or Connect

Posts by ralphs007

Hi  What is the reason for setting up left since you don't swing along your stance line. Couldn't you set up square to the target and get the same results. I'm not being argumentative, I just don't understand why you have to set up left. Thanks Ralph 
Hi I'm all set next Saturday for my Aimpoint class ! Thanks to all who helped.
  Thank you both for taking the time to help. I'm going to stop worrying about how accurate the levels are and just take the class. It should be the first or second Saturday coming up in Nov.  It might only be another golfer and I  in the whole clinic if he can't get more golfers  to sigh up.
Hi  Thanks to all who replied.    I'm  interested in learning this system, but If I don't trust the instrument giving me the slope, then I'd have a problem moving to the next step.   I've always said " I wish you could take a lesson to learn how to read a green". When I read about Aimpoint, I thought it was too good to be true.  Using spirit levels , builders levels and lasers my  whole life, I know that a nine inch level would never be trust worthy, to build any thing...
I'm having a hard time understanding how a 9" level could  give you the slope of a green. This size level is good for small things like leveling a picture. I would never use this to hang a door,hanging cabinets  or installing  a counter top. Most doors are only 3'X7' and this level would not be the level to use for this job. So how can this level give you the slope for a 10' putt.  It might give you the slope where the level sits, but that's about it. I was going to take...
Sorry I meant, Yes, but I don't think I'd make too many friends using one.  Not to many friends. 
Yes, but I don't think I'd make to many friends using one, lol. http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/DIY-How-to-Measure-Slope-s/6669.htm
Hi  I'm retiring from the Carpenters Union  in 12.56 days . So I'm getting ready to play some golf !  I have all kinds of spirit levels, 9'', 24" and 48 " . Do I need a digital level or will these be OK.   Thanks
 I would think the 9'' level would also suck. It's really small compared to a green. 
The Pro caught me off guard yesterday when he called me back,Lol. He said right now he's going to run a fall clinic. I told him that maybe I should wait until spring since the golf season is winding down. I was afraid I'd forget what I learned when spring came around. He said I could always come back and sit in on the theory class again, no charge ! He also said that I could practice the system even when I'm not on a golf course.I'm getting excited with the prospect of...