip me a bit. You might as well limit the number of tees. Playing on Japanese...
Hit my gap about 105 and my sand 95. It's usually much easier for me to get a bit more distance than it is to swing less than with a full swing.That's why I have a PW, AW, SW, 58* and 62* wedge.
Very nice pic. There are signs on most of the courses I play warning on this one kind of snake here in Japan that is poisonous, but I've never seen one. Usually there is no time to look for a list ball and the areas drop off VERY steeply as a general rule. But I have found a few places to go look when players back up. Incredibly easy to do more than walk in and walk out in less than 5 minutes and have a couple dozen or more balls. But I am always on the lookout for...
Anybody with this problem have a solution? I use a back brace and a ping pong ball cut in half and filled with fiberglass resin. If I put the ball under a Lycra undershirt and the back brace over it, it works fine so far as the hernia goes. But two problems still exist.... First, this works fine except when it gets hot....and very humid as it does here in Japan. With a outer shirt to cover the brace, it gets hot. Second, the low riding back brace interferes with the...
Baby powder did the trick fine for me. I used to have the problem but I lost a little weight and haven't been bothered by it again.