or Connect

Posts by superfly777

Thanks for replying. The standard shafts are different and it is actually 45.5" in the standard XL but 45" in the Custom. But my pro can give me a fitting for no upcharge so I think he can get me which ever shaft (including a load of other shaft options) and length I need.   Other than the adjustability the two heads do seem to be identical. Apparently there's three weight options in the Custom head so I'm assuming one of them is equal to the standard XL but if it...
The new Cleveland Classic XL Driver is being described as the game improvement option and the Custom is being described as the better players version. Obviously the Custom will cost more however surely the added adjustability would actually benefit game improvers more than a lot of better players because the Custom allows you to change face angle which would help mid-handicappers reign in their slices or hooks. I believe both heads are 460cc so the Custom isn't a 'Tour'...
What I would say is try as many different ones as you can and forget about price (other than your upper limit). I went into my see my pro for a putter with the top budget of about £90 ($140ish). He showed me a dozen different styles and various options and models within each style. After swinging everything without a ball I narrowed it down to three mallet putters I liked (1xCleveland and 2xOdessey). I hit all three and although I was perfectly willing to spend the extra...
Thanks. I thought Cleveland was a bigger name in the US so there would be more comments but I've googled and can't find many reviews of the Cleveland woods at all. There's a few about the new driver but even they all just regurgitate the Cleveland marketing material rather than actually reviewing properly by comparing it to other clubs.
Anyone at all tried the Cleveland Classic XL 3W?
Has anyone tested or bought the new Cleveland Classic XL Fairway Wood (3W specifically)?   General questions I have: What standard is it aimed at? Good off both tee and fairway, or notably better at one? I heard there was a draw bias, any comment? How's the distance and forgiveness compared to other 2013 options? Anyone have direct comparisons to other 2013 models (particularly Callaway X Hot 3W)? Custom shafts?   I'm basically looking for a 3W to...
  Thanks. You too.
  The 5W was by MD Golf which is an Irish company. I don't think they're well known in the US but they make good clubs that shoot well above their weight in all product comparison tests, particularly with wedges (still got an MD Gap Wedge). Being a regular flex shaft was definitely a big problem but it was also much more difficult to keep on target in the wind.   I could probably have got used to the 5W in stiff shaft and it would have been good in certain circumstances....
  I agree in part with what you've said, but I still think he should spend less time complaining that hosels are still too big and more time reviewing how the actually adjustability compares to the hosels of other clubs.
I have very mixed feelings about him. Some of his reviews are great and others are absurdly biased. I don't watch his tutorials particularly as I have proper lessons but I reckon they could be good for people who want free advice.   I mainly watch him because he does more club reviews than anyone else I've found on youtube. I've found other channels but they only seem to review on average about one club a month whereas Mark Crossfield at least seems to bring out some...