or Connect

Posts by rtylerg

For me it's about the money right now.  I'm still a college student and barely have enough money for range balls and clubs let alone lessons.  However, I'm a true student of the game and I absorb all the freely available instruction I can get my hands on.  Also, I practice consistently and I've been able to narrow down all the instructional advice and tips to only the ones that work for me.  One thing I've tried to do more consistently is film myself practicing.  I find...
I absolutely think he would be better off hitting a draw on every shot.  He naturally hits a draw and it seems his body is always wanting to move in a draw-producing motion.  I think he just looks awkward trying to hit a fade/cut.  Look at Collin Montgomerie or Ian Poulter or other more lanky players hit fades and it just looks more natural for their body types and swings.  They're more upright which produces a better fade.  Tiger has been and is more flat which produces a...
+1 for low-flying, high-spinning, suck-it-back-6-feet wedge shot!  Also, being able to pure a 230-240 yard 4 iron from the fairway on command would be cool too.
Boo Weekley!  That guy strikes the ball with authority and he does it simply and effortlessly.  Some of these other guys look like they're doing a complicated yoga stretch when they swing and it really doesn't look like there's much ummph to their strike.  With Boo you know that ball was hit solidly.
I know this thread is old but what the heck... I was testing out the new Mizuno Mp h4 5 and 4 irons today with dgs300 shafts. I play mp 53s with dgs300s and love them (except the 5 and 4 irons don't fly high enough for me because my ball flight is naturally lower, hence trying the h4s:). I loved the mp h4s and was getting the exact numbers I was after and could really work the ball on command with them. I asked the fitter if he thought I should go with an X100 soft stepped...
My question is regarding custom shaft options.  I know Ping really likes to create proprietary shafts.  What is the advantage/disadvantage to doing this rather than just simply using a 3rd party shaft that people are familiar with?  What is the process involved in creating a shaft, say the JZ or the Z-Z65 iron shafts?  I assume that it is more or less just a custom order from a major manufacturer such as True Temper.  Does this allow Ping to control quality and specs of...
At my homecourse the serious golfers (men's club guys) mostly all have a nice Clicgear pushcart usually with a 64 ounce diet coke in the cup holder:) The newbies and guys to avoid getting behind use motorized carts. The high school and college team guys sometimes carry but most use pushcarts. So at least for my home course having a Clicgear pushcart is kind of a status symbol that you don't suck at golf.
Dude you have a nice swing! Excellent tempo, rhythm and balance. I've been struggling with the same wedge issues. One thing that I've found has been helping me with the wedges is to really load my weight onto my left leg (front leg) in the downswing. Almost like a single leg squat. It helps the club lag more and actually shortens my backswing. Anyways that's been working for me. Let us know what you find works for you.
I have the same problem of hitting my CG-14 50, 52, 56, 60(I alternate the 50/52) wedges sky high and short.  They have the stock 124g wedge flex shaft in them and I think that might be part of the problem.  I have MP 53 irons with TT DG S300 shafts and I have no problem hitting the PW around 135 yards low with a lot of spin.  I read that shaft flexes get stiffer as you go to the shorter irons so it would actually make more sense to have stiffer and slightly heavier...
According to Titleist's shaft matrix: http://media.titleist.com/images/titleist/pdfs/US/2013/sales/2013_Custom_Options_Book.pdf The DG SL launches lower than the standard DG.   I play DG S300 and love them, but I do sometimes wonder what advantages a lighter iron shaft might offer especially in the longer irons.