or Connect

Posts by Jumbo Debt

Two moves I like on the downswing while maintaining the same spine angle as at address:   1) Turn hips to the left. 2) Come into impact with hands low.
Tiger Woods like Greg Norman before him, and Tom Watson before him, and Johnny Miller, and Jack Nicklaus, and Sam Snead...    These are the some of the main players who have made golf popular over the decades. So every pro owes part of his paycheck to Tiger in a way because he has caused evrybody's paycheck in golf to grow not just his own.   I watch the San Francisco Giants yet I haven't played ball since Babe Ruth League in the sixties. All golf fans aren't...
Let me add that at 5' 4" and 135 lbs I need to use my hands in order to get the clubhead moving. It was suggested to me that being of slight stature it would benefit me to cock my wrists early in my backswing. After a a year or two of practicing and trying to wrap my head around this idea the work is finally paying off. I finally understand this idea of the sequence of movement in the Five Lessons. 
I tried to 'manufacture' lag for years but without success. Recently I have followed the advice of taking the club back with my left arm only while at the same time setting my wrists in a cocked position early in the backswing. It has improved everything. Finally I hit the ball farther with my irons with a better ball fight and more control. In the backswing I now have time to think about putting my right elbow into my side on the downswing whereas before everything was...
There is something wrong with Chamblee...   I understand he's disappointed that Woods has had some problems. And I think the fact there was a scandal involving Tiger and his family life has really affected Chamblee's judgment. I may be wrong but he seems to be looking for a problem with Tiger ever since that sordid affair. In a country where stars are built only to be torn down Tiger has been a target. Everybody is so disappointed Woods is a human beeing and not that...
I think Chamblee has a problem with himself that he projects onto Tiger Woods.  The problem Chamblee has is he only has one win on the PGA tour and his best show in a major was 18th at the Masters back in 1989 or something. Either that or  it might have something to do with his upbringing if you know what I mean.
"Miller's the only golf commentator I can stomach."   These aren't my words they're Ben Hogan's
I don't understand. Are you saying Johnny Miller doesn't know how to hit a cut? I didn't hear him make the comment you said he made regarding that particular shot by Tiger. Not trying to defend Miller I would guess he was describing an unwanted effect on the part of Tiger who mistakingly opened the face of his club at impact. I think you'll agree it's a mistake that can happen for any number of reasons. I mean, all I'm saying is there can be no doubt about the fact...
How do YOU hit a cut?
Have I insulted you?  Feherty was compared to Johnny Miller. I responded saying Feherty wasn't in the same class as an expert on the game as Miller is. I later added some stuff about Feherty's character because frankly some of his statements away from golf insulted me. I only meant to point out Johnny Miller never allowed himself to be that kind of a jerk even though some people take exception to his conclusions pertaining to the game of golf and some of the pros...