or Connect

Posts by Chunky

If you aren't good enough to use a 60 degree then by all mean lose it. If the greens are slow, I can get by without it. It is my favorite bunker club because they turn the sprinklers on the traps on my course and use shitty sand, so you need to use something without much bounce. Now if the greens are fast and you are faced with tight lies then a 60 degree is your club in tight situations, but most people can't pull off the shot. It is also a factor of how good you are at...
you shouldn't be recording a handicap for match play and if it is stroke play the rules deny you the right to give putts, all putts much be putted. Sandbagging is actually not legal under the handicap rules, if you says he is doing it, then report him, he should be disqualified.
So, how is he slowing up the game? Once you establish a slightly larger gap, what's the difference a minute? It well be the same the whole round, so as long as you keep up with a slightly longer gap you are fine. How do you know, he isn't capable of an occasional good shot? Would you like to assume liability for his ball hitting someone?
Hey, if she was further away and wouldn't take her turn, I would say that waiting would put her in a too much time penalty situation. Unfortunately, tournaments don't track or penalize for this.
It is a matter of fact whether your ball went into a hazard, in other words you have to see it go there or see enough of the shot to be sure it did. This would be a red staked hazard or a yellow staked hazard. The rules don't  give a darn whether you can see or the golf course is ill designed. So, bottom line is if not sure, re tee and hit again, you are now lying three after you second tee shot.
The course I play at has a posted handicap for each set of tees, meaning you take your handicap index and find it on the sheet and that will give you the strokes you get from a specific tee box. This is not a perfect system as you will come up with differences of 1.3 strokes which rounds off to 1 stroke. Anyway, the adjustment is figured out for you. If you have a mens club, who doesn't? Then they should have a conversion, if they don't they are pretty lame.
Pace of play is a threefold problem: 1)The course itself  2)Slow players 3) USGA rules don't make play fast.   First of all imagine a course that is old with greens that are small and curvey, bunkers around them with different types of sand, some with not enough sand, greens that roll at three different speeds  and change daily, uneven watering, 16 holes that you can bounce off the green into OB or 8inch high grass. Blind shots on fairways that bounce toward hazards...
If the gap in your nine iron and six iron is only 20 yds, then you only need one iron at most to fill the gap between them. At this point it all depends on how serious you are about golf. If you intend to play two or three times a week you will gain distance and the gap between the nine and six will increase. Otherwise, just go have fun.
I played with a guy a year ago, he wasn't crossed handed but he had a very odd swing. The general way his swing worked was he picked the club straight up to just right of his head (right handed) and then dropped it in and hit away. The day I played with him he only carried a 7 iron and a driver, no putter and shot something just over par. About three quarters the way through the round I asked him if he had ever hurt his arms. He said as a matter of fact he had broken...
I like the titleist nxt tour. Travels well and not as as much back spin as the pro v. I don't worry so much about distance as how it reacts to the green. A short chip with a pro v will check, hit it harder and it will check more, you end up with the same distance, meaning to control the ball you have to get all fancy with the face of the club. It get more complicated, at this point I'm trying to keep it simple.